Best Cookie Recipe Earns Felix’s Top Chef Award
After much anticipation and more than a little time passed, we have our winner!
First let us start by saying the response to this taste test was over the top! As soon as word got out there were cookies to be had, the whole second floor stampeded over to greet us.
The choice was not an easy one; all the recipes we tasted were fantastic. In fact, there were more than a few discussions as to which cookie should be named the winner – though we think this may also have been an excuse to try ‘just one more bite’.
However, after the votes were counted, one cookie walked away with just a few extra votes, winning the title of “Felix’s Top Chef”. Congratulations euterpe35!
Here is her award winning recipe:
Seattle Sunshine Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoon ORANGE extract (the real stuff)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) white chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cup chopped Macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- Cream together the butter, the sugar, and the orange extract in a separate bowl. Then crack your eggs into this mixture, stir until mixed well.
- Add the flour mixture into the creamy mixture a bit at a time until you get it is all thoroughly mixed.
- Add the white chocolate chips and the macadamia nuts.
- Using a large tablespoon, drop this mixture by the spoonful onto a baking sheet.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Congratulations euterpe35! Thank you to everyone who participated in our Best Cookie in the World Contest.