3 Cards to Dead Time Walkthrough
Welcome to the 3 Cards to Dead Time Walkthrough!
Use your powers of observation and deduction to unlock glimpses of events from the past and solve an 80 year old mystery!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document contains a complete 3 Cards to Dead Time game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Chie.
- There are 7 Chapters in the game, with an introduction and a Finale.
- Each Chapter contains one or 2 mini-games that can be played either at the beginning or at the conclusion of your search.
- You can choose which difficulty level you would like to play at the beginning of the game.
- Easy – Choose this option if you do not want gameplay to slow down the story.
- Challenge – Select this option for an equal balance of story and gameplay; this walkthrough follows the Challenge Mode.
- The Book Icon in the lower left corner can help you access the Game Menu.
- You can click on the large button on the lower right corner if you want to use a hint. The amount of hints you have left will be displayed in the center of that button.
- The number in red represents the number of misclicks you are allowed before you get penalized.
- You will accumulate an extra hint for every 100 points you accumulate in the game. Each item you find will earn you 10 points.
- The purple button shows you how many items you’ve successfully clicked on.
- Puzzles appear in the lower right corner of a scene if a puzzle is available. You can play the puzzle whenever you are ready. Puzzles can be skipped ay any given time.
- The bottom row of slots is connected by 3 purple boxes. To complete the connection, find 2 objects that go with it.
- All the slots of the same color are connected. Only colored boxes need to be filled in.
- The Chapter Summary appears at the end of each chapter. The three Tarot Cards you just played will be available on this screen.
- You can replay any of the scenes to up your score. You can earn a total of 4 stars in each scene.
- The mini-games can also be replayed from this page.
- You can also watch the story scenes by clicking on the Story Summary for a recap of the story in that particular chapter.
- All the Phobia items are marked in green in the screenshot.
- Look for items that people are afraid or superstitious of like: A Spider, A Snake, A Hypodermic Needle and Number 13.
- All the King Connections are marked in purple and green, these include the Queen, Jack, Bishop, Rook and Pawn.
- For the dance connection, click on the music note on the ground.
- For Adam, click on the image of ADAM & Eve in the upper right.
- At the beginning of the next chapter you will be presented with 3 cards, clicking each card will take you to a different place.
Six of Swords
- There are 3 categories to look for in this scene, things that float, have strings or have tips.
- The floating items are marked in green. Some of the floating items include: Life Vest, Paper Airplane, Balloon, Ice, Kite, Leaf, Foam Finger and Oar.
- The string items are marked in red, these include: Kites, Puppet, Bikini, Curtain, Harps, Piano, Violin, Pearls, Yo-Yo, Balloon and Hot Air Balloon.
- Some items fall into more than one category. The Balloons fit into the floating and strings category.
- The tip items are marked in blue in the screenshot, these include: Matches, Dry Erase Marker, Magic Wand and An Arrow Head.
- The categories in this section are Tarot Cards, Connections, and Astrological Signs.
- The Tarot Cards are marked in green. Look for the following items in this section: Moon, Earth, Sun, Wand, Pentacle, Sword, Cup, Star and Lion.
- The Connections are marked in red and include:Paper & Pen
Lion – Tin Man – Scare Crow
Earth – Wind – Fire – Water
Bride & Groom
- The zodiac symbols are marked in purple and include: Lion, Bull, Archer, Twins and Crab.
- Each amulet represents a trait. It is up to you to find out what each trait is.
- Move each of the 4 amulets over each of the pictures. A light will glow when an amulet passes over a picture with a particular trait.
- After you pass all 4 amulets over each picture, click on the arrow at the bottom of the scene so you can reach the 4 objects.
- Pass the amulets over each of the 4 objects in the scene.
- Click on the arrow once you’ve completed the previous task. The 4 objects are now next to the pictures.
- Drag the 4 objects onto the 4 pictures you think they belong to and click on the yellow DONE button at the bottom of the scene to enter your selection.
- The matching objects and pictures glow with the same amulets.
- The solution is as follows:Place the pill box on Mont Willis
Place the ring on Lela Silloway
Place the pen on Devin Tellus
Place the sword on Gira Tayler
Ace of Cups
- The objects always imprinted with numbers are marked in red and include: Thermometer, Clock, Laptop, Dollar, Newspaper, Credit Card, Price Tag, Medicine Bottle and Book.
- Objects you put in your mouth are marked in blue, they include: Pacifier, Straw, Fork, Coffee and Pills.
- Objects that come in 3’s are marked in green, they include: Bear, Little Pig, Wise Man, Musketeers and Blind Mice.
- Your goal is to reproduce the sequence of 5 musical notes that plays in the voicemail message.
- To solve the puzzle, click on the numbers 03851 on the phone.
- The objects that can be found on a door are marked in red and include: Gender Sign, Open Sign, Wreath, Knocker, Knob, Cross and Handle.
- The objects that are found in pairs are marked in blue and include: Eye, Glove, Slipper, Knight, Wedding Ring, Shutter and Sock.
- The connections are marked in yellow and include:Airplane- Train- Automobile
Needle & Thread
Shoe & Sock
- Take the pieces of the broken record on the right and reassemble them on top of the player.
- The pieces do not lock into place when they are in the correct position.
- Start with the pieces that have the red record label on them and put them in place around the center.
- Then work on the outer rim by getting edge pieces and matching them to the curve of the outside edge.
- It should be easy then to finish the rest of the puzzle.
- Refer to the screenshot for the completed record.
Nine of Wands
- The objects that may create smoke are marked in red and include: Cigarette, Volcano, Train, Teepee, Car, Match, and Toaster.
- The connections are marked in green and include:Bread & Butter
Sex- Drugs- Rock’ n Roll
- The objects that are created with an oven or kiln are marked in yellow and include: Bread, Cigarette, Croutons, Pie, Glass, Cinnamon Bun and Pretzel.
Queen of Cups
- The objects associated with England are marked in red and include: Union Jack, Big Ben, Stonehenge, Beefeater and James Bond.
- The objects associated with Halloween are marked in green and include: Black Cat, Pumpkin, Witch, Skull, Ghost, Bat, Coffin and Spider Web.
- The objects associated with the head are marked in yellow and include: Graduation Cap, Sombrero, Ice Pack, Headphones and Halo.
- Solving this puzzle involves arranging the pictures on the wall so that they are all inside the lighter colored areas and are not overlapping.
- Start by placing the largest pictures and then fill in the smaller ones around them.
- There could be more that one solution.
- Refer to the screenshot for one possible way to finish the puzzle.
- The objects that come in eights are marked in red and include: Tentacles, Pawns, and Spider Legs.
- The objects associated with Bubbles are marked in blue and include: Aquarium, Bath Tub, Soap, Champaign, and Scuba Diver.
- The objects associated with celestial bodies are marked in purple and include: Earth, Zeus, Venus, Moon, Sun, Saturn, and Star.
- Solving this puzzle involves have the planets all rotate into a line at the bottom of the disks after pressing the button.
- You may move any of the planets by clicking on the disk and holding the mouse button down in one direction or the other.
- You can put all of the planets in a line this way, but the puzzle will on be completed if they are moved into a line after pressing the rotation button.
- The planet rings all rotate at different speeds.
- When you think you have the correct position, click the button to test it out.
- One possible solution is given in the screenshot. Put the planets in this position and click the button.
- The objects that are ruined by sunlight are marked in red and include: Painting, Film, Newspaper, Record, and Vampire.
- The objects associated with superstitions are marked in green and include: Crossed Fingers, Horseshoe, Black Cat, Wishbone, Shooting Star, Friday the 13th, Four-leaf Clover, and Broken Mirror.
- The connections are marked in yellow and include:Rock- Paper- Scissors
North- South- East- West
Two of Pentacles
- The objects that you wear or put on are marked in red and include: Necklace, Backpack, Socks, Mood Ring, Watch, Mask, and Hat.
- The objects that change color are marked in blue and include: Octopus, Lobster, Traffic Light, Tomato, Chameleon, and Bananas.
- The objects that deter a thief are marked in yellow and include: Password, Lock, Alarm, Window Bars, Dog, and Security Camera.
- This puzzle cannot be completed until everything else in chapter has been finished.
- Click any piece of the map by an empty square to move it into the square.
- Rearrange the squares this way until you have the completed map.
- There are three corners to the map, use the black arrows to put them in the correct place. This missing corner is where the space goes in the end.
- Start from the top and work your way down. If you get stuck rearrange the pieces in the surrounding area and try again.
- Refer to the screenshot for the completed map to help you if you get stuck.
- At the start of the next chapter you will be given one of two choices that affect the story. This walkthrough assumes that you go to the Knight of Cups card first.
Knight of Cups
- The first list of objects is composed of opposites, and the objects are marked in yellow on the screenshot. The missing parts of the list include: Stop, Up, Right, Moon, and Mouse.
- The objects that have antennas are marked in green and include: Airplane, Snail, Radio, Crab, Cell phone, Lobster, Butterfly, and Car.
- The objects that fly are marked in purple and include: Hot Air Balloon, Paper Airplane, Kite, Hang Glider, Seagull, and Bat.
- This puzzle involves pairs of cards, and the point is to make paths between like cards without ever crossing paths.
- Click any of the brighter colored cards and the click on the tiles beside it to draw out the path you want. If you path ends besides a matching card, your path will be saved.
- Do this for the rest of the cards. You can click the original card again to get rid of the path you have drawn.
- Refer to the screenshot for the answer. All of the tiles on the board will be used completely.
Knight of Wands
- The objects that come in pairs are marked in yellow and include: Chopsticks, Skis, Shoes, Boots, Dice, and Windshield Wipers.
- The objects that are types of games are marked in green and include: Marbles, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Pinball, Darts, and Poker.
- The objects that are projectiles are marked in blue and include: Bullet, Arrow, Rocket and Fireworks.
- Find 11 objects in the portrait that are “wrong”.
- This includes things like a snowman in winter, a TV antennae or airplane in the past, cactus in Maine, etc.
- Refer to the screenshot for all the incorrect items.
Two of Swords
- The connections are marked in green and include:
Bat – Ball
Gold- Silver – Bronze
Yin – Yang
Heart – Soul
- The objects that guide are marked in red and include: Trail Sign, Flashlight, Compass, Map, Sonar, Dog, and Lighthouse.
- The objects with chains are marked in yellow and include: Keys, Locket, Bird Cage, Chainsaw, Anchor, and Bicycle.
- The objects that come in fives are marked in green and include: Fingers, Basketball Players, Rings, and Toes.
- The objects that are related to communication are marked in purple and include: Telephone, Cave Paintings, Pony Express, Hieroglyphics, Braille, Pencil, Letter, and Radio.
- The objects that accept coins are marked in yellow and include: Beggar, Vending Machine, Turnstile, Piggy Bank, and Fountain.
- There are six places in the shelf marked with dates and six different inventions line up at the bottom of the screen.
- Put the inventions in the correct shelf according to the date they were invented.
- Refer to the screenshot for all the correct locations.
- The connections are marked in red and include:
Lion- Bear- Tiger
Eurasia- Antarctica- Australia- Africa- South America- North America
- The objects that move on a game board are marked in yellow and include: Dice, Spinner, King, Knight, Checker, Token, and Tile
- The objects found on countries’ flags are marked in blue and include: Crescent Moon, Star, Sun, Star of David, Maple Leaf, Eagle, and Dragon.
- Use the pencil to connect the dots and create a shape that will help you find something later on.
- Click the pencil on any of the round dots on the paper to start a line from there. Click another round dot to draw a line to that dot.
- There are three extra dots that are not part of the shape you need to make.
- Click the reset button if you make a mistake.
- Refer to the screenshot for the correct answer.
- In the start of the next chapter the cards will start face down, start picking cards from the left to follow the guide.
Three of Wands
- The objects that you put on top are marked in red and include: Weather Vane, Scope, Police Light, Tiara, Crown, Hat, and Starfish.
- The objects that you climb are marked in yellow and include: Rope, Ladder, Chair, Stairs, Monkey Bars, and Beanstalk.
- The objects that you look through are marked in green and include: Telescope, Periscope, Spyglass, Binoculars, Glasses, and Peephole.
- Solve this puzzle by rearranging the skulls and key tiles so that only the four key tiles are in the center of the lock.
- Clicking the key holes at the top and left of the lock will flip the tiles in the row. Any skulls will become keys and key will become skulls.
- Follow the screenshot for the answer.
- You only need to click four of the key holes and they can be clicked in any order.
- The objects associated with magic are marked in red and include: Ouija Board, Pentagram, Black Cat, Tarot Cards, Witch Hat, and Broom.
- The objects that can protect are marked in yellow and include: Security Camera, Helmet, Boot, Alarm, Dog, Gloves, Beefeater, Gasmask, and Umbrella.
- The objects with a hook are marked in green and include: Mouse Trap, Fishing Pole, and Hanger.
Power Button Mini-game
- This mini-game has two different parts.
- In the first part you need to clear away all of the vines so you can get to the power box.
- Click on the vines to remove them, but don’t click on the power lines that look just like them or you will have to start over.
- The correct vines to cut are shown in the screenshot.
- After all the vines have been cleared, you can solve the puzzle on the power box.
- Turn all of the dials until you have spelled out the word “ANSWER”.
- Refer to the screenshot for how this looks.
- The objects that need special cutting are marked in red and include: Wood, Straw, Glass, and Flowers.
- The objects related to punishment marked in yellow and include: Yoke, Noose, Whip, Straight-jacket, Handcuffs, Electric Chair, and Ducking Stool.
- The connections are marked in green and include:Hand- Foot
1- 2- 3
Bricks- Straw- Sticks
- Move the bee from the middle of the board to the goal within 23 moves to win this mini-game.
- When the game starts the bee can only go through purple barriers.
- Click the box above the bee to move it there. Then the bee will only be able to go through red barriers.
- Next click on the box to the right, the bee will go through and only be able to go through green barriers.
- Click the box below the bee and the bee will go through and again only be able to go through purple barriers.
- The barriers the bee can go through keep on cycling like this: Purple, Red, Green, Purple, Red, Green, etc.
- Refer to the screenshot for one possible path to the end that take less than 23 moves.
Four of Swords
- The objects found underground are marked in red and include: Bone, Casket, Beet, Mole, Treasure Chest, Carrot, and Diamond.
- The objects that come in fours are marked in yellow and include: Horsemen, Tires, Aces, and Quarters.
- The connections are marked in green and include:Diamond- Space- Clover- Heart
Cup- Wand- Pentacle- Sword
- First there will be only one group of objects available. The objects that cut are marked in yellow and include: Knife, Sword, Scissors, Axe, and Guillotine.
- The room will then transform and two more groups will become available.
- The objects found in a circus are marked in green and include: Clown, Elephant, Trapeze, Popcorn, Juggler and Lion.
- The objects that are associated with France are marked in blue and include: Eiffel Tower, Fleur de-Lys, Baguette, Croissant, French Flag, Beret, and Wine.
- First there will be only one group of objects available. The objects that used by a magician are marked in red and include: Wand, Dove, Blindfold, Saw, Playing Card, Top Hat, and Rabbit.
- The room will then transform and two more groups will become available.
- The objects that come in sevens are marked in yellow and include: Knights, Samurai, and Dwarves.
- The objects that are opposites are marked in red and include: Cat, and Demon.
- First you will need to answer three questions correctly.
- Click on the answers that fit with the story:What is tonight? – All Hallows Eve
Where are we? – Starfall
How many of us here have attempted the Ritual before? – 2
- Next you will be given three choices, click the last option: CHOOSE FIVE DIFFERENT CARDS.
5 Tarot cards Mini-game
- Click these five cards in the follow order: The Fool, The Empress, Strength, The Hierophant, and The Magician.
- The cards have the following numbers above them: 0, 3, 5, 8, 1.
- Refer to the screenshot for the location of the cards and their correct order.
Congratulations! You finished the game!