3 Cards to Midnight Walkthrough
Welcome to the 3 Cards to Midnight Walkthrough!
Jess Silloway has just woken up and does not remember the last few weeks. Help Jess remember the past using mystical Tarot cards.
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document starts with general game tips before launching into the complete 3 Cards to Midnight game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by B. Awesome.
- GENERAL TIPS
- CHAPTER 1
- CHAPTER 2
- CHAPTER 3
- CHAPTER 4
- CHAPTER 5
- CHAPTER 6
- CHAPTER 7
- At the beginning of the game, you have three different levels of difficulty to choose from; “Easy,” “Challenge,” or “Gamer.” This walkthrough is for the “Challenge” difficulty level.
- At the bottom of the screen is a key word or list of key words. On either side of the key words are blank slots which need to be filled with items relating to that word in order to create a different word. For example, if the key word is “light,” and you find a sun, that sun would be listed on the left to create “sunlight.” If you find a bulb, it would be listed on the right to make “light bulb.”
- When working with multiple key words, be sure that you select the correct word. For example, if your words are “light” and “sugar,” and you click on a bowl to make “sugar bowl,” but “light” is selected on your panel, it will count as a miss.
- The blue ball in the bottom left corner shows how many hints you have left. Click on this to use a hint.
- The green ball in the bottom right corner shows the number of points that you’ve earned within the level. At 100 points, you are awarded an additional hint. Note: Points and Hints do not carry over between rooms.
- Clicking any incorrect object is a “miss.” If you run out of misses, you will have to restart the level. The number on the red ball on the right shows how many misses you have left.
- Each level is represented by a Tarot card. Upon completion, each level is rated from one to four stars – the higher the rating, the stronger the card. At the end of the game you’ll need to choose your two “strongest” Tarot cards to determine the outcome of the game, so do your best to get a good score on every level.
- Some levels have unlockable puzzles. These puzzles can either be completed as soon as they’re found or at the very end of the level, after all of the words have been found. To play a puzzle, click on the green “puzzle” button in the bottom right corner. All puzzles can be skipped, but doing so lowers your rating for that level.
- Between chapters is a Chapter Summary page. Here, you can review the story so far, replay a location, or retry the entire chapter to get a better score.
- On the main menu, click on “How to Play” for a detailed diagram of the controls and the Chapter Summary pages.
- Items in the screenshots are circled in different colors depending on which key word they belong to. For example, an item circled in red matches up with the keyword circled in red. Items that belong to more than one keyword will be circled with both colors.
- Key word: Note
- Items: key, foot, bank, love, quarter, the letter C, book, and pad.
Knight of Cups:
- Key word: Love
- Items: puppy, bug, boat, letter, bird, note.
- Key word: Sugar
- Items: pill, bowl, cookie, pie, spoon, water, cube, pea, cane.
- Key word: Ring
- Items: napkin, diamond, bell, key, phone, onion, box, worm.
Puzzle Solution – The Zodiac:
The High Priestess:
- Key word: Honey
- Items: pie, pot, bear, comb, moon, bee, bun.
- Key word: House
- Items: boat, cat, hen, dog, doll, light, glass, bird, coffee, boat.
- Key word: School
- Items: bus, board, girls, newspaper, bell, book.
Puzzle Solution – Runes:
- Key word: Light
- Items: sun, flash, stop, candle, star, lime, weight.
- Key word: Day
- Items: sun, M.L. King, flag, Valentines, the letter D, Christmas.
- Key word: Key
- Items: car, Florida, lime, pad, note, chain, Largo.
Puzzle Solution – Zodiac Crossword:
- Key word: Sea
- Items: gull, horse, shell, lion, plane, money, salt.
- Key word: Boat
- Items: gun, paddle, sail, shoe, deck.
- Key word: Glass
- Items: shot, plate, wine, magnifying, eye.
Puzzle Solution – Shredded Newspaper:
Knight of Wands:
- Key word: Hat
- Items: top, cowboy, Panama, 10 gallon, straw, box, rack.
- Key word: Card
- Items: index, ID, flash, bank, phone, board, key, shark
Puzzle Solution – Blackjack:
Five of Pentacles:
- Key word: Bell
- Items: cow, sleigh, church, pepper, curve.
- Key word: Baby
- Items: face, book, tooth, test tube, boots, doll, shoes, bottle, grand.
Puzzle Solution – Ouija Board:
- The message should read: “We found the Silloways. It will be over soon.”
- Key word: Window
- Items: glass, car, ticket, rearview, drivethru, frame, envelope, washer.
- Key word: Top
- Items: carrot, gun, dog, banana, hat, dollar, 10.
Puzzle Solution – Find the Differences:
- Key word: Box
- Items: shadow, shoe, mail, bread, match, cash, ring, top, springs.
- Key word: Star
- Items: north, ship, fish, fruit, 69.
- Key word: Coat
- Items: top, fur, pea, sugar, hanger.
Puzzle Solution – The Star box
The Hanged Man:
- Key word: Old
- Items: hat, maid, school.
- Key word: Lamp
- Items: gas, sun, Tiffany, shade.
- Key word: Dust
- Items: saw, moon, star, mop, bowl, bunny, pan.
- Key word: Green
- Items: emerald, lime, onion, horn, beret, apple, frog, pepper.
Puzzle Solution – Wheel cipher
- Scroll the wheel ciphers until they form what is on the note, but without spaces: “celestewemustfollowgiraadrian.”
- Once completed, dots will appear on the note either above or below certain letters. These represent how you need to turn the wheel ciphers to reveal the next note.
- Example: four dots appear below the letter C, so scroll the wheel down by four letters.
- The final message should read “wemustfleewiththechildtonight.”
- Key word: Moon
- Items: honey, crescent, full, blue, walk, river, boots.
- Key word: Water
- Items: spring, ice, salt, bottle, log, melon, pump, cannon, tank, jug, bowl.
Puzzle Solution – The Star
The Five of Cups:
- Key word: Track
- Items: horse, train, inside, dog, ball, light.
- Key word: Horse
- Items: pack, saw, track, whip, cart, radish, shoe.
- Key word: Gold
- Items: fools, 14k, tooth, ring, brick, coin, fish.
Puzzle Solution – Calculator Message
- When turned upside-down, certain numbers can appear as letters. The note to the right is actually a cleverly hidden equation. You must enter them into the calculator to uncover an important number.
- For “Lies without Sigh,” press 5317 – 4615 then hit the = button.
- For “Loss + SOS – his – Lies” press 5507 + 505 – 514 – 5317 and hit =.
- For “Take high out of Hell” press 7734 – 4614 and hit enter.
- Key word: Hand
- Items: cow, poker, soap, puppet, spring, bag, grenade, saw.
- Key word: Stick
- Items: drum, match, candle, lip, fish, broom, bread, pin.
- Key word: Table
- Items: poker, card, coffee, pool, saw, spoon, top.
Puzzle Solution – Rune Alphabet puzzle:
Wheel of Fortune:
- Key word: Wheel
- Items: bicycle, roulette, cart, pin, chair.
- Key word: Cup
- Items: fruit, butter, tea, coffee, cake, board.
- Key word: News
- Items: bad, paper, reel, radio, cast, stand.
Puzzle Solution – Rune message:
- This puzzle can be a little tricky – make sure that the ampersand is facing the correct way.
Eight of Swords:
- Key word: Night
- Items: starry, stand, watch, cap, owl.
- Key word: Bad
- Items: apple, blood, egg.
- Key word: High
- Items: chair, top, horse, wire, jack.
- Key word: Black
- Items: top, jack, cat, sheep, belt, widow, eye, tie, board.
Puzzle Solution – Ouija Board Message
- The message should read: “Escape to safety with the Puritan or all will die.”
Eight of Cups:
- Key word: Game
- Items: arcade, video, basketball, football, card, baseball, boar, cube, over.
- Key word: White
- Items: egg, off, board, elephant, bread, knight, collar.
- Key word: Power
- Items: fire, brain, horse, battery, plant, pack, box, cord, seat, train.
- Key word: Gun
- Items: staple, hand, paint, spear, barrel, fire.
- Key word: Car
- Items: box, train, hand, police, seat, battery, horn, bomb, jack.
10 of Swords:
- Key word: Fire
- Items: Cross, gun, brush, drill, bomb, crackers, hydrant, fly, light.
- Key word: Shoe
- Items: Gum, boat, horse, bomb, fly, tree, horn.
- Key word: Flash
- Items: Camera, photo, bomb, gun, light, bulb, card.
Nine of Wands:
- Key word: Room
- Items: bed, sun, leg, ball, board, tea.
- Key word: Father
- Items: god, grand, step.
- Key word: Blue
- Items: bonnet, moon, Hawaii, bell, book, chip, print, cross, collar, plate.
Puzzle Solution – Photo Negative:
Eight of Wands:
- Key word: Back
- Items: horse, piggy, flash, camel, quarter, razor, switch, spring, board, bone, space.
- Key word: Time
- Items: spring, quarter, space, tea, tee, sheet, bomb, clock, capsule, card, frame.
- Key word: Book
- Items: bank, hand, face, year, check, note, match, phone, mark, club.
- Key word: Blood
- Items: cold, royal, bank, money, sugar, hound, cell, sucker.
- Key word: Trick
- Items: coin, hat, magic, card, pony.
- Key word: Dead
- Items: brain, wood, battery, pan, eye, ball, duck, weight.
- Now comes the time for you to make the choice that will determine your outcome. You must pick your two strongest cards in order to defeat Illy – if you choose weak cards, you’ll get an alternative ending.
- The strength of your cards is determined by how many stars each card has, but ultimately their real power comes from what each card represents.
- Two “strong” cards are the “Knight of Cups” and “Death.” If you have less than four stars on either of these, now is a good time to go back and replay those chapters to get a four star rating!