Welcome to the 3 Days: Zoo Mystery Walkthrough!
Help Anna find and return 5 rare animals to her uncle’s zoo! You will only have three days before the zoo is shut down forever!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document starts with general game tips, followed by the complete 3 Days: Zoo Mystery game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Zach H.
- Important: When your cursor turns into a hand, it means that you can interact with or move what you’ve highlighted by pressing the left mouse button. Be sure to comb each screen for objects you can move, as they will often be hiding a needed object.
- When your cursor has a question mark on it, it means you can examine the highlighted object for more information.
- Hints are unlimited; however, you will incur a point penalty for using one, and they take time to recharge in between uses.
- Clicking too often on an incorrect item will incur a fast-click penalty.
- Find all the hidden objects on your list. Objects needed for a puzzle will be sent to your inventory on the right once you’ve found them all.
- Once you’ve gathered the materials needed, click on them, and then click on the piranha tank.
- Fish for the keys at the bottom of the tank. To do so, click your left mouse button to lower your hook. Then maneuver the key back to the surface without letting one of the piranhas touch it, or it’ll fall back to the bottom. Fish out all of the keys to complete the mini-game.
- Click on the painting above the desk, and then use the key on it.
- Now you’ll need to locate the combination scattered around the room.
- To open the safe, use the numbers in your inventory by clicking on them, and then on the safe. The safe has an imagery-ring lock. Click on each ring until it is in the correct position. Each ring will light up, once it is in its proper place. Once open, click on the contents of the safe.
LEVEL 2: GEORGE’S BAR
- First off, locate 20 pieces of dinnerware scattered across the bar, and then give them to the bartender.
- Prepare the meals for the hungry customers. Drag the food items from the bottom to their silhouetted slots onto the diner trays. Don’t let any trays get to a customer unfinished, or you’ll have to start over.
- Next, the bartender will ask you to help him find his Arabic bottle collection. After you’ve found them all, you’ll need to place them on the shelves in their matching spots.
- After that, you’ll need to clean the bar by removing all the cobwebs and scraps of paper around the room.
- Finally, you’ll be asked to arrange two stacks of plates, purple and yellow, in order from smallest to largest. You can swap plates around by making use of the bottom shelf. Once you’ve separated them by color and arranged them by size, you’ll complete the mini-game.
LEVEL 3: UNCLE’S HOUSE
- Start by locating 15 cats scattered around the room. Note that you can move the three lights in the room on their tracks by dragging them with your mouse cursor.
- Add your uncle’s rifle to your inventory by clicking on it on the right side of the screen. To find the final cat, take your uncle’s rifle and shoot the bottle that is propping up the painting on the top of the shelves.
- In the next puzzle, you’ll need to swap the numbered tiles so that they read in order 1 through 15 starting with 1 in the top left corner. As you’re playing, you’ll notice a bar filling up at the bottom. Every time it fills, you’ll able to swap any two adjoining tiles. Place the tiles in order to move on.
- Next, find all the hidden objects on your list at the bottom.
- After you’ve found all of the objects on your list, drag them from the right onto the scales towards the middle of the screen.
- Now, you’ll have to balance four objects on either side of the scale in order to zero it out. Take a look at the above screenshot for the solution.
- Finally, pick up the documents from the secret hatch that has just opened.
LEVEL 4: POLICE STATION 1ST VISIT
- Start by giving the documents to the police officer behind the desk.
- Next, find the nine donuts scattered around the office for the officer.
- What good are donuts without coffee? Find the objects on your list, and then drag them to the coffee machine in the back room on the left side of the screen.
- The coffee machine is broken, and needs to be repaired with the parts you’ve collected. Look at the above screenshot for the solution. Once the coffee is made, give it to the officer.
- Now you’ll need to find 21 scattered files around the office. Once found, drag the files to the open file cabinets on the left side of the screen.
- Next, you’ll need to reorganize the files in the cabinet. To complete this puzzle, arrange the files so that they’re of matching colors in the vertical columns, and matching symbol types (i.e. letters, vehicles, or animals) in the horizontal rows. Look at the above screenshot for the solution. Give the newly acquired folder archive to the police officer.
LEVEL 5: POLICE STATION 2ND VISIT
- To be deputized by the police, you’ll need to solve a crossword puzzle. You’ll have to find all the words related to police work. Look at the above screenshot for the solution.
- Find all the hidden objects on your list, and then give them to the officer.
- Next, you’ll have to match the composite image on the left side of the screen with the one on the right. Use the arrows to swap image pieces until they match. You’ll have to do this three times.
- Finally, complete another hidden object list for the officer.
LEVEL 6: DOCK
- Find all the hidden objects on your list, and then give them to the captain.
- Place all the items you found outside where they belong inside the ship. Scrolling over each item will give you a clue as to where they should go. Look at the above screenshot for the solution.
- Next, find the hidden objects the captain asks for.
- Now, place the objects you’ve collected into their proper shipping crates.
- Finally, you’ll need to move the crates to their appropriate spots on the ship’s deck. Click on a crate, and then select the direction you want to slide it from the available arrows. The crate will slide until it comes into contact with a barrier or another crate. Check the above screenshot for the solution.
- Start by clicking on the scientist. He’ll ask for a series of objects to find. Once you find each one, give them to the scientist.
- Next, you’ll need to find 12 blueprints. However, none of them are in this room. After finding all the ones in the reactor room, use the door on the right to get to the storage room.
- In order to access the storage room, you’ll need to pick the lock on the door. As you connect wires, keep in mind that red wires need to connect to red wires, and purple to purple. When adjoining tiles are connected correctly, the wires will appear seamless. Note the above screenshot for the solution.
- After finding all of the blueprint pieces, you’ll need to rearrange them to complete the puzzle. Clicking on two separate pieces will swap them on the board, and they will darken when they are in the correct location. Take a look at the above screenshot for the solution.
- Compare the blueprint with the broken plasmatron on the desk to the left.
- Then, find all the parts in your list to repair the plasmatron. Keep in mind that the parts are scattered between both rooms. Once found, drag the parts to the desk.
- In the next puzzle, you’ll need to repair the plasmatron. Drag pieces over the blueprint to where they belong. Also, you can rotate each piece by right-clicking your mouse, and they will darken when placed correctly. The screenshot above shows the solution.
- Using the plasmatron to banish objects to another dimension, locate 15 microchips located around the two rooms.
- After that, take the microchips into the storage room and drag them to the remote control for the force field at the center of the room.
- Complete this puzzle by placing the microchips into their correct slots in the remote control. The points on the chips also need to match up with the little circles on each slot. You can rotate each chip with the right mouse button. The screenshot above shows the solution. Take the distributor with you once you’ve finished the puzzle.
LEVEL 8: POLICE STATION 3RD VISIT
- Start by giving the distributor to the sheriff.
- You’ll have to complete another composite image puzzle next. There are four rounds to it.
- After speaking with the clown, click on his file on the desk to get a hidden object list. Find all the hidden objects on your list to continue. Remember that you still have your plasmatron and you can use to make certain items disappear to locate hidden objects. Once you’ve collected them, place them on the clown’s file.
- In this puzzle you need to place the objects from the bottom in the empty slots so that they connect with the duplicates up top. Check the screenshot above for the solution.
- Complete the next hidden object list.
- Next you’ll need to reconstruct the letter. Remember that you can rotate the pieces with the right mouse button. When a piece is in the right place, it will darken. If you get stuck, take a look at the solution above. Take the letter, and place it in the clown’s file.
LEVEL 9: AT THE BAR
- Find all the objects on the list, and then give them to the bartender.
- Click on the television behind the bar, and play a spot-the-differences mini-game.
- Next you’ll have to cover for the bartender. Customers will come in a request a meal. Find the objects they ask for at the bottom. When the order is finished, give it to the customer, and then pick up their money from the counter.
- After that, you’ll play another food-tray mini-game like you did earlier.
LEVEL 10: FORMER DIRECTOR’S HOUSE
- Complete the director’s hidden object list, and give the items to the director. In this list, you’ll need to find the animals that eat the food listed at the bottom of the screen.
- In the next puzzle, you’ll need to match pairs of cards. On the right are pictures of animals, and pictures of where they live on the left. Take a look at the screenshot above for an example.
- Next, complete the small list of hidden objects the director asks for.
- After that, collect 10 pictures of animals scattered around the room. Remember your plasmatron.
- After that, he’ll then ask for another small list of hidden items. Hint: check the dresser drawers.
- Finally, complete the jigsaw puzzle. As before, you can rotate pieces with the right mouse button. Take note of the solution screenshot above.
LEVEL 11: HALL OF THE MAGNATE’S HOUSE
- Help the butler pick up all the party items on the hidden object list.
- Next, you’ll need to organize the party items in their proper boxes. In this puzzle you can rotate pieces by clicking on the right mouse button. There is a solution screenshot above if you get stuck.
- After that, find the 10 pieces of pottery around the room.
- Then, you’ll need to find 16 records that are hidden.
- Once you’ve found the records, use the plasmatron to remove the piano, and then place the records in the stereo.
- For the next puzzle, swap around the records until you’ve separated them by color and size from smallest to largest on the two shelves. You can use the bottom shelf as extra space for swapping around the records. Take a peek at the screenshot above for the solution.
LEVEL 12: MAGNATE’S ROOM
- First kick over the trash bin and pick up the torn pieces of paper.
- Put the torn piece of paper back together by placing the scraps in their correct places, and rotating the pieces with the right mouse button when needed. The screenshot above has the solution.
- Pick up the sphinx head hidden behind the chair, and place it back on the sphinx base on the desk.
- Next, you’ll need to find some parts to fix the grandfather clock. After you’ve done so, a hidden panel will open in the floor.
- After that, find the 10 billiard balls scattered through the room. Once you’ve found them all, place them in the cue rack towards the back of the room.
- Now pick up the broken bits of stained glass below the stained glass window. Your next puzzle requires you to repair the stained glass window. Pieces in the correct places will darken, and you can rotate the pieces with your right mouse button. Take a look at the solution above if you get stuck.
- Once you’ve completed the window, you’ll need to click on the symbols in the room that are projected on to the floor through the window. When the secret compartment opens, take the photograph from inside.
- Find the five deer heads scattered around the room, and replace them on the wall near the ceiling. Match up the deer heads with the similarly shaped mounts on the wall.
- Find the six champagne glasses around the room, and then place them in the open globe to trigger another secret compartment. Take the contents to finish the level.
- Start by helping the zoo guard locate the missing animals.
- After you’ve found the animals, place them back in their correct cages by lining them up with the animals at the top of the screen so that they’re connected by the lines between them. Note the solution above.
- Next, you’ll need to complete the hidden object list the zoo guard gives you. After you’ve found everything, you’ll need to place them back in the scene where they belong. The screenshot above shows their locations.
- Now you’ll need to disarm the alarm positioned behind the guard. Click on it to start the puzzle. You’ll need to solve this one as you did before; solution above.
LEVEL 14: ZOO ADMINISTRATION
- First, you’ll need to find all the hidden objects on your list using the flashlight.
- After that, you’ll need to fish out the letters at the bottom of the fish tank in the same way as you did before.
- Next, find the 10 puppies hidden around the office.
- Once you’ve found all the puppies, drag them from your inventory into the heavenly painting at the top left corner of the screen.
- Then you’ll need to find six gears scattered around the office and drag them back up to the painting.
- In this puzzle, you’ll need to arrange the gears at the bottom on the pins so that they all turn. Check out the screenshot above for the solution. Once you’ve cleared this puzzle, take the documents from the recess you’ve created.
LEVEL 15: FORMER DIRECTOR’S HOUSE 2ND VISIT
- Start by completing the director’s hidden object lists. He gives you two of them.
- Next, you’ll have to play a Pachinko mini-game. The object here is to let the food marbles drop down so that they bounce into their matching pots.
- After that, the director will ask you to locate 20 photographs scattered around the room.
- Moving forward, complete the spot-the-differences mini-game.
LEVEL 16: LIBRARY
- Start this level by clicking on the broken music box at the back of the room to bring up a hidden object list of parts to find. Remember to look for items you can move around to find some of the objects on your list.
- Once you found all the parts and repaired the music box, click on it to begin a sequence of colored lights. You’ll need to remember the order and click on the corresponding books on the left. If you do it correctly, a secret compartment above the music box will open. The sequence is blue, neon green, pink, cyan, purple, bright red, and yellow. Solution shown above.
- Click on the newly opened compartment to receive a hidden object list to complete. Once you’ve done so, drag the keys up to the compartment.
- In this puzzle, you’ll need to click on the keys to rotate them until they are all lit. Take a look at the above screenshot, and note the numbers given to each key. Clicking on key 1 rotates it, as well as keys 2, 5, and 6. Clicking on key 2 rotates it, as well as key 3. Key 3 rotates itself along with key 1. Key 4 rotates itself along with 3. Key 5 rotates itself only. And key 6 rotates itself along with 4 and 5. Once you complete the puzzle, remove the document.
- Next, you’ll need to locate 15 hand, foot, and shoeprints.
LEVEL 17: AT THE BAR
- Complete the hidden object list given to you.
- Next, you’ll need to fix the bartender’s plastic fish. Place the pieces in their correct places. You can right-click to rotate pieces if need be, and they’ll grow dark when placed correctly. You can find the solution in the screenshot above. Once you’ve finished, place the fish back on its mount.
- Once again, search for the hidden hand and footprints.
- The next puzzle will have you identifying the two matching images in a group of ink blots and prints. There are five rounds to complete.
- Complete another hidden object list.
LEVEL 18: HALL OF THE MAGNATE’S HOUSE 2ND VISIT
- In your first puzzle, you’ll need to watch a pattern of keys played on the piano. Once it finishes, repeat the pattern back by pressing the keys in the order in which they were played. There will be five sets of patterns to repeat, each getting progressively longer.
- Complete a hidden object list.
LEVEL 19: MAGNATE’S OFFICE 2ND VISIT
- The first puzzle you come across is a simplified version of Sudoku. You’ll need to arrange the numbers 1, 2, 3, and 4 so that they only appear once in each row, column, and square. Look at the screenshot above for the solution.
- Complete the next hidden object list.
LEVEL 20: POLICE STATION 4TH VISIT
- Start by giving all of the evidence you’ve collected to the sheriff.
- Complete the hidden object list.
- Next, complete a Match 3 game. Once you’ve filled the vials on the right with enough matches, you’ll move forward.
- Complete another hidden object list.
- Next up is a DNA matching mini-game. You’ll need to make the strand on the left match the one on the right. Using the number keys, you can change sections of the strand. Highlighting a button will show what sections it will affect, and you can press each button more than once. When you think you’ve got it right, press the compare button at the bottom. This lasts three rounds.
- First things first, complete the hidden object lists provided.
- Next is a placement puzzle. You’ll need to place all the food items into the fridge so that they fit. However, you can not rotate or alter the pieces. Take a look at the screenshot above for the solution.
- Complete the next hidden object list.
- In the next puzzle, find the matching pair of keys five times.
LEVEL 22: HOTEL ROOM
- Begin by clicking on the camera sitting on the bedside table.
- After that, find 10 hidden pictures.
- Once found, complete the spot-the-differences puzzle.
- Complete another hidden object list.
- Next, move the table lamp to the right on the desk to access the wall plug. Then, take the laptop from your inventory and click on the plug. Now click on the laptop once it’s plugged in. To complete this puzzle, you’ll need to complete a Match 3 game until you’ve uncovered the laptop’s password.
- After you’ve completed the puzzle, you’ll need to find 20 shoe, foot, and handprints.
- Once the cutscene has ended, take the keys from your inventory and use them on the door; it’ll begin a mini-game. For this puzzle, you’ll need to click on each pin of the lock in the correct order. Make a mistake, and they’ll reset. Look at the above screenshot for the sequence.
LEVEL 23: DOCK
- Help the boat captain fix his boat by finding the objects on your list.
- Next you’ll need to repair the hole in the boat. You can rotate pieces with the right mouse button; pieces will dim when placed correctly.
- After that, complete another hidden object list.
- In the next puzzle, you’ll need to arrange the flags on the screen to complete the equations. At the bottom of the screen, each flag’s numerical value is listed. Take a look at the screenshot above for the solution.
LEVEL 24: DUMP NEAR THE OLD CIRCUS
- Start off by opening the door on the trailer near the center of the screen. You’ll then need to find 10 rings hidden around the level.
- Clicking on the green door on the storage shed, and the door to the train car, will both give you additional objects to locate.
- Finding all the toy pieces, and then placing them on their appropriate shelves on the green storage shed will open the door, revealing the oil can.
- In the next puzzle, much like before, you simply need to bounce the rings down into the containers at the bottom. You need to get at least one ring in each container to progress. Once you complete this mini-game, you’ll receive the oil jug.
- Take the oil and oil can, and use them on the rusty train car door.
- Find all the hidden objects on your list.
- Up next, you’ll have another labyrinth matching puzzle. Complete the paths from the images on the top to their copies on the bottom.
LEVEL 25: OLD WAREHOUSE
- Start this level by clicking on the old car, which will give you a small hidden objects list.
- Once the car is hooked up to the line, search for the tires and a wrench. After that, you’ll need to find gas, a battery, and a steering wheel.
- After you’ve freed the elephant, click on the machine to begin a new object list.
- In the next puzzle, you’ll need to use the arrows next to the clown on the left to make him match the silhouette on the right. Do this three times to move on.
- After you’ve freed the giraffe and panther, you’ll receive another hidden object list. Use the parts you find to repair the ladder to free the zebra and sea lion.
- Next, find all the hidden food items for the animals.
LEVEL 26: BAR
- Give George the receipt. After you do so, he’ll have to find some hidden objects to complete his customer’s orders. Make sure to pick up their money from the counter.
- After that, you’ll play a mini-game similar to the fishing-aquarium game you played earlier. Here you need to use the oven mitt to bring the items out of the oven. If your hand touches the flame, you’ll drop the item, and have to try again.
- Once you’ve completed the mini-game, you’ll go back to filling customer orders.
- In the next mini-game, you’ll need to click on pairs of matching checks to clear them from the board.
LEVEL 27: FORMER DIRECTOR’S HOUSE 3RD VISIT
- Start the final level with a hidden object list.
- In the following puzzle, place the photographs of the animals at the top of the columns, and images associated with them below. You also need to make sure that the symbols going across the rows are related as well. Take note of the solution above.
- Complete the next hidden object list.
- Then, you’ll need to replace the items you found in their proper place within the image of the Magnate’s office. The screenshot above shows the solution.