Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin’ Tips and Tricks
Enter James and Grace Anderson, antique shop experts! With their help, you will revive Beechwood Cove’s old antique shop and bring business back into town in Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin’!
Play this game for free or enhance your experience by purchasing additional gameplay, virtual items, powerups, or other fun extras within the game.
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This Tips and tricks article was created by MargieB, and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
- Antique Road Trip: American Dreamin’ is a Free to Play game for your PC.
- You will unlock areas on the map as you play through the game.
- The resources which appear on the screen will be automatically added to your totals.
- You need to collect special resources to gain access to mini-games. Always pay attention to the exclamation points over a building (!).
- Reach higher levels by visiting cities or helping around town. The more experienced you are, the more customers you’ll attract.
- You’ll receive a message on the screen each time a puzzle in a shop has been unlocked or you earn an achievement.
- If you run out of energy, you can go into a diner and buy something to replenish the energy. Some items will fully restore the energy while others will only restore the energy up to a certain point.
- Access your mailbox here (1). You can interact with other players here. You can also reply, delete, or create messages.
- The USA map can be found here (2).
- Access the Beechwood Cove map here (3).
- Upgrade your current surroundings here (4).
- You can send gifts to your neighbors here (5).
- Your current friends and neighbors appear here. You can also add neighbors from this section (6).
- You can buy accessories for your pet in the Pet Store (7). Use the arrows to scroll through the list of available accessories and their prices.
- Access all the items in your Inventory here (8). This section contains your Food, Keepsakes, and Resources on hand.
- You can buy and sell your collectibles in the Auction house (9).
- Your Collections can be found here (10). This area will show you the components and mini-games needed to obtain each collectible.
- Buy your Food and consumable purchases in the Store (11).
- The Menu button (12) will remove and add the list on the right.
- Select this tab (1) to view your quest information.
- Look at your Objectives (2) to view the tasks you need to complete and the locations of the collectibles. Choose PROCEED (3) to start a quest.
- Quests give you specific goals to reach while playing. You will earn XP points, coins and resources while doing so. The rewards you will receive after completing a quest are shown here (4).
- Select Play Now (5) to begin the next objective on the list.
- You will have to complete the same scene multiple times to find specific items.
- Play Hidden-Object Scenes to raise your rank (E), obtain collectibles and resources (F).
- The lists of customers and their desired purchases appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Four modes will unlock as you play through the game. Each of these modes has to be unlocked in each city as you level up.
- Fast Shopper Mode: The written list of desired items appears at the bottom of the screen (A).
- Picture Mode (Amateur Rank): A picture of what the customers want appears at the bottom of the screen (B).
- Picky Shopper Mode (Connoisseur Rank): You receive descriptions of what customers are looking for. Ex: ‘Their sonar is so advanced that they can navigate in total darkness.’ (answer: Bat) (C).
- Silhouette Mode (Professional Rank): A silhouette of the items you need to find appears at the bottom of the screen (D).
- The price the customer is willing to pay for an item will decrease gradually (G).
- Use a hint if you get stuck (H).
- The amount of items left to find in a scene can be found here (I).
- Select the gears (J) to adjust your settings, get playing tips, view achievements, and to quit or resume the game.
- Choose the Design button (1) to bring up all your choices for decorating your Antique Shop. Choose any item (2) to view all the choices in that category and their price (3).
- Scroll through all available designs by selecting the arrows (purple).
- If the price shown is green, it means that you have enough funds to purchase that item. If the amount is in red, you need more funds.
- More items will unlock as you play through the game.
- Select a building that needs repairing (1) and then choose Fix (2).
- This area shows the money and resources needed to upgrade a property (3).
- The building you’re upgrading is shown here (4).
- Hit the Upgrade button (5) to begin the process.
- Select the building being repaired again to view another menu. You will have to wait a pre-determined amount of time (6) for your building to finish upgrading. If you don’t want to wait, you can speed up the process by using your gold blocks (7) to finish the repairs instantaneously.
- Once a building is complete, you can select the Customize button (8) to change the outside appearance of the building. You can also Enter (9) that building to play unlocked mini-games.
- Select a building (1), choose Enter (2) and then select an unlocked mini-game (3). Note the resources needed to play each game.
- Slide the button up and down to scroll through all available mini-games (4).
- Select the question mark for instructions (5).
- Select your pet for a hint (6). Some mini-games can be skipped when a Skip button appears on the screen.
- Go back to previous screen here (7).
- Create an auction from your Antique Shop screen by pressing on the Collection tab (A) and selecting an item (B).
- Bid or buy from the Auction House screen, by selecting the auction icon. Auction off a selected collectible, by making selections within the ‘Collections’ menu.
- Add a Collectible to your Watch List by selecting the Watch List button in the Collections screen after selecting the item you wish to watch.
- If you bid on an item, your bid needs to be higher than the starting price. You can buy an item outright for the asking price.