Spin, Match, and Win in this unique puzzle game! Join Jasper the Mole on his journey through 10 lands and complete over 140 colorful levels! Spin for gems and send them cascading with matches of 3 or more. The larger the match, the higher your score!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
For technical trouble shooting see our FAQ.
- Chapter 1: Getting Started and General Tips
- Chapter 2: Daily Spin and Challenge
- Chapter 3: Super Wild Gems and Burst Gems
- Chapter 4: Tricks
- Chapter 5: Boosts
- Chapter 6: Boards and Patterns
- Chapter 7: Crates, Rocks, and Chests
- Chapter 8: Jails, Vines, and Boulders
- Chapter 9: Bombs, Steel, and Three-hit Stones
- Chapter 10: Tips for Hard to Beat Levels
- Chapter 11: Gem Collection and Removal, Lava and Two-hit Boulders
- Chapter 12: Barrels, Missing Reels and Vine Generators
- To begin playing, press on the spin button to fill up the bottom reels with gems.
- Select the square on the board (A) where you want to place your gem and the gem will automatically go from the bottom reels (B) to the board.
- You can shoot a gem onto an existing space or an empty square.
- A gem can only be placed on the column above it. It must match at least 2 other gems of the same color.
- Matches can be made in a variety of shapes and sizes.
- If you match all the gems in the bottom reels (C), you will receive a free spin. If you don’t match all the gems, your spins (D) will decrease by one. Once you reach zero spins, the game will end.
- Try to clear the bottom reel of gems as much as possible. This will increase your score multiplier (E) by one and give you more gems to work with. It is usually more valuable to clear the reels than to progress towards the level goal by one step.
- You will earn more bonus points at the end of a round, the more spins you have left.
- Dealing with Obstacles: You will not clear a level unless you meet the star goal as well. However, the faster you clear the main goal, the more bonus points you will get to help clear the star goal.
- Value the win: If a move can make you win right now, take it. If you don’t, it can lead to losses if an unexpected chain reaction happens.
- Sometimes, planning ahead can help.
- Try to get rid of gems on the sides first (H), as they are usually the hardest ones to match.
- If you have several gems of the same color in the reels, plan how you will find places for all of them. If there are not a lot of places for them, consider using some of them for your first moves, then making other moves to create more board space, before working on the rest.
- Make sure you spin the wheel daily (I) for a chance to win a free booster. The wheel can only be used once in a 24-hour period. Select ‘Start’ to begin, and then select ‘Stop’ to see which free booster you’ve earned for the day.
- The booster earned from the free spin can be selected at the beginning of each round and/or during the game in the lower-right corner.
- Play the Daily Challenge (J). Check to see if you or your team emerged victorious! (J1).
- Select the menu (L) to return to the main page.
- You can read a brief help section here (M).
- You can view how many lives you have and how much time until the next life is ready here (N).
- Try to make Super Wild Gems and burst gems; they help out a lot in areas you can’t reach.
- Super wild gems (A) are made by making a wild that matches 3 different colors.
- Burst gems (B) are created via a match that have 8 or more gems. If a match is both of those things, it will be a super wild and not a burst.
- Horizontal bursts come from matches that have more height than width (C).
- Vertical bursts come from matches that have more width than height (D).
- Area bursts come from matches that have equal width and height. The new burst or Super Wild gem will appear in the square you just matched (E).
- Match Super Wild Gems with the color you don’t have on the reel to make room for colors you do need.
- Matching Super Wilds adjacent to Wilds will clear every color adjacent to the pair of wilds you made.
Using Burst Gems
- Bursts do not go through an entire row of blocked squares (as can happen in boulder boards or with crates). Bursts will only take out the adjacent squares.
- Combine different kinds of burst gems to clear a bigger area.
- You can use a wild to combine bursts of two different colors.
- Combining two bursts of the same type has no additional effect.
- If a burst strikes another burst (or super wild) it will set that powerup off, but it will not gain the bonus combining effect. You have to match both with the initial match to get a combination.
- Tricks are purchased during a game from the bottom right of the screen. You can select the icon to read a brief description of what each one does.
- Beat level 7 to unlock.
- Select a gem in the slot to swap it into a different slot.
- Shifter (G) can help you clear the reels to get more spins and a score multiplier. Shifter can also help you position a gem you need to finish a level or get a key objective.
- Finally, shifter can let you move a wild into place to combo-match it with a super wild to clear most of the board.
- Select a gem or obstacle on the board to destroy it.
- The hammer (H) will only destroy one layer of multi-hit obstacles, so choose your target wisely!
- Beat level 11 to unlock.
- Super Match (I) lets you match every gem on the board of a single color.
- Can be very useful for later levels where you have to match all of a certain gem type.
- Super Match can let you reach an area that is otherwise inaccessible, such as a bomb surrounded by stones.
- Buy three extra spins to keep playing.
- You don’t have to buy this move in advance; you will be prompted to buy it after using your last spin.
- Beat level 8 to unlock.
- You can use Spin Saver (K) three times in the next game. It will take away that one gem that’s keeping you from getting an extra spin!
- This boost will make a level last longer because you’ll get more free spins. It will also drastically boost your score by giving you more chances at the free spin score multiplier.
- Plan your moves to take advantage of getting a free spin with one gem left in the reels.
- Beat level 16 to unlock.
- Start the level with a horizontal, vertical, and area burst gem (L).
- You can clear a good portion of the board early on with the help of burst gems. The gems are positioned randomly. If you leave the game to try to get a different position, the trick is still used up.
- Beat level 30 to unlock.
- The multiplier starts one higher (M).
- Getting the main objective but can’t quite seem to get that first star? Star goals are based on score, so try using a multiplier bonus to give you that needed boost.
- It will raise the multiplier by 1 in all situations. So if you never get a free spin, your score is doubled. The more free spins you get, the less that additional +1x matters.
- Starts on level 2.
- Some Squares are missing (N).
- The more squares are missing, the more constricted the board and the harder it will be to clear the reels.
- Make the matches on the ends early on since those are the hardest ones to match.
- Starts on level 10.
- The Amber colored gems are added to the board.
- With 6 gem types, the number of possible moves is reduced, and it is harder to clear the reels.
- Starts on level 10.
- Large boards are significantly easier due to the larger number of possible moves. Don’t let the size intimidate you (O).
- Starts on level 6.
- Get rid of the pattern of cloudy squares (P).
- Patterns could take two or more matches to clear.
- When you make a match close to the pattern, place the gem in the spot that directly clears the pattern.
- Matches on other obstacle types like boulders, crates, stones, jails, vines, etc. do not advance progress through the pattern. If you can’t find the pattern squares, they might be hidden behind stones.
- Starts on level 11.
- Match next to each crate to smash it (A).
- Burst gems can smash large numbers of crates at once (B).
- Starts on level 13.
- Match twice to crack the rocks (C).
- Burst gems do not penetrate rocks.
- Starts on level 21.
- Drop each treasure chest to the bottom of the board (D).
- Use bursts to clear areas below chests.
- Chests reappear at specific times. On most levels, the next chest appears after the current chest has exited the board.
- When a chest is due to appear, try to make your move near the center of the level, where it is easier to advance the chest.
- A chest on the sides is much harder to advance. Be careful as you drop a chest to keep it away from stones and crates. A chest can block your access to those obstacles, making them harder to clear. This is particularly the case on levels with several chests at once.
- A chest matches as soon as it reaches the bottom. Some levels with missing squares have columns where the bottom is very close to the top. Use this to make the chest have to travel less distance.
- Starts on level 36.
- Make a match of the same color as the gem in the jail to break the jail (E).
- Jailed gems block burst effects.
- Starts on level 51.
- Vines are like jails, but they spread. Make a match of the same color as the gem covered by the vine to break it (F).
- Vines will spread on any match that does not match a vine. Vines will stop spreading once all the vines have been eliminated from the board.
- If you have matches that will clear vines, it is often a good idea to use those up first.
- If there is a block of several gems of the same color, and only one has a vine, you can safely do other things while the whole block gets covered, and then you can match the whole group with one move.
- If a vine tile has obstacles around it preventing the vines from spreading, it will do nothing. You can use this fact to prevent vines from spreading until you are ready to handle them (G).
- Burst gems will go through multiple vines. Use this to clear out large swaths.
- If a Super Wild or Burst gem gets covered by vines and you clear it, its special effect will not be activated.
- Starts on level 66.
- Match next to each boulder to smash it (H).
- Boulders are blocked squares that drop down with the gems as you make matches.
- Boulders block the effects of Burst gems.
- Boulder matches do not count towards the pattern. You must remove the boulders first.
- In levels where boulders drop in from above, they usually do so at specific times. You can choose where you match at those times to control where the boulders end up.
- You will lose the level once the timer (I) reaches zero on the bomb.
- Any match that matches a bomb will prevent timers from ticking down on the other bombs.
- Try matching bombs other than the one that’s threatening you in order to buy more time.
- Sometimes it’s better to use 3 matches to match 3 bombs than 1 match to match 3 bombs, as that stalls the count-down for 2 more turns.
- Starts on level 96.
- Unlike missing squares, steel blocks burst gem effects (J).
- You cannot break steel blocks, you have to work your way around them.
- Starts on level 121.
- You must make three matches besides these stones to clear them (K).
- Level 27: break 4 crates; min star goal: 100,000
On level 27, you have to break 4 crates. The minimum star goal is 100,000. The best way to accomplish this is by using the Burst Gems. You can create them on your own by making matches of 8 or more or you can use the Start Burst boost at the beginning of the round.
This is the first level that forces you to understand this very important mechanic.
- Level 30: Drop 4 chests; min score goal: 250,000
On level 30, your goal is drop 4 chests and score a minimum of 250,000 points. In order to beat this level, you must have a good grasp of the rules of the game. Make sure you use Burst Gems in this round, use your patience, and remember all the tips you’ve learned so far.
- Level 41: Get a star; min score goal: 1,000,000
Level 41 is the first level that is all about making the matches to get free spins and raise the multipliers in order to get the minimum score of 1,000,000.
- Level 50: Match Pattern, min. score goal 500,000
On level 50 you have match the pattern and score a minimum of 500,000 points. The pattern covers the entire board, with some of it concealed beneath the crates and stones. You have to burst the entire board down in order to beat the level.
- Level 73: Get a star; min score: 1,500,000
Infamous Level 73 is all about dropping wilds and the presence of orange gems. You have to keep clearing reels and getting free spins to get the very high minimum score of 1,500,000.
- Level 79; Match Pattern; min star goal; 2,000,000
This level has three single tiles that need to be matched. However, doing so as soon as possible will end the match and you will not meet the minimum star goal. The idea here is to AVOID matching the pattern until you have a hefty score built up.
Have patience, relax, and get some points. Save that pattern for when you have plenty of points.
- Level 95; Remove all Bombs; min star goal; 750,000
If dealing with dropping bombs isn’t tricky enough, this level tasks you with defusing a bomb in a treasure chest that will go off in 40 moves. Said chest is surrounded by stones, crates and jailed gems.
Gem Collecting and Removal
- Starts on level 126.
- You must match or remove a set number of specific colored gem from the board (L).
- When working on a removal goal, be aware that gems of that color can drop from above to increase the count you need to remove.
- If the color you need to remove is not a color found on the reels, you can eliminate the gems by using wilds, bursts or placing gems from the reels on top of them.
- Starts on level 141.
- Lava spreads like vines do, but unlike the vines it also removes the gem underneath (M).
- Match next to each lava square to clear them.
- Unlike vines, when lava spreads you can no longer match the gems it covered, making it more difficult to clear. Any moves that you can make next to the lava should be done first to stop the spread.
- Starts on level 142.
- Match next to each boulder twice to smash it (N).
- The first match will turn it from a reinforced boulder to a regular boulder (O).
- Starts on level 156.
- Match next to each barrel to break it open (P).
- Breaking open the barrel may expose desired or unwanted items such as gems, bursts, vines and bombs. In some levels, barrels will only contain one kind of gem; in others, they will contain a myriad of items.
- Pay close attention to what is coming out of the barrels early on in the levels so you have an idea what they contain. On levels in which it is not necessary to smash them open, you may want to avoid breaking them if they contain lava or vines.
- Starts on level 171.
- Missing reel levels will have columns missing which make it trickier to match gems. However, it will be easier to get free spins (Q).
- You can use bursts, wilds and matches crossing adjacent columns to match gems in columns without reels.
- Set up wilds and bursts to buy yourself some time to complete the level with free spins.
- Starts on level 186.
- Vine generators are permanent vine starters that cannot be removed (R).
- Removing all the vines from the level will not stop new vines from appearing.
- The only way to stop the spread of vines is if the vine generator is surrounded by obstacles or empty squares. Be cautious on removing obstacles that may help you prevent the spread of vines.
Thanks to Mark Janecka for all the wonderful tips!