Welcome to the Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom Walkthrough!
Help Chelsea Connor unlock a mysterious vault and uncover the truth behind her father’s mysterious death, 20 years ago!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document contains a complete Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by City Interactive, and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
- Chapter 1: Marketplace
- Chapter 2: Garden
- Chapter 3: Golden City
- Chapter 4: Alexandria – garden
- Chapter 5: The vault
- Look around the Alexandrian marketplace. Talk with the man selling water. Help him fix the plumbing. For the water to flow, you have to find 12 valves. When you find all of them, try opening the doors to get to the pipes.
- Notice that nails are holding them together. Go to the marketplace and find pincers in one of the stands. Return to the tradesman and pull the nails out of the doors.
- Open the doors and take out the valves. Put the valves into their correct places. Get the water flowing by moving the switches on the valves.
- Talk with the tradesman – Moulay – once more. He will be grateful and will tell you where to find the Muezzin.
- Go to the minaret. Talk with the Muezzin. Return to the marketplace and find the checkers pieces he lost. When you find 24 pieces, return to the minaret and play a game of checkers with the Muezzin.
- If you win, he will tell you about Alexandria and will explain where you can find traces of Napoleon’s presence in the city.
- Next, go to the gate of the necropolis and try to open it. Notice the missing elements on the gate.
- Go to the souvenir stand and find the missing elements. Return to the necropolis and put the elements back in their proper places. Open the gate and enter the garden.
- Talk with the young woman – Sile, who you will meet in the garden. You will find out that the Muezzin is her father. She’ll suggest that you look around the garden and look at the souvenirs in her stand. Look around the garden and find a clean cloth, next head to the souvenir stand. Use the cloth to clean the dirty mirror.
- You will find a beautiful necklace. Return to Sile and tell her about what you found. The woman will direct you to a wall where you can view the likeness of Makeda, the Queen of Sheba, who is wearing a similar necklace. Go up to the wall and look at the painting.
- Talk with the guard. Then go to the table with the papyruses and read Makeda’s memoirs. You will learn that you traveled back in time to the year 900 BC. Go to the throne room and talk with the man standing there. Nahas is a spy and he will tell you that the queen is in danger. Go to the table and find the gold ring. Walk up to the throne. Place the ring in the shield behind the throne and arrange the symbol on the shield.
- Once you manage to do so, the queen’s safe will open. Take out her insignia – the sword of Makeda’s ancestors and talk with Nahas.
- Go to the queen’s bedchamber. Talk with the handmaiden – Samia – about prince Menelik. Find the pharaoh’s chest and place the insignia inside. Return to Nahas and order him to take it to Solomon. When Nahas asks for the combination to the chest find the stele with the hieroglyphs. Give it to the spy. Talk with Samia. She will tell you to go to the Eternal Sorceress for advise. She will tell you where Makeda and Menelik will be safe.
- The mask on the wall in the corridor is the Eternal Sorceress.
- You have to wake her up. Notice recesses around the mask. Search for 12 crystals in the corridor. Put them into the recesses around the mask.
- Ask the Sorceress a question. She will ask you to prepare a solution. Remember the order of the potion’s ingredients, as it is very important. You have to find: spring water, the King’s fire, a snake’s egg, a feather from an eagle’s tail, a toad and a hallucinogenic plant.
- The ingredients must be stirred with a rhinoceros’s horn, three times: each time in a different direction.
- Find a water jug in the corridor. Go to the throne room. On the table you will find an oil lamp. On another table you will find 12 mural fragments.
- Go to the bedroom and draw some water from the pool. Go to the Eternal Sorceress and pour the water into the pot under the mask.
- Go to the throne room and talk with the guard and Mengesh. Next head to the tables laden with food and arrange the mural fragments you found earlier into a picture of the sun.
- Light the oil lamp from the flame under the mural and go to the Sorceress.
- Light the wood under the water pot. Return to the table laden with food and find a kiwi fruit.
- Go to Makeda’s bedchambers and find an ancient knife. Return to the table and find a snake’s egg. Return to the bedroom and find a hairpin in Makeda’s jewelry box.
- In the corridor near the entrance to the bedroom there are some drums. Cut out a strip of leather using your knife.
- Return to the bedroom. Attach the leather strip to the hairpin, forming a small slingshot. The kiwi fruit is your ‘bullet’.
- Talk with Samia and return to the throne room. Listen in on Mengesh’s conversation with the guard. Talk with the aristocrat.
- After overhearing their conversation look up at the sky. Notice the eagle flying above the palace. Use your slingshot to get a feather from the eagle’s tail.
- The feather will fall onto the balcony. Go there to find it. Return to the bedroom and talk with Samia.
- The prince is agitated and crying. To calm him down try playing to him on the harp. Notice that a harp string is missing.
- Find the harp string in the bedroom. Play a melody for the child, to calm him down. When Menelik stops crying return to the throne room. On the table laden with food you will find a fish fin. A hallucinogenic plant is growing near the Sorceress. Pick one leaf.
- Look at the paintings over the table and find a rhino’s horn. Return to the Sorceress and prepare the potion. Place all the ingredients into the pot in the correct order. Stir the mixture using the rhino’s horn, three times – each time in a different direction.
- Listen to the Sorceress’s prophecy. When she has told you your fortune talk with her once more. Go to the pool in the garden and look into the water. Take out the granite tile.
- Talk with Sile. Walk along the necropolis’s walls. Notice vines growing over a relief on one of the walls. Find shears among Sile’s tools. Trim the vines with the shears, and notice look at the relief.
- Return to Sami and talk with her. Then go to the Muezzin and tell him about what you found. Go to the water stand and talk with Moulay.
- Borrow a brush from him and return to the garden.
- Clean the niche beneath the relief and place the four tile fragments into it. Solve the puzzle that appears after you insert the tiles into the niche.
- Notice than an element is missing. Go to Sile and talk with her. Help her arrange her gardening tools. Once you’ve put all the tools into the toolbox you will find a wrench.
- Go to the pond and use the wrench to drain the water. Notice the mosaic fragment on the bottom of the pond. Pick it up and return to the niche.
- Place the missing fragment into its correct place.
- Notice that a concrete slab has shifted when you inserted the fragment. You can’t go underground because the crack isn’t big enough.
- Return to the marketplace and find a crowbar by the souvenir stand. Use the crowbar to pry open the slab. Try descending underground. You will find that it is too dark for you to see anything.
- Go back to the marketplace and find a torch. Go to Moulay and talk with him about the underground passageway. A flame is burning near his stand, light your torch from it. Go to the minaret and talk with the Muezzin. Return to the garden.
- Enter the vault. You will find oil lamps situated symmetrically along the walls. Light them with your torch.
- Look around the vault. Notice the cage under the ceiling.
- In a niche on the right you will find a mechanism, with some missing pieces.
- Among the objects in the vault you will find a frame. In another part of the vault you will find a crystal. Return to the niche and place the frame in its place. Once you have done so, put the crystal in the frame.
- After placing the crystal in the frame a ray of light will appear from a crack in the wall. When the ray lands on the wall opposite the entrance, the wall will rotate, revealing a relief underneath.
- Walk up to the monument. Notice the sword under the relief portraying Alexander the great. Try grabbing it.
- Once you turn the sword the cage under the ceiling will move and descend 2 meters.
- Menekot will enter the vault, talk with him. He will tell his bodyguard to kill you. Take out your revolver. Direct it at the ropes holding the cage in the air. Shoot at them to release the cage. If you don’t manage to do this in time, Menekot’s bodyguard will kill you.
- Congratulations! You have completed Chronicles of Mystery: Secret of the Lost Kingdom.