Welcome to the Golden Trails: The New Western Rush Walkthrough!
Saddle up for fun and become a sheriff in Golden Trails: The New Western Rush. Find the culprits behind a bank robbery!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document contains a complete Golden Trails: The New Western Rush game walkthrough featuring annotated screenshots from actual gameplay!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the walkthrough menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Humanic Media, Ltd., and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
- Adventure Mode – The main mode. To start the game click on Play adventure.
- Unlimited Mode – A second Mode of play. It is unlocked after you earn 50,000 points in the main mode.
- Unlimited Mode is a rush mode where you are to race against the clock and to collect all the hidden objects as fast as you can. You can choose any location which was unlocked in the main mode.
- Sheriff’s Badges – From the Sheriff’s Office and on locations contain Sheriff’s badges, 3 or 4 Sheriff’s badges pre location. Collect 150 Sheriff’s badges to unlock the Secret Mission.
- Secret Mission – There are 5 episodes in the game. Secret Mission is a bonus episode. In order to unlock it collect 150 Sheriff’s badges.
- Trophies – All your trophies are located in the Trophy Room. You need to earn at least one trophy to unlock it. You can publish all your trophies to your Awem account.
- Options – In the Options menu you can adjust the following settings: music volume, sound volume, custom cursor and full screen.
- In Unlimited Mode you can choose any location which you completed in the main game and race against the clock. Find all the hidden items as fast as you can! Depending on how much time it took you to complete the location you can win GOLD, SILVER or BRONZE CUPs.
How to Play
- Items to find – Items in the green background are normal items. Items in the brown background can be either inventory tools or evidence; they are hidden behind or inside other items. Tools will go to your Inventory and evidence items will appear in mini-games.
- If the there is an item hidden inside or behind something, this area is highlighted either in yellow or blue. Blue means you need to use a Tool, yellow – no tool is required, just click on it.
Sheriff’s Badges, Stolen Items and Hints
- Sheriff’s Badges – Look for Sheriff’s badges. There are 3 or 4 Sheriff’s badges in each location. Collect 150 Sheriff’s badges to unlock the Secret Mission.
- Stolen Items – Some locations contain stolen items. When you hover your cursor over Stolen items they sparkle.
- Hints – You start the game with 5 hints, but you can earn more by shooting gangsters who pop up in scenes throughout the game.
- Golden Trails: The New Western Rush gives you the possibility to win 72 original trophies. Each trophy is awarded for some achievement. Enter the Trophy Room and hover your cursor over any trophy to read how you can get it.
- This walkthrough reveals all Sheriff’s badges, Stolen items, Inventory tools and their usage, and also all the objects hidden in the locations. Golden Trails: The New Western Rush has 5 different sets of objects to find. In this walkthrough you will find only the main or FIRST SET OF ITEMS. The rest 4 sets would be an additional challenge.
- Items to find are highlighted in WHITE.
- Areas where evidence or tools are hidden are highlighted in YELLOW.
- You may need to find inventory tools in other locations before you can use them in the current location.
- Screenshots below show what tools can be used and where.
- Sheriff’s badges are represented with STARS.
- Stolen items are shown bigger than their actual size in the game.
Episode 1, Bank
Episode 1, Square
Episode 1, Barn
Episode 1, Hotel
Episode 1, Bedroom
- Beginning from Sheriff’s Office, every location contains 3 or 4 Sheriff’s badges.
Episode 1, Sheriff’s Office
Episode 1, Mini Game 1
Episode 1, Mini Game 2
Episode 2, Canyon
Episode 2, Indian Camp
Episode 2, Chief’s Wigwam
Episode 2, Old Watermill
Episode 2, Basement
Episode 2, Brook
Episode 2, Tent
Episode 2, Mini Game 1
Episode 3, Farm
Episode 3, Bandit Camp
Episode 3, Forest
Episode 3, Bridge
Episode 3, Mine Yard
Episode 3, Mine
Episode 3, Mini Game 1
Episode 3, Mini Game 2
Episode 4, Trading Post
Episode 4, Church
Episode 4, Street
Episode 4, Saloon
Episode 4, Boudoir
Episode 4, Forge
Episode 4, Depot
Episode 4, Mini Game 1
Episode 4, Mini Game 2
Episode 5, Train Station
Episode 5, Garden
Episode 5, Mansion
Episode 5, City Square
Episode 5, Jail
Episode 5, City Hall
Episode 5, Mini Game 1
Episode 5, Mini Game 2
- There are neither Stolen items nor Sheriff’s badges in the Secret Mission.
Secret Mission, Mine Yard
Secret Mission, Watchbox
Secret Mission, Railway Construction
Secret Mission, Colonist Settlement
Secret Mission, Farm Basement