Governor of Poker Texas Tycoon Tips & Tricks
Howdy partner, and thanks for stopping by! A few short words about the new Governor of Poker Texas Tycoon.
Description: Multiplayer poker game
The game focuses on poker playing and emphasizes skill. Completing missions, winning hands, busting players and leveling up to unlock new poker saloons, ultimately advancing you through the town of El Paso. Plus, every poker saloon presents you with 4 different achievements to earn, bringing you closer to our biggest question…who is going to make it to the Governor’s Mansion first?! Will it be you?
But wait, there’s more! If that’s not enough action for you, then stick around for the opening of the Black Jack building and the Big Win Events that will allow you a chance to earn the respect of the inhabitants of El Paso (oh, and plenty of chips too).
Good luck partner, you’re in for a real adventure!! Have a technical or billing question? Check out our Governor of Poker Texas Tycoon Help & FAQ article here.
- Need chips: a player with a stack of chips that is relatively small for the stakes being played, usually goes all-in when forced due to the blinds.
- Big stack bully: A player with a large stack for the size of the game who raises frequently to force out more cautious players.
- Blind: forced bets posted by players to the left of the dealer button
- Turn: The turn or “turn card” or “fourth street” is the fourth of five cards dealt by the dealer.
- River: The river or “river card” is the final card dealt
When playing against bots:
- Steamy: a state of anger, mental confusion, or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in poor play and poor performance.
- Tilt: emotional upset, mental confusion, or frustration in which a player adopts a less than optimal strategy, usually resulting in poor play and poor performance.
A = Here you see the amount of Chips and gold you have. Need more gold or chips? Just click the Get chips or Get gold button.
B = You can see your progress here. Your Profile
C = You can see if you have new mission to do here. You can also see if you’ve already completed older missions.
D = Here you can select gifts to send you friends and earn chips for inviting your friends.
E = All the items you own you can find and activate in your inventory. Note; consumables like XP doublers, VIP passes and certain gifts (cigar, straw) will disappear once you’ve used them. Do you want to know how much time there’s left on a certain item? You can check your inventory too.
F = In the shop (F) you can buy decorations like hats, medals for showing off your level, decorations and poker specials.
G = Send a friend invite to your Big Fish Games friends.
In the shop (F) you can buy decorations like hats, medals for showing off your level, decorations and poker specials. Get fancy, dress down, but you sure as hell gotta get ready for the Wild West!
Poker Specials are XP doublers whereby you get double the amount of XP that you would normally earn. You can also buy VIP passes for different time frames where all buildings will be unlocked so you can access all saloons.
Chips: chips are the main currency for playing Poker. Players get a start amount and when leveling up or earning achievements players get chips. And a player of course can win chips when playing poker. And also with the daily reward we give away chips now and then. When a player is out of chips extra chips can be bought.
Gold: gold is a currency whereby the player can do rebuys, buy decorations or medals. In the future it will also be possible to play poker for Gold.
To enter a poker game just click on a saloon which is unlocked. Per saloon there is a different buy in. This is the amount of chips to enter the poker game in that saloon.
Players construct hands of five cards. The player with the highest-ranking hand winning that particular deal. For instance:
Player A: Has a Two Pair of 2,2, and J,J
Player B: Has a Two Pair of 2,2 and Q,Q
Player B will win because of the higher ranking cards. Below you’ll find the different hands you could play.
You can play the following hands:
1. Royal Flush – One suit and cards in sequence from the Ace
2. Straight Flush – One suit with cards in sequence
3. Four of kind – Same rank cards in all suits
4. Full house — Three matching cards of one rank and two matching cards of another rank
5. Flush – All five cards are of the same suit, but not in sequence
6. Straight – That contains five cards of sequential rank in at least two different suits
7. Three of a Kind – Three cards of the same rank
8. Two Pair – Two cards of the same rank + Two cards of another rank
9. Pair - Two cards of the same rank
10. High Card – made of any five cards not meeting any above hands.
A = During the poker game you could always check the available poker hands by clicking this icon.
B = See which ranking position you currently have.
You receive Experience Points when you ‘achieve’ something in the game:
- winning a hand (the amount of XP varies, depending on the hand you win)
- busting other players
- earning achievements
- winning tournaments
XP is very important as it unlocks new poker saloons and new items in the shop like, hats, pins, buttons and outfits. So don’t forget to collect the XP stars during the poker game, every time you’ll receive them.
When a player is out of chips, there is a possibility to do a rebuy to stay in the poker room. When doing so, the player received the number of chips that is required in that poker room. A player can either do a rebuy for him/herself but also other players can do a rebuy for the other players.
In every poker building a player can receive 4 different. It might happen that not all achievements are earned when a new poker building is unlocked. You can always return later to earn the remaining achievements. On top of the poker building, the number of achievements is shown with the card symbols. (A)
Every time you click on a Poker building, you’ll get a pop-up with the building’s 4 achievements. Completed achievements will be highlighted and their symbol colored in, and achievements that have yet to be completed will be faded and uncolored.
Bluffing is the quintessential trick in hold ‘em poker. Of course, the reasoning for a bluff is to deceive the other players into thinking you have a better hand when you actually do not. For a bluff to work, you need the other players to think you actually have that better hand. There are two types of “bluffing” :
- Bluffing – is a bet or raise made in attempt to win a pot despite the fact that you have little or nothing as far as a hand goes. The goal of the bluff is to get the opponent(s) to fold right then. You will lose if they call.
- Semi-Bluffing - is a partial bluff with some truth in the play. A semi-bluff is similar to a bluff in that you bet, check raise or raise but a semi-bluff differs in that it has a couple more ways to win then a bluff does. With a bluff a person can only win if the opponent folds. With a semi-bluff you can either win by them folding right then, by improving to the best hand or by catching a scare card and betting them out on a subsequent round.
You can invite your friends to play Governor of Poker and really play with them. Governor of Poker enables the possibility to sit in the same poker room as your friends. Even when your friend is not at the same level, he/she can join you in the poker saloon (as long as the friend has sufficient Chips for the buy in). You can only invite friends with a Big Fish Games account.
A = To invite your friends.
B = If you know the Big Fish Games username of your friend? Look him or her up
C = Search results
Big win Events are tournaments played in Alamo or the Oil field. these buildings will be open for limited time only, so when you find it – come play!
- Look for the Big Win Event building and click to enter.
Alamo – Big Win Event building
- Check out the required dress code, prize division, and leaderboard (all marked below with arrows). If you don’t meet the dress code (here it’s the white hat), head to the shop to pick up an item that fits the attire!
- Join a game and try to get to the top 10% to take home the grand prize!
Big Win Event –pop up
Governor of Poker Texas Tycoon is the first place on Big Fish where you can take a break from Texas Hold ‘Em to play some good ole’ fashioned Blackjack! You’ll be eligible for Black Jack when you reach level 4. Find the Blackjack building in the game and test your luck! Will you get to 21?