Welcome to The Legend of Crystal Valley Walkthrough!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a roadmap to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
This document starts with general game tips then launches into the complete The Legend of Crystal Valley game walkthrough complete with annotated screenshots from actual game play!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the menu below to quickly jump to whatever part of the game you need help with.
Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Zach H.
GAME WALKTHROUGH MENU
- General Tips
- Game Play Tutorial
- The Magic Forest
- The City
- The Count’s Tower
- The Angels
- The Dragon Cave
- The Swamp
- Be sure to save often, by clicking on the Menu button, and then Save Game from the menu.
- Press the F1 key at any time to bring up a Help window.
- Right click your mouse to send a selected object back to your inventory.
- Investigate everything, and take everything that you can with you. You never know when something might be needed later on.
- The in-game mouse pointer will change color depending on the situation.
- A white cursor means that no actions can be taken where the cursor is resting.
- A yellow cursor means that Eve can walk to where the cursor is currently pointing. Eve can also walk faster by holding down the spacebar as she walks.
- A blue cursor means that Eve will visit a new scene by clicking where the cursor is pointing. Double clicking when the cursor is blue will allow Eve to travel more quickly between areas she’s already visited.
- A green cursor means that Eve can interact with the object or character that the cursor is pointing to.
- A magnifying glass means that what you’re pointing at is important. Try clicking on such items multiple times to get all the information you can.
- When interacting with an object, sometimes you’ll see both an eye and a hand icon. The eye means that you can zoom in on the object, whereas the hand means that Eve can take the object, thus adding it to her inventory.
THE LEGEND OF CRYSTAL VALLEY GAME WALKTHROUGH
GAME PLAY TUTORIAL
- The game begins with a tutorial. Follow along as it teaches you how to play the game.
- Walk to the front of the farmhouse.
- Pick up the bucket.
- Click on your inventory (in the upper right hand corner of your screen), and select the bucket.
- Place the bucket under the pump making sure the cursor is green. Then, click on the pump handle and select the hand icon to use it. Pick up the filled bucket.
- Once you’ve finished up outside, head inside the farmhouse.
- Examine the portrait, the rose, and the slippers.
- Once you’ve finished, go through the door on your left.
- Take note of the large cupboard in the dining room. Click on it with the mouse to approach it.
- Examine the plates and tea cups.
- Examine and then take the knight statue, the bottle, and the hunting knife.
- Once you collected all the items, leave the cupboard, then head back to the hallway and through the door there on the right.
- Upon entering the study, examine the skull and necklace on the left.
- Approach the family painting. Take a look at you at your mother and father, and then try to take the medallion.
- A secret compartment behind the portrait becomes visible. Take the ancient scroll found therein.
- Now, approach the desk.
- Examine the notebook, and I Am Robot novel on the desk.
- Examine and then pick up the moon statue, as well as the box of matches.
- Once you’re done, step away from the desk, and head back outside.
- Once you’re outside, head around to the back of the house to the work shed.
- Before you go in, take the lantern on the right side of the screen, and examine the carriage wheels as well as the pickup truck.
- Head inside the work shed. Note that it is too dark to proceed.
- Open your inventory, and add the bottle of petroleum to the empty lamp.
- Then add the box of matches to the fueled lamp.
- Proceed inside the work shed.
- Examine the blueprints, the blackboard, and the chair.
- Take the devil statue from the left side of the screen, and the flashlight from the right side of the screen.
- Open your inventory, and double-click on the scroll you found to read a poem written on it.
- Approach the closet at the back of the shed. The poem you read is the key to completing this puzzle.
- Click on the statues of the monster, dragon, maiden, and then right click to store each one in your inventory.
- Arrange the statues back in the closet in this order (starting from the top): Moon – top shelf center, Dragon – second shelf left, Maiden – second shelf center, Monster – second shelf right, Knight – third shelf center, Devil – fourth shelf center.
- Step away from the closet, and notice a hole in wall to the left of the closet has opened. Click on it to enter.
- Click towards the back of the screen to move forward.
- Examine the cage, and proceed forward.
- Arriving at a crossroads, take the right path first.
- Click on the cage to approach it.
- Notice a strange creature inside the cage that is still alive.
- Open up your inventory, select the hairpin, and use it to open the cage.
- Examine the newly freed creature.
- Head back to the cave crossroads, and take the left path.
- Once there, examine the rope, switch, and wagon.
- Open your inventory, click on your knife, and then use it to cut the rope.
- Then, activate the switch, and watch the wagon smash through the wall at the back.
- Exit the cave through the new hole, and click forward to enter the crossroads.
- Examine the statue, and then approach the lock. Examine the keyhole. You don’t have the key, so you’ll have to come back later.
- From here you can go right or left down the paths. For now, go down the right path.
- Take a moment to examine the cottage.
- Pick up the fish from the barrel in front of you.
- Talk to Dejan, and then Jozo.
- Head over to the bridge, and examine it.
- After that, talk to Dejan again, and use all conversation options.
- Head back to the crossroads, and go down the left path.
- Take the bell on the left side of the road before leaving the area.
- Speak with Konoba the Butler, and be sure to inquire about his carriage.
- Next, go and speak with Karim.
- Go forward to the main square of the village.
- Approach the statue and examine it.
- Go visit the blacksmith to the left of the statue.
- Examine the rock, and forge.
- Take the blacksmith’s gloves resting on top of the barrel.
- Ask the blacksmith to repair the wheel given to you by Konoba, and be sure to ask him about the creature you saved back in the mines.
- Head over to the tavern next.
- Examine the tavern sign.
- Pick up the bell from the grass on the right side of the screen.
- Speak with Bobo, and give him back the bells you’ve collected so far.
- Speak with Hilge, and continue to talk to her until she gives you her hairpin.
- Enter the tavern and speak to Milan completely.
- Head towards the taproom at the bottom of the screen.
- Examine the trophy and the tapestry.
- Speak with the bartender completely.
- Try and take the sleeping powder, as well as the key on the bar.
- Go back to the blacksmith.
- Speak with the blacksmith, and have him repair the wheel for you.
- Head back to the front of the village, and give the repaired wheel from you inventory back to Konoba.
FRONT OF TAVERN
- Go back to the front of the tavern, and give Bobo the last of the bells you have.
- He tells you the pattern for repairing the music box inside the tavern.
- Head inside the tavern and approach the music box.
- Enter in the sequence shown above in the screenshot.
- The music box will open. Take the music box component with you.
- Visit the blacksmith yet again, and ask him to repair the music box component.
- Give him the component, the hair pin, and the coin.
TAVERN – FIX THE MUSIC BOX
- Select the music box component from your inventory.
- Place it back inside the compartment.
- Go and speak with the bartender, and he’ll give you a beer.
- Select the key on the counter and the bartender will let you take it.
- Speak with Milan, and give him the beer. Then, take the sleeping powder from his table.
- Take the golden key from your inventory, and use it on the lock in the statue at the Crossroads.
- Take the jewel inside the container.
- Head back to the statue, and place the jewel in the eye of the monster.
- Go and speak with Hilge in front of the Tavern. She and the townspeople will repair the bridge.
- Head back to the broken bridge that has now been fixed, and cross into the magic forest.
THE MAGIC FOREST
MAGIC FOREST CROSSROADS
- From the screen just after the bridge, go forward to the forest crossroad.
- Go down the right path first, and see that a large log needs to be removed from the road.
- Go back to the crossroads, and take the left path.
- Before speaking with the giant Burek, combine in your inventory the fish and the sleeping powder.
- Speak with Burek, and use all conversation options. Then, offer him the fish, and he’ll fall asleep.
- Examine, and then take the potion from the giant’s bag on his chest.
- Go back to the crossroads, and double-click on the potion in your bag to drink it.
- A sparkly area at the back of the zone will appear, and will allow you to go the next area.
- Examine the 4 magic staffs around the witch’s hut.
- Speak with the witch, and she’ll ask you to help her retrieve some plants she needs.
- In your inventory, there will be a map that has pictures of the plants you need to find.
- Go back to the forest crossroads, and take the plant on the right side of the screen.
- Go down the right path from the crossroads, and take the plant near the large fallen log.
OUTSIDE THE CRYPT
- Go back to the witch’s hut, and go right past her hut.
- Proceed forward towards the crypt, until you’re blocked by a thorny bush.
- Open your inventory, and select the gloves, and then click on the bushes to remove them.
- Take the plant from the left side of the screen, once you proceed past the thorns.
- Now take the plants back to the witch, and she’ll give you a medallion.
- Continue to speak with her until you’ve exhausted all conversation options.
- Head back to the crypt, and head inside.
- Examine the crypt doors, and the skull on the wall.
- Examine the guardian, and take his metal finger.
- Use the metal finger on the skull on the wall to open the way into the crypt.
- Examine the strange glowing blue lights.
- Walk towards the strange mirror.
- Examine the ceramic jug on the table in front of the mirror.
- Click on the mirror and speak the magic words that the witch taught you – komisakomako.
- The book of sorcery will appear on the table, take it, and head back to the witch’s hut.
BACK TO THE WITCH
- Speak with the witch about the crypt, and she’ll teach you your first magic spell.
- Take a moment to look inside her pot, and make note of what you see.
- Now head back to the mirror room in the crypt, and head to the left.
- Examine the second skull mechanism, and see that it is jammed.
- Open your inventory, and select your magic menu, and then the shrink magic.
- Once you’ve shrunk, head under the small opening in the doorway.
- Double click on the sarcophagus to approach it.
- You need to rotate the gems in the puzzle to match the pattern you saw in the witch’s cauldron.
- The fixed gem in the middle of the sarcophagus matches with the gold orb you saw in the witch’s cauldron.
- Once you’ve opened the door, you’ll be treated to a cutscene.
- Go and speak to the man on the left first.
- Examine the portal and the odd-looking gramophone.
- Speak with Melvis, and use all conversation options.
- He’ll ask you to obtain a crystal for him to fix his weird-looking gramophone.
- Give Melvis his medallion, and he’ll give you the city medallion in exchange.
- Next, speak with the painter.
- Examine the canvas and the paints.
- Pick up the screw to the left of the painter.
- Speak with the painter, and use all conversation options.
- Go speak with the giant now.
- Pick up the screw on the left side of the screen, and then approach the giant.
- Speak with the giant completely, and make sure to give him the two screws you found, and he’ll give you a SAT1123 rock.
- Now approach the portal guardian.
- Speak with the guardian, and show him the medallion.
- He’ll transport you to the city.
- From the main square you can go to the library on the left, or the fountain on the right.
- Head to the library first.
- From here, take notice of the exits to the front square, the street right of the library, and to the library itself.
- Go inside the library.
- Once inside, click on the bottom of the screen to go farther into the library.
- Take not of the broken shelf on the left, and the table in front of you.
- Go forward and speak with the librarian.
- Speak with Ferofka until she gives you a worn out ball.
- She’ll ask you to find her wheel.
- Head to the fountain in the main square.
- Examine the cart and wheel.
- Speak to both Harry and Willy, and exchange the ball for Ferofka’s wheel.
- Head back to the library with the wheel.
- Speak with the librarian, and take the book on the table.
- Head back to the fountain, and “go to the street.”
- Head past the butcher, and down the road from there.
- Once you come across a building with a sign above the door that has a flower on it, go inside.
- Inside the shop, speak with the shopkeeper.
- You learn of his stolen goods, and then give him his book.
- He’ll give you a rose and a Marishka Hladnis.
- Return to the librarian.
LIBRARY – MAGIC ENCYCLOPEDIA
- Tell the librarian that you delivered the book, and she’ll let you look a the magic encyclopedia.
- Finish all conversation options with the librarian.
- Head back one scene, and go towards the broken shelf.
- Speak to the bookworm, and then leave the library.
- Head back to the fountain, and then north to the butcher.
- Speak with Argovth the Butcher.
- Learn that his meat is spoiling, because he has nothing to keep them cool.
- Give him the Marishka Hladnis and he’ll be indebted to you.
- Now head back north, and speak with the musician outside the flower shop to learn a bit more about Issac.
- Head north again out of the city, and along the path.
- Stop when you come up to a broken down car.
- Click on the car and take the broken car part.
- Head to the right of the broken car to the mansion gate.
- Examine the barking dog. He’d let you pass if you had something to give him.
- Head back to the butcher in town, and he’ll give you a bone to give to the dog.
- Go back to the mansion gate, and give the dog the bone from your inventory.
- After giving the dog the bone, head towards the entrance to the villa.
- Before speaking with the maid, take a bottle from the boxes stacked outside.
- Speak with Betty the maid. Learn that she is in love with Omero, and needs your help to win him over.
- Head back towards the library, and take the street north of it.
BETTY AND OMERO
- Speak with Omero and Betty.
- Give Omero the rose, and he’ll ask you to take a letter back to Betty the maid.
- Give Betty the letter, and then head around the back of the villa to the backyard.
- Take a look around, but you can’t do anything here right now.
- Head back to the fountain, and speak with the chariot driver, Petar.
- Ask him to take you to the docks.
- Examine the control panel.
- Speak to one of the fishermen, and give him the bottle.
- Open your inventory and select the broken car part, and then click on the control panel.
- Speak with the fishermen again, and let them know the mechanism is repaired.
- Click on the wagon, and it will take you to the lighthouse dock.
- Speak with Mikhail.
- Notice the Veronika Veronika plant on the dock.
- Head up towards the lighthouse.
- Head inside the lighthouse.
- Take note of the three triangular switches around the light.
- Press the bottom switch once, and it will turn yellow.
- Press the left button once, and the light will turn off.
- Head back down to Mikhail, and tell him what’s happened.
- After he leaves, take the Veronika Veronika plant, and bring it back to the florist in the city.
- Take the seeds the florist gave you, and plant them in the patch of soil behind the villa.
- Click on the beanstalk, and enter the window.
INSIDE THE VILLA
- Go towards the back corner of the room.
- Take the vase.
- Approach the safe.
- Fill the safe with water from the vase.
- Go back to where you came in the room near the beanstalk.
- Take a look at the paper on the desk. It shows a pattern of empty, full, full, empty.
- In order to open the safe, you’ll need to match the pattern on the paper with the tubes of the safe.
- Each lever has a different effect on the water levels. For example, lever 4 raises itself and lowers lever 1. Lever 3 raises itself, and lowers lever 2. Lever 2 raises itself, and lowers lever 4. Lever 1 raises itself, and lowers lever 3.
- Use the following pattern to complete the puzzle: 2, 3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 2.
- Once you open the safe, take the letter and the horn found inside.
- Head back to the city, and ask Petar to drive you to see the Count.
APPROACH THE TOWER
- Walk through the gate, and approach the tower.
- Once you find yourself in front of a large set of doors, open your inventory and double-click on the horn to open them. Enter the tower.
- Walk towards the elevators at the back of the room.
- Enter the first elevator on the left to go to the library.
- Examine the knight’s armor.
- Approach the displayed books.
- Take the piece of paper stick out between two books.
- It will teach you the telekinesis spell.
- Head back down to the main elevator room.
- Open your inventory, and select the magic tab, and then telekinesis.
- Use telekinesis to pull the suspended elevator down to you.
- Use the third elevator.
- Examine the eggs.
- Speak with Vatram.
- He’ll help you with a spell if you take one of his eggs for him.
- Approach the bars near the egg container.
- Click the levers so that they are in the following position: Up, Up, Down, Up.
- Once opened, use your shrink magic on the large egg so that you can carry it.
- Speak to the dragon again, and he’ll teach you the blizzard spell.
- Head back to the main elevator room, and use elevator 2.
- Approach the guardian.
- Open up your magic list, and cast blizzard on him.
- Go through the doors.
- Speak to the Count, learn about your father, the valley, and much more.
- Keep talking with the Count until he casts a spell on you.
- Examine the bed, the cell doors, and the keys to the right.
- Use your telekinesis to bring the keys to you.
- Open the cell, and leave to the right.
JAIL – RIGHT ROOM
- Examine the door, and the broken hatch.
- Take the axe near the door.
- Return to your cell, and go down the left corridor.
JAIL – LEFT ROOM
- Pick up the handle near the left side of the screen.
- Open your inventory and combine the axe head, and the handle.
- Use the axe on the frozen man.
- At the crossroads, go down the left path.
- Go into the left hut.
- Speak with Rales Va completely, and then take the crystal from the table.
- Go, and enter the right hut.
- Take the pink crystal from the table.
- Try and speak with Rales Ka, but he will not.
- Leave his hut, and head down the path to the left.
- Enter the glowing pink hut.
- Examine the desk, strange light, and strange device.
- Take the controller from the table.
- Go into your inventory and combine the controller with the two crystals.
- Approach the device.
- Plug the controller from your inventory into the device.
- Once plugged in, you’ll need to solve the puzzle.
- You’ll notice to large buttons, with several smaller buttons between them.
- The large buttons rotate the device, while the little buttons extend or retract the device’s parts.
- Note the button labels in the screenshot above.
- Press the buttons in this order: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 4, 8.
- Leave the hut and go back to Rales Ka’s hut.
- Speak to him completely.
- Open your inventory, and double-click on your medallion.
THE DRAGON CAVE
- Upon arriving in the cave, walk forward to the crossroads.
- Take the left path.
LEFT PATH – RIGHT CHAMBER
- Once you go down the left path, go down the right chamber from there.
- Approach the safe.
- Cast blizzard on the padlock.
- Open the safe, and take the helmet.
- Go back to the crossroads, and take the right path.
- Take the shield near Misho.
- Speak with either Misho or Mate.
LEFT PATH – LEFT CHAMBER
- Head back to the left path, and down the left chamber.
- Click on the machine.
- Turn the levers marked in the screenshot.
- Use your telekinesis to grab the suit of armor.
- Head back to the right side, and “go deeper into the cave.”
WALL OF FIRE
- Combine the helmet, armor, and shield in your inventory, and then double click on it to equip it.
- Walk through the fire.
- Double-click on your armor in the inventory to take it off.
- Speak with the dragon completely.
- Go past the dragon once you’ve finished speaking with her.
- Walk along the path, noticing the oozing mushroom, until you reach the cabin.
- Take the plant near the water, and the fish hanging on the line near the cabin.
- Go, and speak with Martin.
- Go back and then around the back of the cabin.
- Pick up the large acorn from below the tree.
- Go back along the path, and use the empty acorn to fill it up with ooze from the mushroom.
- Open your inventory and combine the ooze with the plant you picked up in front of the cabin to make glue.
- Go to the dock past the cabin.
- Pick up the coil of rope near the boat.
- Use the glue on the boat.
- Go back and speak with Martin, and he’ll give you a hook.
- Speak with him again near the dock to go out on the boat.
- Click on the right side of the screen to go deeper into the lake.
- Examine the branch, and the monster.
- Open your inventory, and combine the rope with the hook, and then with the fish.
- Take the fishing line and click on the hanging branch.
- Walk along the dock on the other side until you reach an elevator.
- Walk onto the elevator base.
- Use your telekinesis power on the barrels, and place them on the elevator platform to cause it to rise.
- Walk towards the Ziggurat.
BROZZ THE GIANT
- Speak with Brozz.
- Use the shrink magic on Eve to shrink her, and then speak to Brozz again.
- Once inside Brozz’s mouth, go to the back left molar, and remove the bone shard.
- Speak with Brozz again, and he’ll lower a bridge for you to enter the Ziggurat.
- Cast the shrink magic on Eve to cross the bridge.
- Click on the pillars to rotate them.
- Rotate them all so that the green light is on top.
- Step onto the platform.
- Continue along the path until you come to a crossroads.
- Meet Alfred the Butler, and speak with him completely.
- Go down the right path first.
- Examine the broken robot on the table and take his arm and leg.
- Take the torn plans near where Alfred is standing.
- Talk to Alfred.
- Head back to the Ziggurat crossroads, and go north (forward).
- Take the torn plans sitting on the desk on the right.
- Speak with Alfred.
- Examine the bookshelf, the potted plant, and the work desk.
- Head back to the Ziggurat crossroads, and go down the left passage.
THE GREAT ENGINE
- Once again, take the torn plans at the base of the engine.
- Open your inventory and combine the torn plan pieces together.
- Examine everything you can in the room.
- Place the repaired plans in the plan slot of the machine.
- Place the broken arm in the repair slot.
- Then, press the yellow and purple buttons on the left panel to repair the arm.
- Take the arm into your inventory.
- Place the broken leg in the repair slot.
- Press the green and purple buttons to repair the leg, and then pick up the leg.
- Head back to the room with the deactivated robots.
REPAIR THE ROBOT
- Re-attach the robot’s arm and leg.
- Speak with him completely to learn more about your father, mother, and the Valley. He’ll give you a portal key.
- Go back to the library, and through the passage at the back of the room.
- Use the key on the large door you come across.
- In the next room, take note of the left, and right passages, as well as the massive doors at the back.
- Take the left passageway first.
- Take the golden rose from the statue, and then head back to the previous room, and to the right passage.
- Approach the sleeping quarters.
- Take the ring from the ring box on the desk.
- Head back to the massive doors.
- In front of the massive door are three slots. A big one, a medium one, and a small one.
- Place the golden rose in the large slot.
- Place the medallion in the medium slot.
- Place the ring in the small slot.
- Examine the robot playing the organ.
- Step on to the green platform behind the organ.
- On the next level, approach the large triangular puzzle.
- It is a repetition puzzle; simply repeat the pattern that flashes before you.
- Once you complete it, step on the next green platform behind the puzzle.
- Watch the finale.