Do you like playing Match-3, Mahjong, and Word games? Do you hate waiting for your friends to take their turn? Now you can Match-Up instantly against friends and foes from all over the world!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a road map to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the menu below to quickly jump to whatever stage of the game you need help with.
This Tips and Tricks article was created by BrownEyedTigre, and is protected under US Copyright laws. Any unauthorized use, including re-publication in whole or in part, without permission, is strictly prohibited.
- General Tips
- Profile and Facebook
- Bonuses, Chips, and Boosts
- Tips for All Match-Up Games
- Word Rack
- Select the + symbol (1) to view your icons and select the x symbol (2) to hide them.
- Select the star button (3) to track your achievements. Use the arrows to jump to the game of your choice and use the slider to view all the achievements.
- Select the graph button (4) to see your statistics and use the slider screen to change the game selection.
- Select the trophy button (5) to see the top 49 players on the leaderboard. Scroll down to see your standings.
- Select the gear button (6) to access the music and sound effect volume. You may also switch to left-handed mode which places the game boards on the left.
- Use the center slider (7) to choose from one of your three favorite casual games; Word Rack, Qbeez and Mahjong.
- Select the profile button (8) to access your profile.
- You can purchase custom animations (A) that play when you win under your profile tab.
- By linking to your Facebook account (B) you will be able to see which of your Facebook friends are playing.
- You can change your profile name by selecting the name box and editing (C).
- Select the avatar box to change your avatar (D). You can import your own photos from Facebook or your photo library as well as the option to take a photo of yourself
- You can use the ‘Brag’ button (E) to post your wins on Facebook.
- Type your personal message in the box (F) and select share (G).
- You can collect bonuses by logging in daily. The value of the bonuses increase daily up to day 5 (H).
- You can earn extra bonuses by linking your Facebook account.
- You can earn chips by winning games.
- If you are low on chips, there will be a free practice round available in order to build up your chips to play the higher tournaments.
- Select the Chips or Boosts Icon in the lower right of the screen to access the store. Check out all the options in the Chips, Boosts and Sale bin (I) to find your best deal. The deals change frequently.
- By purchasing chips and boosts during ‘Happy Hour’ (J) you can save an additional percentage on your purchases. The percentage varies with each happy hour.
- Select the question mark (K) to get directions for play.
- The higher the initial chips (L) to play, the larger the payout will be for winners.
- All rounds are 30 seconds long unless your opponent gets a perfect score
- When playing a tournament with a single player you will have access to a ‘Spycam’ (M) that allows you to see your opposing player’s board.
- Check the ‘Spycam’ and also compare their point score (N) before using a boost to see if they are trailing behind with no further moves. It will save you a boost.
- A Bingo is a word that uses all the letter tiles.
- The hint button uses a boost to give you the first letter of the bingo word.
- Type any word you can find quickly no matter how small so you can get some points while you are working on getting a larger word. Sometimes you can win with a three letter word.
- After you created your word (O), select the submit button (P).
- The timer (Q) on the bottom will let you know how much time is left on the clock provided your opponents do not all get a perfect.
- Word on the Street, Verb’s the Word and War of the Words are 4 person tournaments. One player is eliminated each round and 1st and 2nd place win chips.
- Spelling Bee is a bracket tournament starting with 16 players. Top 4 win players win chips.
- Alpha Battle is a 2 player game. The first player to win 3 games is the winner. This is a great way to double your money since you have multiple chances to win.
- Before using a boost to shuffle (R); turn the Ipad to shift the pieces and see if you can make pairs.
- Making larger groups (S) can give you leg up against your opponents and even though you may have more Qbeez left on the board than your opponent, you may have more points and win.
- Block Hop, Block and Blue and Block and Roll are 4 person tournaments. One player is eliminated each round and 1st and 2nd place win chips.
- Beat Boxing is a bracket tournament starting with 16 players. Top 4 win players win chips.
- Square Wars is a 2 player game. The first player to win 3 games is the winner. This is the great way to double your money since you have multiple chances to win.
- All tiles must match except the numbered tiles; they do not require matching numbers (T).
- Removing stacked tiles (U) and tiles blocking others should be removed before tiles that are alone.
- Grasshopper Lesson, Grasshopper Graduation and Grasshopper Battle are 4 person tournaments. One player is eliminated each round and 1st and 2nd place win chips.
- Master’s Test is a bracket tournament starting with 16 players. Top 4 win players win chips.
- Disciple’s Doctrine is a 2 player game. The first player to win 3 games is the winner. This is a great way to double your chips since you have multiple chances to win.