Women’s Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey Game Walkthrough
Welcome to the James Patterson’s Women’s Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey Walkthrough!
Whether you use this document as a reference when things get difficult or as a roadmap to get you from beginning to end, we’re pretty sure you’ll find what you’re looking for here.
Beginning with General Tips, this post quickly moves on to complete breakdown of the Women’s Murder Club: A Darker Shade of Grey game – complete with annotated screenshots!
We hope you find this information useful as you play your way through the game. Use the menu below to quickly jump to whatever part of the game you need help with. Remember to visit the Big Fish Games Forums if you find you need more help. Have fun!
This walkthrough was created by Zach H.
GAME WALKTHROUGH MENU
- General Tips
- Investigation 1
- Investigation 2
- Investigation 3
- Investigation 4
- Investigation 5
- Investigation 6
- Investigation 7
- Investigation 8
- Investigation 9
- Investigation 10
- In this game you will play as three different women; Lindsay, Cindy, and Claire. There will be times in each of their separate investigations that you’ll revisit certain scenes.
- Your notebook is one of your best tools in your investigations. It will describe what needs to be done in each investigation, as well as outline any evidence and/or items you need to collect.
- For each investigation, you will be given 5 hints to help you should you get stuck. Also, be aware that unused hints will follow you from investigation to investigation.
- There is no timer in this game.
- The game spans 10 separate investigations.
- Click on sparkly areas in each scene to investigate further.
- Inventory items will be stored in your notebook on the left side of the screen.
- View your Investigation Cards to get updated information on Evidence, Victims, Information, and Suspects, as you play.
- Click on the boys head to examine his tongue.
- Click on the boy’s hand to investigate a discoloration.
- Click on the boy’s shorts. Take the red piece of fiber found there. Click the letters on his shorts to play a mini-game.
- Using the marker and eraser found in your inventory, recreate the damaged letters on his shorts to learn where he came from before his death. They should read “JACKSON MOORE ACADEMY.”
- Click the fuse box on the left side of the screen to play the fuse box mini-game.
- You must switch all fuses on in order to disable the fan.
- Use the following sequence to disable the fan: 1, 2, 4, 3, 1, 6, 5, 8, 4, 3, 1, 5, 1, 5, 8, 1
- Once the fan is disabled, retrieve the scraps of paper from the floor.
- In the barracks, you need to find which bed’s personal effects match the crime scene photos you took earlier.
- To find a potential match, click on a bed, then an item on the bed. Then click on a photo from the crime scene, and click the Item Match button to confirm if you’re correct.
- To complete the scene, click on the fourth bed back on the left side of the screen labeled “Cadet Adams.”
- Click on his pillow to reveal some personal effects. Match his candy to the photograph of his tongue, the pen to his hand, and the shirt to the red fiber.
CRIME SCENE – REVISITED
- Examine the body again by clicking on all the sparkling areas.
- Click on the boy’s head, and examine his neck and mouth.
- Click on the boy’s hand, and examine his fingers and palm.
- Click on the boy’s left knee and also on the rock just above his body.
- Click on his shorts to examine the red fiber.
- Click on the cliff above the boy. You’ll be taken to a scene above. Using the swab in your inventory, take a sample of the blood on the scene.
- Click on the testing equipment at the back of the room on the right.
- Note the scrolling chemical bottles, analysis machine, dropper, and blood sample on the desk.
- Follow the analysis machine’s instructions. Start by adding the blood sample to the machine.
- The machine will ask for samples of the various chemicals on the desk. When asked, retrieve the matching bottle, and dispense the correct amount of drops from the bottle into the analysis machine. The bottles asked for may be random.
- Run the test a second time, again, following the instructions of the analysis machine.
- In this mini-game, you will be asking questions of the other cadets at the school.
- Each time you ask a question from the bottom, look for the person who shifts or moves a bit, and then click on them.
- Repeat this process until all questions have been asked and answered.
FORT SCOTT SPORTS FIELD
- When a ball appears in the middle of the screen, click the arrow to sort the ball into its proper place.
- Footballs go to the right, soccer balls to the top, and basketballs to the left.
- Sort the balls quickly, or they will disappear, and be replaced with new ones.
- Once a “bloody ball” appears, click the down area to take it.
- First, you must place each flower in front of its corresponding gravestone.
- Note that each name on the gravestones contains a hint for the name of each flower, albeit jumbled up (i.e. Jose and Maude Sores = Roses).
- After arranging the flowers, a cell phone will be placed on the front left gravestone. Pick it up, and examine the on button and the label below the screen.
- Find all the envelopes strewn across the police station.
FARALLONES MARINE SANCTUARY
- You need to find the tape labeled “July 12, 2009.” However, the tapes are not labeled by date.
- Find the tape “G-1200-79-Alpha” on the shelf (location may be random). G is the seventh letter in the alphabet, which corresponds to July, the seventh month of the year, and the 1200 matches with the 12th day of the month in question.
- Change the timestamp at the bottom right of the monitor to read 6:25, and then press play.
- After the initial viewing, press the zoom button to zoom in on the sweater of the hooded runner. After that, press the print button.
- Click on all the sparkly areas in the scene.
- Find the 12 pieces of fax paper around the office. Once found, click on the sparkly paper pile on the desk.
- Next, arrange the 12 pieces of paper into their correct order to read the fax.
CRIME SCENE – DECEASED GIRL
- Click on all the sparkly areas.
- Click on the body, and examine the sparkly areas thereon. Take note of the pepper spray.
- Click on the balcony at the top of the screen to investigate.
- Click on Cadet Lydell when you’re ready to question him.
- Find and click on all the seedpods (10) as well as the leaves (21).
- After that, click on the purple spot on the floor.
- Speak with Lydell and try to distract him.
- Place the bowling ball on the wooden plank with a toy tank on it in the lower left hand corner of the screen. Once Lydell is gone, use your sample kit from your inventory to take a sample of the purple spot.
- As before, follow the instructions of the analysis machine to complete the scene (requirements may be random).
- Locate the pile of objects to the left of the staircase.
- Put each object from the pile into its proper place in the scene.
- After that, inspect the sparkling trunk. Locate the 5 pieces of the key hidden on the trunk’s top.
- Once the key is fixed, open the trunk and take the chloroform.
- Click on the bird’s nest in the window.
- Once you’re viewing the nest, retrieve the 21 blue bits of paper.
- Once you have collected all the pieces, you’ll need to put the pieces of the letter together. Click on a piece of paper in your inventory to bring it into the screen, and use the right mouse button to rotate pieces when necessary.
- Once you’re in the locker room, click on the sparkling lockers at the back. The boys will begin filing in.
- Clicking on each boy will give you clues to which lockers you can eliminate.
- Click on lockers you know to be wrong to add a red ’X’ to them, and to remove them from the list of possibilities.
- You’ll have the puzzle once only locker 21 remains. Once it’s sparkling, open it and examine its contents.
- Click on all the sparkling areas in the scene.
- Clicking on the small box on the desk will begin a mini-game.
- The goal is to move the pieces around the piece with Becky’s name on it so that it can be moved down one space.
- The surrounding pieces can be moved left and right, up and down. Becky’s name can only be moved down. Click and drag a piece to move it.
- Click on the red button when available, and examine the box’s contents.
- Recover the 25 microfiche rolls in the scene.
- Arrange the microfiche on the shelf in the order seen in the screenshot. Each row moves from left to right, lightest to darkest.
- Once completed, enter “Jackson-Moore Academy” into the computer.
- You will be asked to put the correct piece of microfiche into the machine next to the computer. Take any pieces of microfiche that are highlighted on the shelves, and put them through the machine one at a time.
- Once you’ve done that, you’ll be prompted to do a search on General Hogenback. Search for him in the computer, and load the appropriate microfiche as you did before.
BLUE BAYOU BAR
- Examine the sparkling game machine on the bar.
- The goal of the game is to match 5 baby ducks with 5 farmers. There is one pair per board.
- To find them, flip lily pads. You can remove lily pads from the board by matching like pairs.
- Be quick! There is a snake that gobbles up lily pads, and you’ll have to start over if he eats the one with the baby duck on it.
- Click on the sparkling piece of paper on the bench.
- Click on the intercom by the door, press the button, and learn you need new batteries.
- Locate the screwdriver, roll of tape, two green batteries, and the wrench in the scene.
- Click on the intercom to repair it. Use the screwdriver to open the face plate. Set the batteries in place and tape them down. Use the wrench to connect the loosened wire. Then use the intercom to call Reynolds.
- Find the 20 cards throughout the scene.
- Read a note from Becky that has been slipped through the mail slot.
- Click on the desk to lay out your case for the sheriff.
- Place the evidence file in the top left corner, the letter from Becky in the top right, the chloroform bottle in the bottom left, the cell phone at bottom middle, and the photograph in the bottom right corner.
- Using the machine on the left, collect cadets’ laundry in the corresponding bins on the right.
- Press the red lever, and note the number on the digital readout. Grab the corresponding bin and hold it under the shoot.
- Once you collect the laundry, place it back on the shelf. Continue catching the laundry until you are done.
- Maneuver Cindy to room 22.
- To move forward, click ahead of her; click right to go right, left to go left, and behind her to go back.
- Don’t let the guard see you, or you’ll have to start over.
- Room numbers will light up as you pass by their doors. Use them as guides.
- Investigate the sparkly areas of the room.
- Open the window, and use the pea shooter to clear away 12 leaves.
- Once cleared, climb the trellis from the bottom left to bottom right, by clicking on the spaces you’ve cleared.
- You can’t jump empty spaces; you have to make one continuous path (see screenshot).
- Pick up the coffee pot, and fill the 9 cups around the room.
- Hold down the left mouse button over a cup until it is completely full.
- Click on the glowing batter bowl as someone runs by the front door and tosses something in.
- Click on the whisk to stir the bowl, clicking on items as they come to the surface (not the eggs). Once you’ve finished, a piece of paper will float to the top.
- Start by clicking the board on the left side of the screen.
- Using the letters at the bottom of the screen, fill in the blanks of the names on the board; pieces will lock in place when correct.
- When finished, click on the sparkling frame to the right of the board.
- Find the shredded fax pieces (12) as you did previously, and then reconstruct the letter.
- Click on all sparkling items.
- Click on all sparkling items.
- Decipher the note from Becky to Winston by experimenting placing the letters from the bottom of the screen in place on the line above. Once a letter is in the correct place, it will lock. TIP: Read the highlighted text in the book on how deciphers work.
- The key is as follows: winstoabcdefghjklmpqruvxyz
TEACHERS’ STAFF ROOM
- Click on the crumpled note by the trash can.
- Click on the sparkling clipboard on the left side of the screen.
- Note the coffee stain removal instructions on the whiteboard at the back of the room.
- Take the baking soda and sugar cubes, and place them in the sparkling bowl.
- Take the coin from the chair, use it in the vending machine, and pour the tonic water into the bowl.
- Dip the rag into the bowl, and proceed to click on the note to remove the coffee stains.
- Note that occasionally you’ll have to re-wet the rag if it dries out.
MR. REYNOLD’S ROOM
- Click on the fireplace.
- Click the photo on the coffee table to compare it with the still frame from earlier.
- Click “No Match.”
- Click the photograph on the desk.
- Click the hooded sweatshirt on the coat rack.
- Retrieve the 25 rolls of microfiche.
- Click on the computer. Note the sticky note that says, “Hint: Bullseye!”
- Arrange the microfiche in the shelf so that it makes a pattern: a red dot at the center with a purple circle around it, and an orange circle around that.
- Place the four black pieces in their respective corners.
- Pieces will lock into place when they are correct.
- When prompted to search the computer, type in the following words, one in each field: JOHN REYNOLDS, JACKSON MOORE.
- Load the highlighted microfiche into the player to read it.
BLUE BAYOU BAR
- Play the game machine on the bar again. Remember, if the crocodile eats the baby duck, you’ll have to start over.
LIEUTENANT COLONEL BURNS’ OFFICE
- Place your evidence on the table before Lt. Col. Burns.
- Place the hooded sweater in the bottom right corner, the note to Becky in the bottom left, the newspaper clipping in the top left, the encoded message in the top right, and the magazine in the middle.
- When presented with a list of names, click on the following: Leroy Hopper, Anthony Weston, Rudy Wannamaker, and Andrew Pierce.
- Pick up the bottle of bug spray, and use it on any bugs you see on the bookshelf.
- Repeat this process for 5 rounds.
- When you finish, pick up the Morse code book.
- Find the 16 plastic letters scattered around the cafÉ.
- When you’re finished click on the whiteboard behind the counter.
- Arrange the plastic letters on the board to read, “WHAT DID BECKY SAY?”
- Click on two letters to swap them.
- When the Morse code book opens, click on the letters in the book to match the letters on the board and a Morse code message.
- Clip on the clipboard to begin communicating to the students in Morse code.
- Pick up the pencil.
- Click your mouse cursor to sound a “dot,” and drag a short horizontal line with your mouse to make a “line.”
- If you make a mistake, you’ll have to restart the sequence again.
- Once you finish asking, “WHAT DID BECKY SAY,” the student will respond to you in Morse code. Use the book to decipher his message. The message is, “HOGENBACK ASSASSINATION.”
- Click the ripped pink note on the wall left of the door.
- Find the 13 pink pieces of paper scattered around.
- Investigate the alarm and learn you don’t know the password.
- Reconstruct the pink note with the pieces you’ve found.
- Right-click on pieces to rotate them in place; pieces will lock when placed correctly.
LAUNDRY MACHINE ROOM
- Click on the bulleting at the back of the room.
- Collect 30 laundry tokens scattered around the room.
- Quickly, use a token in each machine in order to get them all running at once.
- Click on the alarm at the back of the room to learn it’s been disabled.
LT. COL. BURNS’ OFFICE
- Click on the bag when it appears to add your items to the inventory.
- Use the credit card to open the window, giving you access to the office.
- Click on Burns’ desk to examine it. Note the hidden compartment on the left side of the desk.
- Note the decorative blocks just above the compartment. Click the one with the dot in the middle to remove it.
- Continue clicking to move each square one space to the left, which will reveal a hole in the desk.
- Take the small tool next to the plant on his desk and place it in the hole to open the drawer. Examine its contents.
- Maneuver Lindsay as you did before to get her to room 23 without being detected. Note that you need to avoid Lydell as he’ll quickly move through the scene.
- Once you get to room 23, you’ll need to backtrack to room 50. Keep track of the guard that appears.
- Investigate Lydell’s trophy case and the computer in his room to learn of his plans.
- Head back to room 23 to watch the ending unfold.
THE END! CONGRATULATIONS!