Self Aware Games creates free-to-play games that connect people all over the world and across platforms! Our Big Fish Casino franchise tops the charts among mobile social casino games, and we keep the party going with mini-games, in-game events, and other social hits!
We are looking for a Lead Quality Assurance Tester to join our team. You will be a key member of our studio - ensuring quality on our live games and important projects. You’ll lead important QA projects, and collaborate with the rest of the studio to achieve results and deliver a great experience to our players. If you’re passionate about product quality and raising the level of execution at your studio, then this is the right place for you!
- Lead testing efforts and quality sign-off on releases and long-term projects
- Ability to perform hands on testing
- Dive into complex new features in collaboration with other stakeholders to define test plans, ensure we are building them with an eye to quality, and identify the tools we need to effectively test them
- Create and maintain test cases, test plans, and documentation for project. Experience with a test case repository such as Test Rail is a plus.
- Responsible and accountable for final signoff for game/server releases, updates, and promotions
- Subject matter expert on game client-server interactions, network emulation, and related testing approaches
- Investigate, define, and train team on best practices for grey-box and tool-assisted testing
- Work with QA Leadership to evaluate and enhance QA standards, technologies and approaches
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- 4+ years game testing experience
- Understanding of test plan life cycle including test plan reviews
- Ability to create and maintain test plans in a test repository tool
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities
- Understanding of Agile Development methodology and release processes
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Inquisitive mindset with a passion for casual/mobile gaming
HAVE THESE? YOU HAVE OUR ATTENTION!
- Experience with network testing, advanced client/server interaction
- Coding experience with automated testing frameworks, tools, services, and physical devices
- Experience with social/mobile app game testing
- Experience with “Free-to-play” game mechanics and processes, particularly consistent game updating processes
- Experience managing a “game as a service” and associated live operations
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Get in on the Fun and Games!
This role is not eligible for any company sponsored immigration visas.