COME PLAY!Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
We’re seeking a Contract Senior Game Designer with a successful track record in designing Free-to-Play mobile games with an emphasis on mid-core gameplay. In this position, you own aspects of the design efforts for a project with a constantly evolving live game service. Being a game designer in a highly successful studio, the candidate must demonstrate an ability to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously and have exemplary communication skills.
- Be a game designer on a highly successful Studios game and work with a team to take it to the next level of success
- Review current design and help to define and collaboratively develop new game design and tune elements informed by key metrics from game data analysts, product manager, user testing, production, artists and engineers
- Work in a highly iterative environment where you will design, release, test and change games based on ever changing data and player behavior through both qualitative and quantitate data
- You should have a background in game design, and be able to create fun game mechanics that drive real social engagement
- Effectively articulate the vision of your designs and levels to team members, support teams, and management. Thoughtfully evaluate all feedback to incorporate or refute relevant ideas with sound reasoning/data
- Collaborate with the team to design, implement, balance, and tune the game experience
- Propose and create fun, innovative game ideas and designs targeted at the mid-core F2P gamer audience
- Create the best-in-class game in this genre. A successful candidate will have a deep passion for games and an innate desire to always learn
Skills, experience and educational requirements:
- 5+ years of professional game design experience
- At least 3 years combined experience on a successfully shipped title in more than one of the following areas on mobile and canvas environments:
- F2P game design
- Mid-core game design
- Live services support
- Mobile game design
- Demonstrable expertise at solving problems through collaboration, consensus, and prioritization
- Excellent communication skills; ability to be proactive and assertive in a diplomatic manner
- A passion for all things F2P with a balanced passion for long term fun and engaging mechanics
- Intuitive grasp of appealing interaction design and social dynamics is also desired
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required
Come be the next Big Fish in the Pond!