Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The NOC Manager will manage a local NOC team as part of a global 24x7 team supporting Big Fish Games IT infrastructure and applications. This person will be responsible for mentoring team members, setting team objectives, enforcing and refining NOC standard operating procedures, working with other teams in operations and engineering to address and resolve production issues.
- Manage local NOC team capable of supporting mission critical 24x7 IT infrastructure and applications
- Enforce standard processes and procedures for NOC incident response and escalation
- Provide incident response management from start to finish for BigFish infrastructure
- Manage local NOC team schedule ensuring 24x7 coverage
- Work closely with other operations and engineering teams to resolve production issues
- Provide regular reports on key operating metrics including system availability, uptime, and service impacting incidents
- Collaborate with other operations teams to carry out regular system, application and hardware maintenance.
- Create “Standard Operating Procedure” guides for NOC team common tasks. Create training and education program for NOC team members
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Excellent leadership skills
- 5+ years experience operational experience supporting a 24x7 UNIX/Linux production datacenter
- 5+ years experience management in IT field
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-starter, focused, and motivated
- Scripting automation experience with shell, perl, or python
- Familiarity with UNIX/Linux based monitoring tools such as Nagios and Graphite would be an advantage
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!