Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalog of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
The Sr. Creative Strategist will be responsible for leading creative strategy, creating and managing content and collaborating with game teams and team leads on brand standards & voice for channels owned by Organic Marketing team, including the Big Fish Blog and social channels. You will interface as a liaison between studios and the Organic Marketing Team to ensure integration, consistency and effectiveness of content across each medium, as well as offer strategic input for campaign execution.
- Responsible for leading creative direction on marketing initiatives from developing an ongoing strategy, to ideation, creation, and editing content for distribution channels driven by the Organic Marketing team.
- Develop a deep understanding of short-term and long-term marketing targets for each supported game and be able to apply a creative strategy for individual games and channels.
- Create the image and look for the Big Fish Blog, managing copy and video direction.
- Create and Manage content for online channels and social media platforms to increase traffic, engagement and retention for our titles.
- Analyze website traffic and user engagement metrics to optimize creative assets
- Coordinate with Marketing team to build and adjust strategy based on ongoing metrics reporting
- Ensure creative content is integrated into all other aspects of social media channels. This role requires a brand publisher mindset: create the content our users are looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion or engagement across distribution channels. Content must be tailored to the various approaches we have depending on the channel.
- Lead cross-departmental collaboration to develop and deliver an effective content marketing strategy and to meet business objectives by determining where content can help solve problems and provide value
REQUIRED ABILITIES, ACHIEVEMENTS, AND XP
- Passion for games required; experience in games industry preferred
- Exceptional creative marketing portfolio
- Hands on experience with Illustrator/Photoshop/Adobe creative Suite
- Excellent storytelling, facilitation and communication skills
- Track record of developing strategically grounded creative applied to a variety of marketing channels
- Experience creating content not just for conversion but also for engagement and community building.
- Proven ability to create and execute a strategic content plan and measure ROI against business objectives
- Experience with website content management systems; program knowledge of Google analytics, social channels; expert proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite (Google docs) preferred
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Self-sufficient, enthusiastic attitude that thrives as an individual contributor to a collaborative team
- Experience managing several products at different stages in their lifecycle, including experience launching new products and building audience.
- A seasoned professional with extensive experience in media content development and process management. A strong knowledge and history in the following areas: media planning/digital strategy, media creative creation, user-centered creative thinking, digital marketing, and an understanding of all things emerging tech and media