Since its founding in 2002, Big Fish has been the world’s largest producer and distributor of casual games, with titles which continuously land us at the top of app store charts. Today, we’re bounding into the mid-core space, exploring new and exciting forms of gameplay, and producing more fun than ever! Big Fish is home to six individual studios, each with its own unique style of game-play. Together, we’re united under a common goal: to produce and develop the very best in mobile gaming, and bring fun and entertainment to our millions of customers across the globe!
Tired of playing the wrong kinds of “games”? Join the Pond!
The Corporate IT Systems Administrator I is responsible for all aspects of backend systems administration for the Big Fish Games, including servers, applications, and databases. This includes implementation, configuration, coordination, control, maintenance, troubleshooting, security, usage monitoring and the development of specialized system procedures within the company.
- Support development and back office server infrastructure
- Perform server system administration functions with oversight
- Engage in hardware and software life-cycle management tasks
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Learn IT policies and procedures
- Enhance IT documentation
- Expand knowledge of server and software technology
- Tier-3 support for help desk staff
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Customer-focused mindset
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to balance competing priorities
- Windows and Mac Workstation troubleshooting experience
- Windows Server OS and UNIX/Linux administration experience
- Windows Enterprise environment experience
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
- Ability to learn new skills quickly with minimal guidance
- Self-starter able to work with minimal supervision
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Requires 4 years of IT experience, or 2 years and a Bachelor’s degree
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Active Directory
- Solid understanding of networking as it applies to Microsoft technologies and architecture
- Solid understanding of Office 365 and its interaction with other email systems
- Solid understanding of automating administration tasks via Powershell, VB, etc.
- Solid understanding of security as it applies to Microsoft technologies
- Casper Experience
Following experience would be a plus
- Deploying and operating virtual infrastructure (VMware ESXi preferred)
- iBuild experience
- Jenkins experience
- EMC SAN and software (VNX, VPLEX, XtremIO, ViPR, SRM)
- Cisco UCS hardware
Want to discover more about life at Big Fish? Check us out on TheMuse.com!
Be the next Big Fish in the Pond!