Founded in 2002, Big Fish is the world's largest producer and distributor of casual games, delivering fun to millions of people around the world. Through its mobile and online distribution platforms, Big Fish has distributed more than 2.5 billion games to customers in 150 countries from a growing catalogue of 500+ unique mobile games and 3,500+ unique PC games. After successfully transitioning from a PC-centric to a mobile-centric company, Big Fish has emerged as a top grossing mobile publisher worldwide with a portfolio that includes the #1 mobile social casino game, Big Fish Casino. The company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Churchill Downs Incorporated and is headquartered in Seattle, WA, with regional offices in Oakland, CA, and Luxembourg.
Developer Relations is a specialized unit within the organization that executes on company strategy to the benefit of numerous internal business units. The team is well versed in business development and sales, large-scale relationship management with partners from a wide range of backgrounds and cultures, with technology expertise and industry knowledge, and an aptitude for talent assessment and expertise in legal contract negotiations.
- Conducts PC game submission evaluations only, providing clear and concise feedback on how to improve games for the organization’s audience, and works with the Developer Relations Content Coordinator to process standard distribution agreements following acceptance of games.
- Manages low risk Tier 3 developer partners: o Ensuring service levels are met per contracts.
o Understanding when to escalate non-compliance.
o Reviewing new PC game submissions and providing timely feedback.
o Communicates effectively with developers on game release dates, adjustments to the schedule, promotional materials, and other rudimentary services related to their game’s distribution to maintain high level partner satisfaction.
- Assists in the processing of new games through internal systems and teams, including quality assurance, marketing and release.
- Coordinates with cross-functional teams to ensure proper product asset delivery and overcome any game-related issues uncovered throughout the distribution process.
- Collaborates with legal to create standard distribution, survey, termination or other agreements and addenda.
- Coordinates with support team, when applicable, to deliver distribution agreements, tax, game release instructions and other pertinent documentation to developer partners.
- Communicates terms and conditions with developer partners, answering contract specific questions with supervisor oversight.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to review game fit for the organizations PC audience and articulate best practices to new and existing developers.
- Can to speak to some of the organizations history, competencies and services.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Rudimentary understanding of distribution contracts and the terms and conditions within, as well as other basic developer partner facing documentation.
- Capable of communicating basic terms out to new developer partners and speaking to their purpose and meaning clearly and effectively.
- Excellent time management and ability to prioritize multiple tasks accordingly.
- Some travel experience and an understanding and appreciation of different customs and cultures around the world.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 1-3 years in account or project management, sales or business development role.
- Some experience playing PC and F2P mobile games.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.