Cruise Clues: Caribbean Adventure
Repetitive and Pointless
This is the first and only game I have ever quit. I only paid 2.99 for it, so it wasn't much of a loss. Still, not a good game.
1. Scenes are repetitive - you go the same places - the cabin, the dock, the atrium, the pool, over and over.
2. Story is repetitive - How many times can you hear "Oh no. the King of Diamonds was in my cabin again." - It happened at least 4 before I quit playing. She's supposed to be an FBI agent, but a thief has regular access to her cabin? Basically she gets a clue, she goes there, he's been there, she finds the jewels somewhere else. Put that on an unending loop and you get this game.
3. Technical Difficulties - many of the objects are small and indistinct. It is easier to just click around (even with the annoying penalty cursor swirls) that try to see and click items.
4. Technical Difficulties - sometimes items don't pick up - even when you click because they are small or a graphic crowds them out.
5. NO SKIP - there aren't many mini-games but the few that exist don't have a skip feature so its solve it or get stuck there. The games are that hard - but boring and you have to see them to the end.
It just was more like a job than a game. There are too many good games out there to waste time on this one.
January 17, 2012
I bought this, thankfully, for $2.99 because I would have been very ticked off if I had paid full price. A six year old could do 90% of this game, but the subject matter wouldn't have been appropiate. The puzzles were very easy, the hidden object were too easy to find. All together a very inferior game.
January 9, 2012
I liked the premise of this game, so I gave it a try. Boy am I glad I didn't actually buy it! The visual layout of the hidden object screens is poor. A challenge is one thing, but many sections of the screens are so dark that it's impossible to see what objects are supposed to be hidden. Also, large expanses of the screen are blank while objects are squished into small, dark areas.
The storyline is practically nonexistent, and the cursor is sluggish in responding. Not pleased with the game and will be finding something else.
August 15, 2013