Nightmare on the Pacific
No hint button no buy
I like hint buttons when needed and not going to the walk-thru. Short
November 21, 2012
I liked it, but it was over so quickly, and the ending was very unsatisfying.
January 18, 2012
Way out of date I think
I only played about 15 minutes of this before I knew I didn't like it. After playing all the other sophisticated games with great story lines, crisp graphics and realistic story lines, I just couldn't get into this game. It just seemed like a very old...maybe one of the first out there??.....HO games. Some may like it...it got some good ratings, but I just didn't like it. You'll have to make the call for yourself I guess....just putting my 2 cents in.
November 3, 2012
there's no helps you don't no where to go what to do I didn't like this game i didn't even finish the hour
September 8, 2012
I buy and play alot of HO games that one is terrible. Glad I only paid 2.99
January 12, 2012
confused about these reviews
I read the reviews on this game then downloaded it.Did not play it for a few days.When I finally did I was interested in the game.The eerie creeking sounds and loud noises were so real sounding(I turned the volume on high to get full effect) that I felt like I was on the ship. The thing(s) that I did not like were the small items in the HOS scenes and the lack of communication I received from the game.Explanation: I did not have or see a hint button or one to skip. I thought that the magnifing glasses in HOS were the hint buttons,I clicked on them but nothing happened,other than that I HAD NO HINTS OR SKIPS. I liked the storyline,sounds were great,beginning was amazing,but I needed more help with this one.Next time (if you make this game with part 2) please make it with help,skip,buttons for eveyone and with more clear instruction on what to do. I felt terrible, I had one hour to play and could not help/rescue anyone.
March 16, 2013
HOG in a Hurricane
My review is based on the completed game. I'd recommend this game for beginners or people new to HOGs, but I would not recommend it for more experienced and advanced gamers.
The storyline, as far as HOGs go, was unique. It was a bit of a relief from the dark story lines we so often encounter (although I do love them). The graphics are good in some areas, but in others look quite distorted and don't quite "fit" with the rest of the environment. The voice acting is good in some areas, but falls short in others. But...
- HOG scenes are simply huge junk piles, which admittedly is reasonable for the theme of the game, but nonetheless no creativity had gone into this area of development. For example:
- Items in HOG scenes are often reused in subsequent HOG scenes. And not just items listed to find, but items that you had to previously find and other random items in the HOG scene reappear throughout the game. Of the many examples, there are: (spilt) pills, gloves, shaver, spoon, toaster, saw blade, tea bag, and many spyglasses.
- Some HOG items are hidden quite well, but hidden TOO well. There are dark scenes / areas to most HOG scenes, and items are often disproportionate to the rest of the items in view (i.e. a telescope was nearly the same size as a brush).
- Some items have no further description (e.g. type of brush, and a "cone" was actually a pinecone).
- Unrealistic tasks. Why can't a woman who can climb a rope from the bottom floor of an elevator shaft to the top floor and pull up her own weight not be able to pull out her own child "stuck" in a pool. And how does one become stuck in a pool anyway?
Bottom line? The game is only good as a daily deal. The HOG scenes spoilt the game for me. The game was too short, and had a pretty predictable and poor ending.
Beginners, have at it. Intermediate or experienced players avoid this one.
November 27, 2012
Pretty good game, not for me
This is based on the demo only. I managed about 40 minutes of it before stepping out.
Pros: Terrific graphics and sound effects
Ambience feels just like a sinking ocean liner. Good enough to create the kind of anxiety and fear one would experience on a sinking ship.
Cons: Ambience feels just like a sinking ocean liner. My stress and fear levels were very high from trying to navigate this game. So I decided to stop.
HOS are too difficult and too distracting. I like my HOs to flow right along, and some objects I couldn't find even with the hint.
Neutral: Navigation is difficult, but I think that goes with the theme of the game.
I recommend the game, but not if you're afraid of the water, tight spaces or death in general.
November 23, 2012
This is an interesting game that is unlike most BFG games in its presentation. As others have pointed out, it's almost like watching a movie albeit with cartoon characters, and the story is pretty good. The HOS are awful! Little, bitty objects that are well hidden and disguised. There is a map showing where action is needed, but it's not IA. There aren't any hints during gameplay, just a list of tasks with pictures showing where they are. I wanted to like this game, especially since it was on sale, but it wasn't any fun for me at any price.
November 21, 2012
Hard to Follow Without Walkthrough
The storyline is interesting. The Hidden Object Scenes are easy to play. There are a few mini games but fewer than most HOG's. The trouble with this game is that it's not that intuitive to play. There is no way I could have completed it without following the walkthrough.
January 13, 2012