Charlaine Harris: Dying for Daylight
Tried it, didn't buy it
I'm not into vampire stories, but I decided to try it on the strength of the reviews. I agree about the fun factor. The character and her comments are amusing and there are a lot of different things to do. At times it was unclear as to what to do next but the map is helpful. I only played the trial and didn't get very far, so I can't comment on the ending. Althought the style of graphics fits the type of story, I found the HOS hard on the eyes; hidden objects were often very small and hard to make out. I can see that the game would be fun, but that alone took away the enjoyment for me. It's not a buy for me but I'll give it a qualifying recommendation for those who like vampires and can tolerate the graphics.
August 4, 2012
Try it before you buy it.. Not a game for all
This isn't a bad game, it just didn't work for me. The H0 scenes were good and had some interactive elements, the puzzles were okay as well. The music really annoyed me and some of the voice acting was not great, though the voice for the main character was good. I liked the artwork.. I just didn't care for the game and wish I had done the trial version before picking it up. Everyone had raved so much about this that I figured I couldn't go wrong especially since vampire stories can be fun.
- Artwork, quirky and interesting
- Overall game play
- Very short game
- Unsatisfying ending, especially since I was only continuing to play the game in order to see how the story turned out. This is only part one of a series
- Didn't care for the way the game was separated into chapters with recaps like a TV episode
- Dialogue became annoying and I started skipping through it because it just didn't entertain me (I do like humorous games, but this one just didn't work for me).
- Lack of back story to help understand the world, it seemed like you had to be a fan of the author to really "get" the world.
I recommend trying the trial version first to ensure you like it before purchasing. I only finished the game because I had paid for it and it was not frustrating to play. I was just not into the characters, the music or the game. I don't think this is a bad game; it's just not a game for me.
September 4, 2012
The game's not finished
Just be aware you're only buying the first part.
November 24, 2012
Why are we waiting?
Well over a year has gone by and still no part 2 for this otherwise excellent game.
Would have given this five stars and a recommend but for that.
January 22, 2013
Oh, That Annoying Voice!
Sorry, I tried, but I couldn't get past the main character's annoying Valley-Girl voice and deleted the game after about 30 minutes. Graphics were fine, although a bit dark. This one just wasn't for me due to the ear-grating vocals.
January 9, 2013