Love Chronicles: The Sword and The Rose
Not very challenging
Nice graphics, but I found most of the challenges too easy and I played the difficult level. One of them was solved with a single click. Game was okay. At least I got it on sale.
September 9, 2012
Who am I and what am I doing here?
I was not a big fan of the first installment of this series, but I demoed them at the same time and purchased them together, so by the time I finished the first game, I was stuck with this one. It is better than the first one but is not that great, either. As another reviewer commented, there is no love story here, so it should not be called "Love Chronicles." The story is a perfunctory fairytale that is not very engaging and gets more and more dull as the game progresses. As the title of my review indicates, I began to lose track of who my character was and why I should care about rescuing anybody. I did not like the mini games; I found them illogical and tedious, and I usually skipped them. The HO scenes were okay. I liked the graphics and the music, but not enough to wholeheartedly recommend this game. I was glad when it was over.
October 8, 2012
"LOVE" Chronicles: No Romance Here
Wow, did I ever get taken in by the title of this game. There was no love interest or romantic storyline whatsoever, so I have no idea why it's called "Love" Chronicles. It's just a poorly developed fairy tale that just got worse as the story progressed.
* Characters have no substance or personality, so I found myself not caring what happened to them.
* You get a quick overall description of the basic story and then you just start solving tasks.
* Dialogue is poorly written. I got the feeling I was reading some middle schooler's English composition.
* No voiceovers, which added to the tedium.
* There were a lot of minigames which was great, but I skipped half of them because instructions were vague.
* Graphics were okay, but nothing outstanding.
* Gamplay was fairly linear -- you really couldn't get lost. And the hint button quickly recharged so I didn't have to think much if I didn't want to.
* It's not the worst game I've ever played, but I'm thankful I paid only $2.99 for it.
September 5, 2012