Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates
One of my favorites!
I love the Robinson Crusoe games. The illustrations are gorgeous, and the puzzles are a lot of fun. The HOs in the games are very good and always deliver a little extra challenge. I would love to see more from this developer.
August 11, 2012
A fun game that is nice and long.enjoyed the humor and the music. A very good buy. Think I will buy the other one also
June 27, 2013
very enjoyable. looking forward to the next one.
January 27, 2012
LOOKS EASY BUT MOST CHALLENGING AND VERY AMUSING
QUITE CHALLENGING AND VERY AMUSING.
SUMMARY: This game looks and sounds so simple. And it gets more hilarious the further you go. But, I don?t think I?ve played a more challenging HOS game nor had such a difficult time solving ?easy? puzzles. This is not a game I would choose when I just want to amuse myself on a rainy afternoon playing an easy and stress-free game. If I didn?t skip puzzles or used a lot of hints, I could easily have added another couple hours to the 6 hours it took for me to finish the game.
- Select timed or untimed. I suggest untimed.
- STORY is told through sketches at the beginning of each chapter.
- 12 chapters, each involving a different cursed pirate before you search for Captain Flint, who started it all.
- Different pirates are featured in each chapter and the scenes portraying them are really amusing and get progressively funnier. I couldn?t help but laugh at them. Lifts the spirits.
- Jaunty music.
- Good animation (watch the eyes).
- First HOS at each location is to find X number of a category of objects to help the pirate. Some of them are very well hidden. I seemed to have to use a hint to find the last one quite a bit, even though it was readily identifiable when the hint pointed it out.
- Second HOS at each location is list-based. Objects are usually pertinent to the period (usually because I don?t think bras were invented by the 17th century, yet they make perfect sense for the scene involving the pirate ? you should come across this scene during the demo). Thank goodness the hint recharged quickly. Although the objects weren?t hard to find or differentiate after the hint pointed them out, they were so well blended and disguised into the scene that I just couldn?t find the last couple. After using the hint, I had to hit my head and say ?duh? when it was clearly right in front of me.
- Puzzles in each chapter looked so easy. Yet I had trouble figuring many of them out. You really have to pay attention because the clues to solving them are covert.
- Testing ?black spots? on the monkey, who could turn into a coconut or a pineapple man. You have to keep trying until he finally turns back into a parrot.
- At the end you have to find your way through a maze to find Captain Flint, who is now an Undead. Remember he started the curse. You have to revisit each pirate to get their portion of the map into the maze.
WHAT?S NOT SO GOOD:
- Not a stress-free HOG because of very clever graphics.
- Short on adventure, but it is so amusing that I didn?t care.
- I?ve seen some people say they finished the game in a couple hours ? I have no idea how they could do that in my wildest dreams.
- Instructions for puzzles are unclear. You really have to think. If you need a code, for example, it won?t be on a piece of paper anywhere, but will be in another form.
September 29, 2013
Great sense of humor
You are trying to create a magic potion to release the pirates from their curse so that you can escape the island. There are 25+ different locations, each with it's own special character and set of items. The puzzles are clever, the graphics are great. The humor had me giggling. You can skip the puzzles if you wish and the hint refills quickly. Macabre in an Addams family way.
April 25, 2012
Great just Great!!
Being a Robinson Crusoe fan I thought it was great, also Entertaining, the story line was awsome, get this game you won't regret it.
February 29, 2012
This an entertaining, very different type HOG. Some of the HOG are hard, some not. I just Hint when I need to. There are several different - I guess you would call them 'mini-games' but they are a part of each area you go to. the mini-games are very different from what I have seen before and so far I have not seen any duplicate games. I will admit that at times I think it is too easy.... so I guit for awhile then find it is not as easy as I had thought. Guess I need to take a break sometimes. Some may think this is for the younger players but overall this game is for anyone who wants a different type HOG game.
April 24, 2012
Good solid game - lots to do.
I really enjoyed this game as it was quite different than most of the usual hidden object- adventure games of these days.
After Robinson Crusoe and Friday escape from an inhabited island they sail for Brazil where they encounter a voodoo curse on an uncharted island in the middle of the ocean. The dialogue is adequate whithout going over the top and the background music is quite catchy. The graphics are very well drawn and quite clear and colourful but there are a few dark patches in some scenes. The hidden objects come in two parts - firstly you have to assist each character by finding 10 or 12 or so items he requires then secondly a standard list of hidden objects, some of which are in blue. The 10 or so items and the standard hidden objects do not present a great deal of a problem but the items in blue require a bit more thinking and working out which make this part a little more challenging. Most of the puzzles are pretty simple but on the other hand some are quite complicated especially when the help key does not adequately provide enough information to give you an idea of what is required. It is because of this fact that I have only given this game 4 stars where 4 1/2 would have been more appropriate.
January 7, 2013
Lots of Fun
This was lots of fun. Challenging yet not overly difficult. I think there is a bug in the timed game. Kept telling me I was out of time on level XI (9) when I had well over 40 minutes left. I would love to play Part II if there is one.
June 20, 2013
Men of Low Morals
This game was an absolute hoot. I was laughing the entire time. The graphics are disturbing and adorable at the same time and wonderful to explore. I enjoyed each scene immensely even the ones that were just "wrong". You'll know what I mean when you get there.
After hearing the story and accepting your mission, you travel around the island map visiting various locations. Each location has the potential to yield a cursed black spot if you successfully complete the tasks in the scene. You start by removing a given number of particular objects. Then you're given a task list for the HOS. In order to get some of the objects on the list you must complete mini-games and puzzles by interacting with other items and characters in the scene. This was alot of fun.
After receiving each black spot, you have the option of adding them to the barrel of potion and testing the results on the angry monkey which produces hilarious results.
I only played for the trial hour. To find out what happens next, you'll just have to buy the game. Then YOU can tell ME.
May 7, 2013