Robinson Crusoe and the Cursed Pirates
One of my favorites!
I love the Robinson Crusoe games. The illustrations are gorgeous, and the puzzles are a lot of fun. The HOs in the games are very good and always deliver a little extra challenge. I would love to see more from this developer.
August 11, 2012
LOOKS EASY BUT MOST CHALLENGING AND VERY AMUSING
QUITE CHALLENGING AND VERY AMUSING.
SUMMARY: This game looks and sounds so simple. And it gets more hilarious the further you go. But, I don?t think I?ve played a more challenging HOS game nor had such a difficult time solving ?easy? puzzles. This is not a game I would choose when I just want to amuse myself on a rainy afternoon playing an easy and stress-free game. If I didn?t skip puzzles or used a lot of hints, I could easily have added another couple hours to the 6 hours it took for me to finish the game.
- Select timed or untimed. I suggest untimed.
- STORY is told through sketches at the beginning of each chapter.
- 12 chapters, each involving a different cursed pirate before you search for Captain Flint, who started it all.
- Different pirates are featured in each chapter and the scenes portraying them are really amusing and get progressively funnier. I couldn?t help but laugh at them. Lifts the spirits.
- Jaunty music.
- Good animation (watch the eyes).
- First HOS at each location is to find X number of a category of objects to help the pirate. Some of them are very well hidden. I seemed to have to use a hint to find the last one quite a bit, even though it was readily identifiable when the hint pointed it out.
- Second HOS at each location is list-based. Objects are usually pertinent to the period (usually because I don?t think bras were invented by the 17th century, yet they make perfect sense for the scene involving the pirate ? you should come across this scene during the demo). Thank goodness the hint recharged quickly. Although the objects weren?t hard to find or differentiate after the hint pointed them out, they were so well blended and disguised into the scene that I just couldn?t find the last couple. After using the hint, I had to hit my head and say ?duh? when it was clearly right in front of me.
- Puzzles in each chapter looked so easy. Yet I had trouble figuring many of them out. You really have to pay attention because the clues to solving them are covert.
- Testing ?black spots? on the monkey, who could turn into a coconut or a pineapple man. You have to keep trying until he finally turns back into a parrot.
- At the end you have to find your way through a maze to find Captain Flint, who is now an Undead. Remember he started the curse. You have to revisit each pirate to get their portion of the map into the maze.
WHAT?S NOT SO GOOD:
- Not a stress-free HOG because of very clever graphics.
- Short on adventure, but it is so amusing that I didn?t care.
- I?ve seen some people say they finished the game in a couple hours ? I have no idea how they could do that in my wildest dreams.
- Instructions for puzzles are unclear. You really have to think. If you need a code, for example, it won?t be on a piece of paper anywhere, but will be in another form.
September 29, 2013
A fun game that is nice and long.enjoyed the humor and the music. A very good buy. Think I will buy the other one also
June 27, 2013
very enjoyable. looking forward to the next one.
January 27, 2012
Review of a finished game...
There is nothing fancy about this game. It is very creative w/ the HO's, funny, and keeps you wanting more. Just a good ole fashioned game..instead of putting alot of effort into color, morphing objects, ect. They put that effort into a the puzzles and HO's. Very nice. From start to finish you will not be disappointed. This one is a winner through and through.
July 9, 2014
Great sense of humor
You are trying to create a magic potion to release the pirates from their curse so that you can escape the island. There are 25+ different locations, each with it's own special character and set of items. The puzzles are clever, the graphics are great. The humor had me giggling. You can skip the puzzles if you wish and the hint refills quickly. Macabre in an Addams family way.
April 25, 2012
Great just Great!!
Being a Robinson Crusoe fan I thought it was great, also Entertaining, the story line was awsome, get this game you won't regret it.
February 29, 2012
This an entertaining, very different type HOG. Some of the HOG are hard, some not. I just Hint when I need to. There are several different - I guess you would call them 'mini-games' but they are a part of each area you go to. the mini-games are very different from what I have seen before and so far I have not seen any duplicate games. I will admit that at times I think it is too easy.... so I guit for awhile then find it is not as easy as I had thought. Guess I need to take a break sometimes. Some may think this is for the younger players but overall this game is for anyone who wants a different type HOG game.
April 24, 2012
Men of Low Morals
This game was an absolute hoot. I was laughing the entire time. The graphics are disturbing and adorable at the same time and wonderful to explore. I enjoyed each scene immensely even the ones that were just "wrong". You'll know what I mean when you get there.
After hearing the story and accepting your mission, you travel around the island map visiting various locations. Each location has the potential to yield a cursed black spot if you successfully complete the tasks in the scene. You start by removing a given number of particular objects. Then you're given a task list for the HOS. In order to get some of the objects on the list you must complete mini-games and puzzles by interacting with other items and characters in the scene. This was alot of fun.
After receiving each black spot, you have the option of adding them to the barrel of potion and testing the results on the angry monkey which produces hilarious results.
I only played for the trial hour. To find out what happens next, you'll just have to buy the game. Then YOU can tell ME.
May 7, 2013
Okay hidden object search game
Compared to the first Robinson Crusoe story this game sure is a great improvement - if you are wondering which one to buy I would recommend skipping the first part and taking only this one.
Here is why; graphics, map/gameplay area, puzzles and hidden object scenes are way better planned and executed in this new version. Story is minimal so most of the time is spent either in hidden object search or solving puzzles. There really is no adventure aspect in this game, and no inventory to be gathered but all items are immediately used in the same location. Puzzle complexity is challenging enough and instructions are not available (at least in expert mode) so be ready to figure out what to do with a group of symbols or buttons or colours or whatever the puzzle ahead happens to be about.. Hidden object scenes are a bit overcluttered to my liking but manageable in this game.
This game is quite easy going, very little scary parts (and them mostly random skulls or other skeleton parts) and most of the time the game tone is either neutral or positive making this a potential game for playing with children. For expert players this game is easy or very easy but can be tentatively recommended if you are only looking for spending some time with a relaxed style game.
December 30, 2012