Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition
Everyone have said more than enough about this great game.
I'll just add that you don't need to love the fairytale in order to love the game.
April 25, 2013
good for me, again!
I really have fun this game from beginning 'til the end. I think as usual this game have a good sequel again! I never get bored but still I love the previous one (phantom opera)! Also all of this series is one of my favorite games I ever played!
So thank you dev for making this series!
Good job and love it but not as much as phantom opera!
April 9, 2013
Not very interesting apart from the visuals
This game could have been great, but the way the story was told it felt that it was being rushed and the game's locations felt insipid, too. I thought that they were there, well, just because.
Here are the pros:
- The graphics in the normal gameplay (excluding HOS) was just beautiful, top notch!
- There were only 4 characters that I liked (the supporting ones): the little wooden doll, the spindler, Bannesworth and Mr. Beaker. They were lovely to look at, their voices were perfect and they were actual interesting characters.
- The steampunk bits were lovely, too. (I wish they would make a game based on it...);
- The fight with the spider was very innovative in a HOG and fun, too (and her voice was creepy!);
- The cutscenes were beautifully made and pleasant to look at;
- The character art is amazing, they are really well drawn;
And the cons:
- The hidden objects scenes were probably the worst that I have ever played. The graphics, in comparison with those of the normal gameplay, were terrible, making the scenes uninteresting. Some of the objects were really, really small and there were too many scenes of HO. Because of all these factors, everytime I had to play another scene, I just felt like uninstalling the game (luckily for me, the game was short) and it was sooo unnerving...;
- The main game was actually pretty short;
- The main characters (Belle, the Beast and the Enchantress) were completely bland and unsympathetic. You saw very little of them and, to make it short, they were one-dimensional characters;
- The storyline was told very rushedly and, so, I felt no connection whatsoever with the story. It felt very bland;
- Definitely not worth the CE price (for me, at least). Not only the bonus chapter was equally short and had the same story has that of the main game, but it was the only thing you had as "Extra" (the story was way too long to be reading on a screen);
This "Mystery Legends" was beautiful to look at, but it had no depth and it wasn't fun for me to play at all.
March 1, 2013
Proved to be boringly tedious overall; not much of a fairytale challenge for the player.
January 3, 2013
Completed Game Review
Really enjoyed, different then the normal HO games willing you on to play and not stop. Loved the little funny characters you meet along the way they can stump you. HO were pretty easy but it was all in all a great game. Good Luck Fishes
December 27, 2012
The game interesting, relatively cool locations. A little long conversations, music does not overthrow, and the level of mini-games simply shocking. I expected it to be better enchanted prince, meanwhile, did not have to toil to free him.
December 15, 2012
best hidden object game ever
i loved this game so interesting im getting ready to purchase all the other mystery legends games
November 6, 2012
a bit disappointed... but not bad
I was very excited to play this game when I saw it since I love fairy tales (especially given the other reviews/ratings;) however, I was a bit disappointed with the game itself. The graphics and music were pretty good, but overall the game and story were a bit lacking in my opinion. My favorite part of the story line was the subtle steampunk elements woven throughout. Also, I did like that you have a choice of 3 different levels of difficulty and I first played the casual game (the middle difficulty) which was not too hard nor was it too simple either. I felt like the story line was rather underdeveloped and it seemed to be the same (boring) thing during the length of play without anything new or exciting as far as the Evil Enchantress goes; she was not a very good villain in my opinion and the game suffered as a result in my estimation. I would still recommend this game if you like fairy tales, the game play itself was fine. This game has a variety of hidden object, puzzles and a little adventure but don't expect much out of the story. The bonus features were ok, the extra level of game play was actually not bad (except the story didn't change at all# and it was of good length #it was not a "mini" level/game) and the scores section is always fun to see where you finished, it also has the original story of Beauty and the Beast to read. I prefer and would recommend the Collector's Edition of this game as a result.
September 15, 2012
Solid verson of the story with fun mini-games
First of the only extra in this Collector's Edition is a very short bonus chapter, that adds an extra conclusion to the one open question at the end of the regular game.
I really enjoyed this game, the story is very simple but it fist together nicely with the game play. The obstacles are not too ridiculous and I seldom had the feeling that I was just sent from scene to scene to find an object that would unlock another object that would unlock another object.
The HOS were not overbearing, only at few points in the game you did them with little time passing between. There were some pretty humourous scenes when talking to the various animated toys you meet in the game. My only major complaint is that the mini-games are not accessable through the extras. Those games were fun, especially the ones invovling the gun and sword.
However, I also have to say it was an easy game. It involved a bit or memorizing and fast clicking but nothing complicated to get through the puzzles and mini-games.
also, I wanted to smack the Beast everytime he repeated that I have to look for the soul shards.
August 23, 2012
I've played a good few big fish games now and this is so far the best looking of all so far. Beautiful graphics and animations abound - great care has gone into making this a lush experience to play. Widescreen mode is available and the graphics are high res.
The game is pretty short, I completed in under 3 hours but I don't take my time and am an experienced gamer. The quality of the presentation makes up for the shortness of the game. It would be perfect for a beginner or younger player to take on and enjoy.
I bought the collector's edition as part of a special deal and although the bonus chapter was short it was beautifully presented and gives you the opportunity to take on the enchantress who is a wonderful character. The bonus is not essential to the plot but i'd recommend the CE if you can afford it just for the fun of this short but enjoyable extra.
Highly Recommended to lovers of great looking games!
August 22, 2012