Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition
Not very interesting apart from the visuals
This game could have been great, but the way the story was told it felt that it was being rushed and the game's locations felt insipid, too. I thought that they were there, well, just because.
Here are the pros:
- The graphics in the normal gameplay (excluding HOS) was just beautiful, top notch!
- There were only 4 characters that I liked (the supporting ones): the little wooden doll, the spindler, Bannesworth and Mr. Beaker. They were lovely to look at, their voices were perfect and they were actual interesting characters.
- The steampunk bits were lovely, too. (I wish they would make a game based on it...);
- The fight with the spider was very innovative in a HOG and fun, too (and her voice was creepy!);
- The cutscenes were beautifully made and pleasant to look at;
- The character art is amazing, they are really well drawn;
And the cons:
- The hidden objects scenes were probably the worst that I have ever played. The graphics, in comparison with those of the normal gameplay, were terrible, making the scenes uninteresting. Some of the objects were really, really small and there were too many scenes of HO. Because of all these factors, everytime I had to play another scene, I just felt like uninstalling the game (luckily for me, the game was short) and it was sooo unnerving...;
- The main game was actually pretty short;
- The main characters (Belle, the Beast and the Enchantress) were completely bland and unsympathetic. You saw very little of them and, to make it short, they were one-dimensional characters;
- The storyline was told very rushedly and, so, I felt no connection whatsoever with the story. It felt very bland;
- Definitely not worth the CE price (for me, at least). Not only the bonus chapter was equally short and had the same story has that of the main game, but it was the only thing you had as "Extra" (the story was way too long to be reading on a screen);
This "Mystery Legends" was beautiful to look at, but it had no depth and it wasn't fun for me to play at all.
March 1, 2013
The game interesting, relatively cool locations. A little long conversations, music does not overthrow, and the level of mini-games simply shocking. I expected it to be better enchanted prince, meanwhile, did not have to toil to free him.
December 15, 2012
a bit disappointed... but not bad
I was very excited to play this game when I saw it since I love fairy tales (especially given the other reviews/ratings;) however, I was a bit disappointed with the game itself. The graphics and music were pretty good, but overall the game and story were a bit lacking in my opinion. My favorite part of the story line was the subtle steampunk elements woven throughout. Also, I did like that you have a choice of 3 different levels of difficulty and I first played the casual game (the middle difficulty) which was not too hard nor was it too simple either. I felt like the story line was rather underdeveloped and it seemed to be the same (boring) thing during the length of play without anything new or exciting as far as the Evil Enchantress goes; she was not a very good villain in my opinion and the game suffered as a result in my estimation. I would still recommend this game if you like fairy tales, the game play itself was fine. This game has a variety of hidden object, puzzles and a little adventure but don't expect much out of the story. The bonus features were ok, the extra level of game play was actually not bad (except the story didn't change at all# and it was of good length #it was not a "mini" level/game) and the scores section is always fun to see where you finished, it also has the original story of Beauty and the Beast to read. I prefer and would recommend the Collector's Edition of this game as a result.
September 15, 2012
Proved to be boringly tedious overall; not much of a fairytale challenge for the player.
January 3, 2013