A step down from the original
If I had never played the original I would have loved this one. However compared to that one it's just OK. I'm really disappointed.
May 31, 2012
Good Game/ Commentary bleh
While I do like the new changes that have been made to the original. I do not like the commentary in this one. Why do the characters swear? Most of the time I play with the volume down.
November 19, 2011
Not as good as iOS version
Please?PLEASE!?add more bonus courses and /or daily courses (as the iOS version includes). For us true fanatics, having to stop playing at Classic Pack 9 is anticlimactic and frustrating.
June 2, 2013
The first Fairway is the best
Now why do I say that in my review title? Good question.
1) They changed the announcers and the comments they make are not very witty at all. Sadly. The originals were a lot better. In one instance They say listen to that crowd roar. The only problem is there no clapping at all.
2) The backgrounds are static pictures. Cmon put some moving pictures back there. Like water running, rain, windy weather. Something to add life to the pictures its just lackluster.
3) All the great sound effects are gone and the ones they have are muted and dull. You can barely hear the crowd cheer anymore. That was my favorite part of the game.
4) The layout of the cards is boring and in some cases messy and uneven. One of the layouts is cards scattered across the screen. Who thought that was a good idea? It makes it very confusing as to what card can be played.
5) Instead of winning clubs now you can just buy them. Boring and dull.
6) The Wild shot mini game where you could click on a picture to get something is now gone and its automatic. Why? I have no idea. Its boring now. You click play and you get something good or bad.
7) You cannot see how many cards are left just by looking at the stack of cards. Its all one big blob of cards.
I really want to like this game and I do a little as its still the same game. However the areas they changed I dont like. They have toned down everything that was fun in the first game. Sound, Card layouts, Golf Clubs and the wild shot game even the pictures of the birdies is now changed and very boring to look at. Its all so bland it hurts. The game could be so much more then what it is. Its a very average card game. If you have one choice between the first and this one choose the first one.
May 21, 2014
Used to love this game
The last update of this game makes me want to quit. All I want to do is play the thing. I do not have, nor do I want a facebook account, but now, every time I open the iPad app, I am taken to facebook to sign in. And when I don't, the app opens and then takes me BACK to the facebook sign-in or open account page. So I have to by-pass the first time and cancel the second... just to play the game.
It's fine to allow players to share on facebook if they choose to do so, but it's more than a little annoying to make that the default and to be to be continually pushed to join. I would have given this app a 4-star rating if I weren't being bombarded with facebook sign-ins every time I play. So now I'm down to 3 stars... max. I would still recommend it for those who love their facebook accounts, but not for anyone who doesn't.
July 20, 2014
A different view
I have played the demo and finished 6 of the courses with 15 minutes left. The background graphics looked blocky to me, there is a good choice of card backs but the card faces are very plain. The commentators' accents sound wrong and there are no crowd effects but the background noises are appropriate to the particular course. I found it a bit irritating that this is not a very accurate representation of the game of golf - the courses so far are 3 or 6 holes long instead of 9 or 18, you can get -5 and -4 on holes on th 3rd or 4th course, there is a card that gives you a club that can be used as anything - I could use that in real life! The fever game is good and I like the things to buy in the shop and the trophies to win. I wanted to like this game as I enjoyed the original but was disappointed.
November 18, 2011
Awful game. Nothing like the first Fairway. It says I have won even though I still have a stack of cards on the game. A very childish game. No fun in it at all. The cards just flick around in any old way. It bored me silly. Will not finish the trial, I have better games to play.
October 16, 2012
Not even golf.
Bought this for 6.99 thinking it was golf. It's nothing like golf. It's some kind of simple solitaire. Awful.
October 12, 2012