Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast Collector's Edition
Beauty of A Game
This was a visually pleasing game..Clear graphics and HO scenes..It also was exciting..especially the huge spider...On the down side, it was a short game..even with the bonus chapter..It seemed to me not worth the price of CE..that was very disappointing...But..if you only buy the SE, you will be unhappy about the length of this game.
November 16, 2011
A Beauty of a game!
I would say this game is not very challenging even in hard mode, but I still quite enjoyed the game play. This is also a game where I bought the CE to support the developer. These games are a cut above the rest, starting with beautiful visuals presented in wide screen format. There is an engaging story as backdrop to game play with a good flow. Somewhat linear in this case, but plenty to do. Neither puzzles nor H0G's are taxing, but enjoyable just the same.
The bonus game, IMHO, is worth the price of the CE. I can't say it is long, probably around an hour if you aren't pokey like me -- but it is very well done. The puzzles are not repeats from the core game, plenty of tasks to accomplish, a whole new area of the kingdom to explore, some extraordinary graphics and animation. So, not just filler to satisfy the CE requirement -- thought went into it.
On the minus side I suppose, is the lack of Extras. The only one other than the Strategy Guide (which, BTW, moves along with the story and gives progressive help), is the original text of Beauty and the Beast -- no music, or wall papers, or concept art.
January 13, 2012
Lacking in the challenge department
Visuals: The environments were quite good and very enchanting. I do wish we had more puzzles to do inside the castle, though. The environments include a cottage, garden area, a town with two places to visit, and then the castle zone.
Music: The music had a hint to the original Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, but definitely different. The music was not overpowering at all and I felt like it was definitely soothing and easy to have in the background.
Puzzles and clues: One of the downsides to this game were the puzzles. If you are an adult who is looking for a more challenging adventure game, then skip this one. The puzzles were far too easy and required very little thought or skill. This game would be great for your kids. On a positive note, the hidden object scenes were challenging.
Ending: The ending was a little dull and it could have been more climatic with the evil queen. This game was much shorter than Phantom, and only took me 4 hours to beat; earning me a spot on the scores board as #3. There was one room left that I did not get to explore, which I do intend on researching.
Overall, this game was pretty and was a pleasure to play. The only cons were that it was too easy and too short. I would have liked to see more encouragement from the Beast while Belle tries to free him.
December 29, 2011
The storyline is good
I was really surpise about the story it was good and a little surpises here and there. very good levels as well.
November 17, 2011
Better looking Beast then Man.
I always thought the prince looked better as the beast. You will have to play this game to see for yourself. The story has been changed. That is another thing you will find out when you play. The game play itself is good. There is alot to do so stay alert because if you miss something you can't go on. If you are like me you will try every door, cabinet & everything else. The mini games are easy. It is a great game to play on a cold day. It has a decent length. The extra game play is great. It really made the game for me.
January 30, 2012
Worth the CE?
I'd have to say yes it is, even though the SG is lacking in pictures and step by step hand holding it still works and I used it. It makes you explore to find the objective and I think that that is a way to have the player really see everything there is to in this game. The graphic are fantastic as well as the sound and the story is a wonder twist on a classic which you can actually read as part of the extras. I feel the SG is useful and the bonus chapter fun and worth it also. Two down sides I did find for this game were the fact that if u are really in need of a hint or skip say if you were playing the SE then they load...so...slooooow. The other is that their are just too many HOS in this and not enough puzzles to balance them. All in all I think this game is wonderfully fun and worth the CE buy but even if you don't want to spend this much then grab the SE the game is worth a buy in any form ^_^
July 17, 2012
Beauty and The Beast in Disney movie doesn't end here. The witch, more like the one in Snow White, is your rival now. Although as other Play Pond games is superb in graphic and sound quality, I don't really like BandTB to become a story, to me it is not creepy or fun enough. I rather have Sleeping Beauty instead. After Phantom of the Opera success, this game slightly goes downhill, although I got to say I love the ending with the spider.
July 14, 2012
Short but fun
Although this game was short I enjoyed it, I liked the games although at times there were to many HOG. I liked it overall as far as storyline and graphics and sounds
October 23, 2013
Good but If You Have to Choose.......
This game was good but if you have to choose between Mystery Legends: Beauty and the Beast or Mystery Legends: Phantom of the Opera then I highly recommend getting the Phantom of the Opera game. It's longer and more involved which I found more fun.
I did like this game. The graphics were good as was the story line and I enjoyed most of the mini games.
Some so-called "HOG" games don't have much hidden object fun and instead seem more geared to the mini games and adventure aspects. I prefer at least as much hidden object scenes as adventure and I felt this game had a good ratio.
It also has a very helpful map so I didn't need to refer to the strategy guide very much.
Enjoyable game but not as good as Phantom of the Opera.
July 8, 2012
Not very interesting apart from the visuals
This game could have been great, but the way the story was told it felt that it was being rushed and the game's locations felt insipid, too. I thought that they were there, well, just because.
Here are the pros:
- The graphics in the normal gameplay (excluding HOS) was just beautiful, top notch!
- There were only 4 characters that I liked (the supporting ones): the little wooden doll, the spindler, Bannesworth and Mr. Beaker. They were lovely to look at, their voices were perfect and they were actual interesting characters.
- The steampunk bits were lovely, too. (I wish they would make a game based on it...);
- The fight with the spider was very innovative in a HOG and fun, too (and her voice was creepy!);
- The cutscenes were beautifully made and pleasant to look at;
- The character art is amazing, they are really well drawn;
And the cons:
- The hidden objects scenes were probably the worst that I have ever played. The graphics, in comparison with those of the normal gameplay, were terrible, making the scenes uninteresting. Some of the objects were really, really small and there were too many scenes of HO. Because of all these factors, everytime I had to play another scene, I just felt like uninstalling the game (luckily for me, the game was short) and it was sooo unnerving...;
- The main game was actually pretty short;
- The main characters (Belle, the Beast and the Enchantress) were completely bland and unsympathetic. You saw very little of them and, to make it short, they were one-dimensional characters;
- The storyline was told very rushedly and, so, I felt no connection whatsoever with the story. It felt very bland;
- Definitely not worth the CE price (for me, at least). Not only the bonus chapter was equally short and had the same story has that of the main game, but it was the only thing you had as "Extra" (the story was way too long to be reading on a screen);
This "Mystery Legends" was beautiful to look at, but it had no depth and it wasn't fun for me to play at all.
March 1, 2013