Secrets of the Vatican: The Holy Lance
Developer Sticks To The Same Mediocre Format
Okay, SOMEONE must like these odd little games, because Mzone/Solilab keeps spending time and money developing tons of them.
The only positive thing that struck me about Secrets of the Vatican, was the great storyline. It was intriguing and grabbed my interest right away. Unfortunately, I quickly became frustrated with the mechanics of game play.
* I agree, the music was terrible in that it was more like noise than music. The graphics were super cheesy and hidden objects were blurry or poorly drawn.
* There was a lot of dialogue which I normally don't mind if there's a good story. But the main characters were cartoonish and popped back and forth across the screen whenever they spoke. Kind of gave me a headache. Additional characters were ridiculous black silhouettes so I had no idea what they looked like. Found that downright strange.
* Yes, there was a magnifying glass for finding the really small objects. Problem was, most of the items were small, blurry or poorly drawn. So I was constantly using the magnifying glass to find things, which quickly made the game less fun.
* I could find gold stars for additional hints. But I used those up pretty quick, because I just didn't want to keep hurting my eyes looking for tiny items.
* Puzzles had vague instructions, making some of them difficult to solve. Also had to wait quite a while for the Skip button to become active.
All these negatives of game play quickly cancelled my need to solve the Secrets of the Vatican. I recommend not wasting your time on this one.
November 7, 2012
secrets of the vatican
just awful. to much reading & TERRIBLE GAME
November 23, 2011
way to much talking and it walks you through every thing no challenge and no fun....
November 21, 2011
Way way to much dialogue. You waste the whole time reading instead of doing the game. Objects to small and dark to see. Don't waste your time.
November 25, 2012
omg, why bother
this is one of the cheesiest games I've ever encountered. sorry but the storyline, graphics, sound, and gameplay is not appealing. couldn't get pass 5 minutes of the game.
December 14, 2011
Less than a 1 star
If there were a selection for zero stars it would have my vote. Worst game I have ever seen. Glad it was a freebie or I would be really negative.
November 25, 2011
Don't bother.......Holy Awful!
November 22, 2011
B O R I N G !
Just not my type of game. Tiny items to find and no help from anywhere on what to do next.
The theme is interesting. Too bad it was poorly presented.
My recommendation to developers: Read these reviews and reinvent the game. You might be surprised at the results.
November 7, 2012