The Keepers: Lost Progeny Collector's Edition
my favorite hidden object game!
I found the puzzles too difficult for the level of difficulty I played. I wouldn't buy this game, I think there are more interesting games out there!
November 13, 2011
Started out promising but I got tired of playing it
When I started playing "Keepers" I instantly loved the game and was engrossed in the story, but after a while I got tired of it because there were a bit too many hidden objects scenes and the clicking penalty was infuriating!
(This game is a huge file!)
- Wonderful graphics;
- Great environment;
- Amazing music;
- Very good voice-overs, specially Vlad's;
- Nice story (although done over and over again in movies, it was different from any HOG I ever played);
- Gory, for a change!
- Clicking penalty, rrrr!! If I clicked about three times in a row there would go the cursor again! It made me really mad because it happened very frequently and sometimes I would click on the right object;
- A current problem that I encountered in this game was that when I found the object that was asked for, I would click on it and nothing would happen and it was the right one! It was really frustrating because it can only be a problem that wasn't noticed while developing the game;
- The story, while it started out promising, started to descend for me, and I don't know why! It started to bother me playing the game and I was just hoping to get it over with;
- There was a bit too much of back & forth;
- The main game was considerably short;
- I was really done when I got to the bonus chapter and I didn't even realized that there were two! It was a nice addition, but since I couldn't take anymore of the game, I didn't like it;
I really loved this game when I started it, but after returning to the Mansion, I lost interest in it and was mainly bored because of the hidden objects and because nothing ever happened again after the grisly scene in the hotel.
I wanted to love it until the end since it was a different experience from the regular HOG, and although I don't hate it, I got too tired of playing it.
Maybe you won't!
March 7, 2013
There were interesting visual/audio touches but the gameplay was dull.
I only played 28 minutes of the demo and by then enough was enough.
Not challenging, pendantic, obvious, and a make work project. Go here, go there, go somewhere else then back to here and then there again. And yes, it's how these games work, but this one felt like I was being led, not exploring like it is in the best games.
It was not imaginative, it was painfully like a color by number painting.
November 20, 2011
Monochromatic HOS's as well as other scenes make it almost
impossible for someone with low vision to find anything.
Frequently necessary to click on an object 8-10 times before
November 28, 2011
Sorry, but this isn't for me. I liked the actual game-play, itself and the graphics are very nice as are the voice-overs BUT, AGAIN, there are occult themes-pentagrams, etc. When I got to the dead body lying on a pentagram, I quit and uninstalled the game. That is why I'm giving the game only 2 stars. PLEASE, Big Fish, don't give us SO MANY occult-themed games! Remember, there are those of us who have Christian beliefs and, therefore, cannot and will not purchase such games. I am just asking for a few more games with subjects I can feel comfortable with.
November 14, 2011
locked doors that cant be open why.
November 19, 2011
This is NOT a Keeper. I was Lost.
This certainly seems like an intricate, well-put-together game that should be a five-star hit. But is was a miss, not a hit.
The intricacy to which I refer, it turns out, is simply an eerie feeling which is supported by creepy (good creepy) music and very dark tones. As for the "Mature content," aside from seeing a cartoonish character killing people (not seen close enough to be gruesome, and again, cartoonish), there was nothing that would disturb the dreams of any youngster.
The HOGs, as someone else commented, do require glasses, a magnifying glass and a flashlight. The challenge to an HOS shouldn't be an inability to view the items but that's what this is. The puzzles ranged from VERY SIMPLE to incomprehensible. (When you play this, if you play this, I specifically refer to the crystal game as incomprehensible).
The story is clear: you know what the overall story is. The storyline, not so clear. That is, the way the story is explained or played out, is not clear at all. The game had promise at the beginning and I was very excited. As it progressed, it became less and less promising and more and more confusing and unfulfilling.
Caveat Emptor: I think you'll get the wrong idea if you play the hourlong trial. You're going to think that the whole game is like this. It's not. It deteriorates the farther along you get.
Honestly, I had to quit. It no longer held my interest. This has seldom happened to me. I have never been as excited and yet come away as disappointed as with this game. Sadly, I can't recommend it.
July 27, 2013
Game did not do it for me
In my opinion this was a boring game. Don't get the high reviews.
March 10, 2013