Shaolin Mystery: Revenge of the Terracotta Warriors
Really enjoyed this game
This is a really good game.... decent storyline reasonably challenging puzzles..good artwork....I was able to locate the hidden objects after a search (which is the point.) This game was also long enough and had a walkthrough!!! I am glad I purchased it and would reccommend it for all ages.
February 10, 2012
Fun, Fantastic Hidden Object Game
The music in the soundtrack was fantastic, hauntingly inspirational, drawing you into the well developed and interesting storyline. The hidden object scenes were great, from difficult to moderately easy. The mini puzzles were engaging. This game has it all.
January 19, 2012
GREAT HIDDEN OBJECT GAME
Good game ...... kept me interested
December 26, 2011
hidden game was not something new to me.
hidden game was not something new to me. but can be better.
December 27, 2011
Not exactly a masterpiece..... !
Nothing original or outstanding in this new game which is a classic HOG with a bit of "adventure", except the puzzles.
Here is what the demo enabled me to assess:
- Intro and cutscenes: simple, unsophisticated
- Music: not bad, but not chinese at all thus not contributing to setting an atmosphere; tends to be repetitive
- Atmosphere: none
- Graphics: okay but nothing outstanding here either. Some locations are a little bit better crafted than others.
- HO Scenes: a bit cluttered though not overcrowded; most items are fairly easy to find, but a few are hardly distinguishable. As usual, 99% of them serve no purpose at all. In certain HO Scenes the items are given as a list with two requiring simple interactivity; in others you get their drawings in grey, in sets of circular boxes
- Useful objects: easy to find and put to use; no originality here either.
- Actions: not very many as the emphasis is placed on HO Scenes. All simple and totally lacking innovation. The first one already appeared in an other game !!! LOL
- Hints: don't recharge very fast, but show HOs as well as what to do next.
- Puzzles: the only strong point of this game. #1 is pretty original. But, beware, the three I played in the demo were tricky. That might frustrate some players. However I found them quite interesting, probably because I love and am used to puzzles of all kinds. Good news: they all have a Reset button and can be skipped after a while.
- Minigames: haven't seen any
- Tasks: given in the journal and clearly stated
- Navigation: straightforward as the game is rather linear and backtracking reduced to the strict minimum
There is no voice-over, the journal includes a map, so you cannot get lost, the storyline is average, and the overall difficulty is medium high due to the puzzles, else it is quite low.
With a total of 30 locations -if my memory serves me right, and completing 8 of them in 1 hour, playtime is bound to be fairly short.
As it is that "mystery" will be okay for a rainy day if you have depleted your stock of better games.
It is a pity the developers didn't polish it up, nor seized the opportunity to provide us with extensive information about Qing Shi Huang Di, the story of the Terracotta Army -the representation of his army- discovered by archeologists near Beijing, or the achievements of this Emperor, as that period of Ancient China's history is quite fascinating.
December 24, 2011
Good graphics, but can't comment on music as I don't listen.
Story line was okay. I was suprised at the end because the game just stopped and the credits rolled. I guess I was looking to tie things up so it feld a little empty. None of the challenges were too hard. A couple of the puzzles were a bit different and took some thought to solve. Not much character interaction and nothing "cute or humorous". Left me feeling pretty flat so I guess I won't reccommend it.
January 3, 2012
I don't know if it was just my dinosaur of a computer but gameplay lagged and it took some time to go from scene to scene. The artistry was beautiful, but the storyline was a little contrived and there were far too many unnecessary moves and jumping from place to place. If you weren't in an "active" scene, all the hints did for you was told you was that it was "not an auspicious time" to search there, which wasn't of much help if there were 4 or 5 areas that still needed something done in. All in all, I wouldn't waste money or game credits on it.
December 25, 2011
Not anywhere near the first Shaolin mystery!
I played the dragon staff and loved it so was thrilled by having another one. But to my utter disappointment gone was the fantastic voice over from the dragon staff and the good cinematics and the oriental music as well. The story wasn't nearly as good and the dragon staff being a real challenge this was too easy and above all super short! So save your money (and disappointment if you've already played the jade dragon staff)!
May 15, 2012
Just not a grabber!
The cursor seemed a bit slow and when you completed a task , it took a little bit to change the scene or proceed. The skip button on the puzzles takes a LONG time to charge and the hint isn't a whole lot faster. The graphics are fine and the music is okay. Just was not one that I wanted to play and find out the ending. A no-buy for me.
December 26, 2011
SHAOLIN MYSTERY:REVENGE OF THE TERRACOTTA WARRIORS
Only played the tril verison, but liked it. Only thing i don't like is you have to read evrything that the peolpe are saying. I would have given more stars if everybody talked.
December 24, 2011