Nightfall Mysteries: Black Heart Collector's Edition
Fun and Challening
I found this game to be very enjoyable. The story, graphics, and puzzles were great.
July 11, 2012
Good game, challenging. I will probably buy it.
February 2, 2012
nightfall mysteries; black heart collector's edition
fun game very interesting lots of differences...
January 28, 2012
THIRD IN THE SERIES
LENGTH: 5 hours casual for the main game. Bonus add another hour. Anticlimatic ending. Ending for the detective wasn?t very believable, but I guess it could happen. The first two in the series were better.
- Plenty of HOS.
- Hint recharges very fast.
- Gameplay focuses on plenty of HOS, generally not too busy.
- Mini-games are of varying degrees of difficulty, starting fairly easy, ending with more challenging puzzles.
- Map shows where actions can be taken. Not interactive, but not really needed.
- Information on the top black line ? s not there long enough to read.
- Music, while not intrusive, does not always fit with the on-screen locations.
- Hint could be more helpful. Points out nothing to do there ? fine. But it also points to something to be done; only you don?t have the tools for the task yet, so you waste time trying to figure out why your inventory tools won?t work and wonder what you?re doing wrong.
- Story: Christine and Viggo and Det. Thomas keep disappearing. I can understand the detective going off on his own. But Christine should at least be accompanying you. Where is she? What is she doing to help? It?s like she was cast into the story for some unfathomable reason, other than she was in prior stories. And she and Viggo disappear after he?s rescued and you have no idea what they were doing to help escape.
- Low resolution graphics ? okay but not great.
- Couple of the puzzles near the end didn?t appear to work. In one, the beginning portion of the puzzle looked like the solution. Maybe I missed something, but I looked at it several times.
December 20, 2013
GREAT STORY CONTINUES
I know I am a little late in playing this game, but have been unable to play for about 3 months. I am now back at it and this game was great. This series has a story that is interesting and the game keeps you involved in the story all the way through.
Some games start with a story and somewhere along the line you no longer remember why you are doing what you are doing. That is not the case with this series. I truly enjoyed pretty much everything about the game. IHOS were difficult enough, but able to do without resorting to hints. Puzzles were somewhat easy, but that is a good thing if you haven't played a game for several months. Nice way to get back in the groove.
The only con I could find was that a couple of the puzzles ended up being more tedious than difficult, but all in all a very entertaining game and I recommend it to newcomers as well as old hands like me.
Can't wait what the Vansig family is up to in the next installment.
May 1, 2013
Very odd...but cool
Though I never bought it the trial was great. It was very mysterious with the guy with the hooded cape. The story line was good...A mysterious family that closes themselves off from the world. Wish that they would make it harder though.
February 11, 2012
A little disappointed...
I found the graphics grainy, just not enough effort put into this game. However, I love the map & the audio tapes, as always from this dev.
3 levels of difficulty, good voice-overs, 50 pages & 9 pages in the bonus game. The messages at the top of the screen, are too quick to be able to read. That became very frustrating, afraid I missed important info from the character/s. All in all, I do like this new addition.
January 28, 2012
not as good as Curse of the Opera
I expected much more from the third game in the series, and a CE to boot. The plot has holes so big you could drive a truck through them, e.g. isn't it amazing a guy in a castle prison can just send messages whereever and whenever he wants, including to the police? I also wish the developers would decide how the characters are going to look, this is the 3rd different look for them. No special fun things in this games, just the usual hidden object scenes and moderately easy games. If you are going to play it, wait for the SE.
January 31, 2012
eh - not as good as previous Nightfall Mysteries
I only played part of the trial hour of the Collector's Edition - I ditched it because it was really kind of boring. The repetitive music was getting annoying, and there were too many unrelated found objects - it was taking too long to get into the puzzle of playing the game. I won't be purchasing this one.
February 5, 2012
Didn't even use the full hour trial. Graphics were good, but the game was lacking. HOS were not difficult. No challenge in figuring out inventory items. Played better games.
February 2, 2012