Sister's Secrecy: Arcanum Bloodlines Collector's Edition
Beautiful graphics, good story and good length. Lots to do. Most has been said already in previous reviews. I enjoyed this game, however I was disappointed in the bonus. Short, repetitive and abrupt ending. Devs did not spend a lot of time on the bonus. But all in all a good game
July 1, 2012
pretty good game
im 22 and probably play a hog everyday and i have to say the graphics in this game are one of the best ive ever seen. the videos and animation are very good done, very nice story, beautiful calm music. the games are pretty easy but i like the alternative. sometimes when you play too much your eyes hurt a little bit and having that was nice. what i didnt like about it was the bell sound eveytime you find an item. it's annoying. also the ending was pretty dumb in my opinion. sudden and not special
June 27, 2012
I liked the trial version because the hidden object scenes were so well done. The storyline wasn't to my liking but the challenge of the game overall made up for that. The hidden object scenes is why I play these games. The rest is usually secondary for me.
June 21, 2012
I did not give this game 5 stars for one simple reason - the point of what I was supposed to do got lost between 1/2 and 3/4 way thru the game.
I agree with everything Nilosh says; however, the story went off in several different directions, and the bonus game has absolutely nothing to do with the story.
The graphics are beautiful, the HOS contain some of the most challenging aspects of the game, and I loved the characters - especially the dragon! I even liked the music, and for once, did not find it as distracting as most all the other HOGs I play; so the devs get a great big thumbs up from me for the music.
I don't feel the story explained enough about how the twins were related to overall story - there was a connection, but it was pretty obscure.
I think the game is worth the money for the CE, but I like to have the bonus games in CEs as they are a continuation of the main game.
I do recommend this game.
July 6, 2012
I mannaged to finish the demo version before the time ran out. It was one of the better games out of the ones i've played so far. I liked everything from the sounds to graphics. I also love how they give you a choice when it comes to HOs.
I definately recommend this game.
June 24, 2012
this game was really interesting. i liked how all of a sudden you could talk to dragons. i thought that was a fun twist.
June 26, 2012
Sister's Secrecy:Arcanum Bloodlines CE
Knew this would be a good game when I saw who was behind it!
Good story line, well thought out, beautiful coloured graphics
I am a hidden objects fan - plenty of them and the puzzles not to hard, another one I will but on the shelf to play again - liked it so much
July 3, 2012
Interesting storyline. Alot of puzzles and games.
July 15, 2012
A satisfying game overall, with breathtaking artwork
This was a nice, pleasant game, overall, but the problem was the storyline. Too confusing to understand, especially if you read the diary... and in the bonus chapter happened the same. No foretell on what you were doing and what you were supposed to do whatsoever.
- Breathtaking artwork! The detail in most of the scenes was just beautiful, and the statues depicted in most of the locations were amazing! Fantastic graphics with an actual magical feel to them;
- The music wasn't intruding and nothing special. However, in the bonus chapter, when you find the little kid imprisoned, the track that plays in that location is really beautiful;
- Beautiful concept arts to buy!
- The dragon in the tavern was so well-made! It was really beautiful!
- Props for the developers and the creators of this game for creating a game with a lot of different mechanics, including the market where you could buy artwork and music pieces, as long as you had enough coins. Such coins could be collected by finding flowers that weren't hard to spot since they blinked, and by finishing the hidden objects scenes and puzzles as long as you didn't use a hint or skipped them;
- Terrible journal translation. The lucky thing is that most of the time, you can "decipher" what's supposed to say;
- Confusing storyline. I didn't get most of what was happening except that the main character's sister was missing and neither did I care for the characters.
- In the bonus chapter, when you start the game, there's no cutscene or indication whatsoever on what you're doing there (who was Joseph?);
Pleasant game, overall. The graphics and the artwork, for me, totally made up for the scrambled and confusing storyline.
Try it for yourself!
March 30, 2013
So a dragon, a knight and a magician walk into a bar...
Seriously! This is a cute, clever and creative game and ditto on all the good things said about looks and sound. There's not an overabundance of HOGs and there's a nice variety of mini games. Most pretty easy with a few thinkers thrown in, although those were usually because the directions were so vague. The ending was pretty abrupt but cheer worthy so that was OK. The bonus chapter...not worth the extra money for the CE. You collect coins throughout for??? There's a "store" but all they offer are sketches and music from the game. I love a game that sucks me in, really challenges me and makes me think. This wasn't it. But it was a fun and incredibly long romp that should appeal to most players... well, unless you hate dragons, knights and magicians.
August 19, 2012