Howlville: The Dark Past
hidden object game
the game did nothing for me far to many hog and very little story line
July 8, 2012
DID NOT ENJOY
HO scenes dominated. I got sick of them! Also, some objects were so small - almost impossible to find. Hints were limited, so I ended up randomly clicking to find the last one or two items.
Explanation for some puzzles were not sufficient to figure out what to do.
Kind of stupid story. I got tired of reading, "Lock is closed."
All in all - a disappointment.
July 23, 2012
Mostly Hidden Object Scenes!!!!!
I love HOG'S as much as the next girl, but periodically, not one every two seconds! This game is seriously pretty much all HOS'S. You still move around and explore..., but the HOS are what your mostly going to find! If your into that, You will adore this game. If not.....its not for you. It was a pity too, because this game had okay graphics, and the storyline was actually interesting. Try the demo and get a feel for it. Trust me the hour is all you'll need to know whether or not you'll want to buy. Happy gaming gamers!!
June 25, 2013
I couldn't warm up to this game.
Dark, dreary and slow moving sums this one up. I didn't really enjoy any of it and kept waiting for it to improve, but it didn't.
July 7, 2012
I love HOG/Adventure games. I am a 47 year old teacher who has spent her entire summer playing Big Fish games. I loved Dark Parables series, 13 Skulls, Puppet Show series, Dorian Grey, Drawn series! I love them all. I just hate this game. It is a bunch of random clicking with no rhyme nor reason! I've never used hints so much in my life. I've spent a TON of money on these games and have never had a regret until now. How could anyone rave about this game? It is awful. Raters, I rely on you! You really let me down on this one! Anyone else with me? If you like random clicking, this is the game for you! I want my money back along with the two hours of my life if tried to like this game.
July 26, 2012
puzzle, puzzle, puzzle...
...and thats about it. is there such a thing as sooo many puzzles that you get off track of the storyline? yes...and here it is in this boringggggg game..ugh....
July 8, 2012
Not so great for me...
I found it to be poorly done. I bought the game because everyone was Ecstatic about the game. Mmm, it goes to show one should definately try the game first. The hints had to be found. And there were many, many HOS. The voice over was excellently done by the woman when she spoke, this too was rarely done. There is no wide screen to choose from. I personally would not recommend this game.
July 8, 2012
Just from demo
Too many darn hidden object scenes that rely on to many hints to find itty bitty things. Mini games inside of HOS is nice idea, but not so hard to figure out.
July 7, 2012
Not so great
I'm not sure why this game scored so high on the reviews. I played the demo and it seemed like it would be a good game but unfortunately, the best part was the first couple of chapters. Here are the reasons why I scored this game so low:
1. Very, very simple and very linear. A beginner HOG for sure. I don't think I ever had more than 2 items in my inventory at any one time. There was no doubt as to what your next task would be or where your inventory items needed to be used. Not a lot of thinking required for this game. There wasn't any wandering around or maps needed. You went straight through to the end like an arrow.
2. Mini-games were either far too easy or extremely frustrating. Most didn't take much thinking, just patience and luck. Also, quite a few repeats; same game, different skin.
3. LOTS (and I do mean a LOT) of HOG scenes. It seemed like they were one right after the other at times. In addition, some items were so small, I only found them by random clicking. Small items in crowded "junk pile" scenes are very frustrating. Also, some items are misnamed or odd-looking so they're very hard to find or identify.
4. No real soundtrack other than annoying noises.
5. The demo allowed you to play the first 2 chapters which took me about 40 minutes at a leisurely pace. Since the game has a total of 5 chapters, I figured I'd at least get 1.5-2.5 hrs of play time. This was not the case. I finished the last 3 chapters in less than 25 minutes and was bored to death by the time I was at Chapter 4. After the demo portion ended, the game seemed to get much more simple and linear and..well...boring. It's a bare-bones HOG as far as content.
Kudos to the devs for overall good general graphics. The game played with no issues or bugs. That said, for a seasoned iHOG or HOG gamer. I feel the game is too simplified and far too linear. I was expecting a little more.
I would save this game for a $2.99 special or a freebie from your punch card but IMHO it's not worth $6.99 or a full credit.
July 19, 2012
just a HOG (for me)
I was very disappointed when I played the whole game. Too much, too much HOS !
It's a game for players who love HOS. Yes, they are interactive like in a lot of games now, it's fun at the beginning but you can't take a single step without finding a HOS or two !
And objects are tiny or very well hidden...
Fortunately, there are many puzzles, not very challenging but fun.
The story is banal, nothing original.
I don't recommend this game if you prefer adventure and puzzles with a few HOS !
July 11, 2012