Howlville: The Dark Past
Howlville is not for me
I was not impressed with this game. My reasons: the graphics were basic, the game progressed slowly, the curser was sluggish, and the story line was very basic. I turned the volume down to eliminate the noise. I suggest playing the demo before purchasing. I wish I had.
July 23, 2012
Was not a fan of this game
I am sorry to say, but I did not really like this game too much. The opening scene reminded me of a scene from a bad comic book. In all fairness, I did not finish the demo because it was too painful to complete. I basically knew I had enough after the short time I played. It was not interesting to me. I am a fan of Greenhill Sanitarium, MCF, etc....so you can compare my taste to yours.
July 14, 2012
Howlville: The Dark Past
This game is brilliant for those who enjoy HOS which basically make up the majority of this game, I personally like more adventure.
July 12, 2012
Story is sort of engaging; several mini games are glitchy (not completing even with the correct result) and must be skipped; game is rather short; and HOS are often needlessly difficult with items colored exactly like the background.
July 16, 2012
It is not a complicated game. It only moves in one direction, which is forward, and does not go back (which makes a map unnecessary). The story is OK as motivation, the HOGs are competent, and you get to think a bit as you move forward.
There aer better games, but also worse. It is OK
October 11, 2013
Pointless, boring and stupid HOG
Howlville is aptly named because it is a dog.
What I liked: The art in the scenes
What I disliked: The art in the HOS and the lack of a plot and the lack of any intelligent thought in the play.
This game featured some easy puzzles and some that were too awful to attempt. The awful ones had extremely long waits until I could skip them. The HOS varied between well drawn and absolutely terrible. There were far too many items which were so dark as to be invisible. I spent over a month trying to get interested enough to finish this game and could not force myself to play it. It lacks any semblance of continuity because there is no logic why one would do the next step in the game. Keep the walk through open because you will need it every few seconds. Awful. The plot was stupid and certainly not entertaining. The best thing about this game was finally finishing it. I did not find it entertaining at all.
August 18, 2012
hidden object game
the game did nothing for me far to many hog and very little story line
July 8, 2012
DID NOT ENJOY
HO scenes dominated. I got sick of them! Also, some objects were so small - almost impossible to find. Hints were limited, so I ended up randomly clicking to find the last one or two items.
Explanation for some puzzles were not sufficient to figure out what to do.
Kind of stupid story. I got tired of reading, "Lock is closed."
All in all - a disappointment.
July 23, 2012
Mostly Hidden Object Scenes!!!!!
I love HOG'S as much as the next girl, but periodically, not one every two seconds! This game is seriously pretty much all HOS'S. You still move around and explore..., but the HOS are what your mostly going to find! If your into that, You will adore this game. If not.....its not for you. It was a pity too, because this game had okay graphics, and the storyline was actually interesting. Try the demo and get a feel for it. Trust me the hour is all you'll need to know whether or not you'll want to buy. Happy gaming gamers!!
June 25, 2013
Not so great
I'm not sure why this game scored so high on the reviews. I played the demo and it seemed like it would be a good game but unfortunately, the best part was the first couple of chapters. Here are the reasons why I scored this game so low:
1. Very, very simple and very linear. A beginner HOG for sure. I don't think I ever had more than 2 items in my inventory at any one time. There was no doubt as to what your next task would be or where your inventory items needed to be used. Not a lot of thinking required for this game. There wasn't any wandering around or maps needed. You went straight through to the end like an arrow.
2. Mini-games were either far too easy or extremely frustrating. Most didn't take much thinking, just patience and luck. Also, quite a few repeats; same game, different skin.
3. LOTS (and I do mean a LOT) of HOG scenes. It seemed like they were one right after the other at times. In addition, some items were so small, I only found them by random clicking. Small items in crowded "junk pile" scenes are very frustrating. Also, some items are misnamed or odd-looking so they're very hard to find or identify.
4. No real soundtrack other than annoying noises.
5. The demo allowed you to play the first 2 chapters which took me about 40 minutes at a leisurely pace. Since the game has a total of 5 chapters, I figured I'd at least get 1.5-2.5 hrs of play time. This was not the case. I finished the last 3 chapters in less than 25 minutes and was bored to death by the time I was at Chapter 4. After the demo portion ended, the game seemed to get much more simple and linear and..well...boring. It's a bare-bones HOG as far as content.
Kudos to the devs for overall good general graphics. The game played with no issues or bugs. That said, for a seasoned iHOG or HOG gamer. I feel the game is too simplified and far too linear. I was expecting a little more.
I would save this game for a $2.99 special or a freebie from your punch card but IMHO it's not worth $6.99 or a full credit.
July 19, 2012