Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues
Live Statues = Scary!
This game was a blast, though statues are scary as heck to me in real life. The interaction was the best in any game I've played so far. The graphics were sharp, sharp, sharp. Voiceovers were perfect...made the game really great. Puzzles were definitely a plus, none were impossible...which make them fun to do. I so didn't want this game to end. There better be a sequel to this!
December 31, 2012
Best Game EVER!!
This is my first review but I just had to post my enthusiastic endorsement of this game. It has everything you could ask for ? interactive HO scenes that were well-spaced and not excessive, cutscenes with extraordinary animation, clever captioning, unique puzzles, an amazing storyline, and characters (like the miner and the rooster) that will captivate you from start to finish. It also has a map which tells you where you need to go next and allows you to jump to that location so you are not running around aimlessly. I hope the Elephant programmers continue this level of quality gaming as I will be sure to look for their products first.
December 23, 2012
I enjoyed all facets of the game. I love exquisite visuals in a game, and this was one of the best I've played. The storyline was great. I enjoyed the fact of having "good" statues and "bad" statues. Overall a good game to purchase.
December 3, 2012
I really enjoyed this game. I played this at the intermediate level and it was challenging, but not so hard that it wasn't fun. I definitely would recommend this game.
December 1, 2012
This was a really fun game, I enjoyed it!
I have been with big fish for many years, and have played many many games. Not since Mystery Case Files have I enjoyed a hidden object game. Realy different, and the puzzles we fun! And it isn't super dark, so you cannot see anything.
October 7, 2012
Royal Detective: The Lord of Statues
the best for people like me i love the mini games and long games
July 20, 2012
Loved the little helpers. want more of this
July 15, 2012
Excellent game with numerous puzzles end good HOS
3 modes of gameplay: casual, advanced and hardcore
No journal only map which shows you places where you can do something, places where you should come back later, also it allows you to travel
Beside hint button, during the game you will collect several live statues that will help you along the way
HOS are very well done, objects are not too hard to spot, interactive, with lots of color
Puzzles are fun and relaxing, some are quite challenging so you need to think a bit harder but then again it makes it more entertaining
Graphics are good, sharp, nicely done characters and locations
Story is quite intriguing ? live statues, some are good some are evil, discover who is behind it all
Verdict: definitely a good choice, for all adventure and puzzle lovers
March 22, 2013
Elephant strikes again... LOL... and does it right
Yes, another good release from this inventive developer, light-hearted in spite of a horrible three-headed monster, with plenty of nice features.
I can only sum these up, as one member already wrote a remarkably comprehensive well-structured review [take a look above] and I have no wish to repeat what she said.
I simply agree with her on virtually every she said, that is:
- very good graphics, highly pleasant to the eye
- plenty of hints on Casual, which is good for me as I am not too good at HO Scenes, which in addition are not that easy as they look in this game
- 3 games modes, from Casual to Hardcore
- a good balance in the amount of HO Scenes - Adventure - Puzzles
- inventive puzzles and minigames
- nothing neither too difficult nor too easy; the game is just right for good fun with an overall decent challenge level that deserves a 3.5 rating [if we had decimals, that is]
- absence of repetitiveness
- plenty of locales to visit
- fluid navigation with a map and instant warping
- 7 chapters for the SE plus an extra one in the CE
- music isn't bad, comes up briefly at certain times to enhance a scene and is never annoying
- cute gnome, nice rooster [play the demo to see what they do]
- a fair amount of humor
A couple of restrictions though mainly regarding
- the "adventure" side: the "useful" objects and their application are rather standard and not overly original...well, that's what you should expect after playing 300+ HOPAs...LOL.
- the story which doesn't offer anything new nor truly exciting, although it is fairly solid and seems to unfold well, jugding by the demo [there again, that's the penalty for playing so many games !]
- the voice-over that doesn't sound natural
- the intro and cutscenes which are below what today's graphic cards can do.
I will probably settle for the SE, but I also recommend the CE to those who value all the additums it contains.
July 14, 2012
I was just playing along on this one, and BAM! just that fast, it was over. What? Not even a kiss good night? LOL
I should probably preface this by saying: I don't review ANYTHING unless I buy it. Period. I don't think it's a fair review if you don't go through the whole game, including the bonus if it's a CE so you can tell everyone whether you think the extras are worth the bucks. But that's just me. From that, of course, you can deduce that I bought this and played it all the way through.
- Offers full/widescreen option (love this, even though it doesn't always work)
- Pretty graphics (I've seen better, but still, very pretty)
- 3 play options
- Jumpable map
- HOs had some multi-parts
- HOs are all junk pile, sorry but yeah
- Storyline ended v. abruptly (I'm reviewing the SE because that's what I bought)
- This is a VERY fast playing game - and I'm not flattering myself here. I'm not a fast player. I classify myself as a beginner (I'm not one of those '3-4 hours to finish an SE game' so if I finished it between yesterday and early this afternoon as a BEGINNER, how fast are YOU going to?)
- No journal, but it wasn't really needed because of the jumpable map
I downloaded this game with very high expectations based on the reviews and... it just didn't meet them. The end was a *huge* letdown. The graphics, though nice, weren't anything special by today's standards. If we had the option of a 3.5 star rating, I'd award Lord of Statues 3.5. Like I said, a letdown.
I recommend it, but I'd only buy it with a code or on a sale.
July 20, 2012