Sable Maze: Sullivan River Collector's Edition
Fun for Some
Liked the audio thats how I fell into purchasing it. Then I found real characters instead of 3D as well as the hidden objects where annoying. The 2 step objects are usually highlighted but in this game not all were. So I spent more time clicking then doing. It just didn't turn out to be the kind of game I keep waiting for. To FLAT, more kid's style.
October 1, 2012
Campfire ghost story
This game reminds me of the horror stories told around the campfire when I was a kid. Once you've played an hour or so, the storyline becomes predictable. Good strategy guide, but not really necessary, because the game isn't that difficult. Live actors used for the ghosts, but the most evil tree is a little too cartoony. Good vocals. Very good ambient sounds. Sad music. Graphics are grainy in HOS, but the cut scenes have great graphics. Some of the puzzles are new, others are standard.
November 18, 2012
Big Fish Games is my go to for a mental get-a-way,
so when I invest approx. $14.00 in a game I, myself
want to be invested.
This doesn't occur with Sable Maze.
It's far to easy, even on 'Hard' mode.
It wasn't challenging or exciting.
I just wanted to get through it, be done, so I could
October 13, 2012
Just a so so game
While others raved I expected it to knock my socks off. I played in Casual mode. It's a good game but nothing exciting and new in the trial.
Positives: no penalty for over clicking in HOs,
Hint button charges quickly and points where you need to go, the skip button in puzzles charges very quickly
I'm still waiting for more games like Mystery Case Files 13th skull where real people talk to you, give you clues about how to help them before they will help you.
October 2, 2012
Boring to death
This game is just simply average. It does not feature anything new. The story line is boring to death. The game environment is way too small. Anymations are questionable so the sound FX.
I did not even bother playing the bonus chapter.
C+ is a fair rating.
November 22, 2012
fun but not woth the CE edition
i found this game very fun but it was not anything of what i thought it would be first of all it only had about 20 hidden object scenes and it did not last as long as i thought it would in about 17 hour i beat it overall it was a ok game
October 6, 2012
I really can't say much about this game but It has a good story line and that is about it I have been playing for about 20 min and I can't play it any more cause the game its self is lame. I wished I haven't spent my money on it Its is not worth it save your dime.
October 2, 2012
I really don't know what to say about this one... Not bad, but definitely not very good, either.
"Sable Maze: Sullivan River" has been giving me headaches ever since I finished it. It's really quite puzzling. While I was playing it I was quite engrossed in it, but when I finished it, I wasn't so sure I even liked it anymore. However, I have no doubt that it is an entertaining game, that happens to have an amazing background story and a good atmosphere.
Here's probably why I didn't liked it:
- One of the things I have no doubt contributed to my befuddlement on whether or not I liked the game was that there are a bit too many hidden objects scenes, and when that happens it bores me incredibly and makes the game tedious;
- Maybe it's the not very interesting, washed-out look. The artwork and the graphics were definitely not bad, but I have seen so much, much better and so, I think it detracted from an overall satisfying experience.
- Another thing that unfortunately happens very, very frequently in these games and that just leaves me raging mad. They always end the games in a rather brute manner. Yay, you just saved the way and now everything is fine! (Not quite, since there is almost always a sequel...) And that's it. It happened in "Sullivan River" and it left me very disappointed. Here's why: the storyline is definitely the best thing that this game has to offer, and so, it was not only interesting and compelling but original, and was explored in some depth (even more in the bonus chapter). It told us about how "Sullivan River" got its name, how the Tree of Wishes came to be, who was the Dryad, and what happened all those years ago in our protagonist's life. You actually feel that the writers took their time to create such an incredibly well polished story. And then, the game ends like that. Not only in the main game but also in the bonus chapter. So much is left unsaid after so much has been given.
Now here's what I liked:
- The atmosphere is very, very good. Creepy alright;
- The music is also very fitting to the environment and was nice to my ears;
- The storyline, of course! As I have mentioned in a review before, saving children in peril were never my cup of tea, but "Sable Maze" managed to make everything different because of the amazing story. I just loved the premise of an "evil" maze where you could get lost forever and never be seen again. Just the ideia is very opressive. And it also helps that the mystery unfolds very nicely;
- The bonus chapter is amazing. I liked the story better in this one, what with all the exploration regarding the Celtic heritage of the place;
That's it. I give it a 3 and a half stars rating. I totally recommend that you try it before anything else because although it offers a wonderful and original story, it has nothing more worthwhile left. Nice to spend some time, though.
September 2, 2013
Where's the orb???
Game was good overall. Interesting if fantasical storyline. Map takes you places, but doesn't tell you where there are things to accomplish. Played the bonus chapter, which had a sort of slowed down pace from rest of the game.
Got to the very end, but NO ORB!! HOS where it was supposed to be located never highlighted, so I could not get it. Very disappointing ending, so I abandoned the game.
June 28, 2013
I played about 40 mins of the demo before I deleted. I was just bored!
The graphics were grainy and dark, the puzzles were not challenging and all the same as we have seen so many times in other games. The HOS were okay and were interactive but again easy.
Not for me I'm afraid.
October 2, 2012