Web of Deceit: Black Widow Collector's Edition
For those of you who have an insect phobia (especially spiders), then this game isn't for you. On the plus side, the spiders are robotic and there are some beautiful butterflies.
Storyline - Excellent. You must defeat Morgana and her evil plans. No, she's not a witch, just weird. :-D
IHOS - Fairly clear with the usual large and small items. Some players may consider these to be "junk piles".
Inventory - Items used quickly in other areas.
Live Actors/VOS - Excellent.
Journal - Keeps record of information and photos acquired in searches and has a map. Also contains repeated video clips which can be skipped.
Hint - Moderate recharge and acts as a guide.
Puzzles - Usual variety of difficulty levels.
Skip - Reacharges quickly.
Misclick Penalty - None
As in most games I've played, there is a great deal of backtracking. There are many scenes to visit repeatedly.
Since this was a CE, there is the usual bonus play which I didn't get involved with.
Can't comment on the music because, as in any game I play, I tune it out.
Take a chance on this game. I don't think you'll be disappointed but to each his/her own. :-D
November 5, 2012
I hate spiders and put off purchasing this because of it. So glad I got past that or I would have missed a great game. Different games then normal, not mundane some hard some boringly slow process. Got lost a few times but not as bad as some. Did think it ended a little less than spectacular for such a long game. All in all I will most likely play again on different level. I don't give out many 5's so this really is a 4+++ Have fun it made my Halloween less boring.
November 4, 2012
Some of the puzzles are different , good for a change
October 14, 2012
This game is fantastic in every gatagory. Drama, spookiness, intrigue, the scenes are well done, oh my gosh all I can say is the Devs out did themselves and brought us a new fresh kind of entertainment. Not for people who are scared of fake spiders, some are, but glad Im not one of them. this is one of the best I have played in months. Thankyou for bringing into my home some fun entertainment.
October 15, 2012
Why I won't be buying Web of Deceit
This review is based on the demo, as you might guess from its title. Note, I don't mind spiders, so that's not the reason I'm not buying it! Before I give the reasons, here are some positives:
* the graphics and the sound are good. In fact the graphics are of a high standard and give a good atmosphere to the game
* the storyline sounds as if it might be ok though I didn't get far enough to really find out. However I like the idea of someone using mechanical insects
Quite a few things grated with me in this game.
* the video sequences with the characters, instead of adding to the game, subtract from it because the characters take so long to say things and indulge in ridiculous overacting.
* every time you look at something or get something you can interact with, you get words to the effect "I can use something here". EVERY time. Now I am all for not having too much of a hint (as in "if only I could find a bit of broken glass I could cut this"), but there are lots of other possibilities. So, if there's a ticket machine, I don't think it's giving anything away to say "I'll need to find a ticket for this". Also, I found that it wasn't at all obvious what the "something" might be as I didn't know what bit of the object was the problem. It just got to be really irritating (and that's not even in the full game).
* the minigames. Well, I only did two. The first was ok but fairly easy and the second was so easy I couldn't believe what I was doing was really right (but the door opened ok).
* story. Seemed ok as far as I got although there were various things that weren't really clear. Also, in the introduction (this isn't really giving anything away), why are you just sitting there while someone is wrapped up in a web and dragged away in front of your eyes? Are you paralysed by fright (if you don't like spiders you should stay on the train)? Why don't you do something? That's the sort of small detail which makes or mars a game.
So, sorry, I won't be buying this one, though others have obviously enjoyed it, and you, dear reader, assuming you've got this far, might too.
November 9, 2012
What a waste of time....
Makes me wonder if I played the same game that others did?? IMO it was sooo terrible - even if the game was free I won't even bother downloading. Complete waste of time.
The speech was slow and the actors were irritating to watch thank goodness one can skip it and read the journal instead. .
One thing good is the interactive map so if only for that I give them 2stars.
Lately we've had great games so I will my spend hard earned cash for better games. But do give it a go ...a lot of Fishies liked it so perhaps it's only me.
October 27, 2012
I Really, Really Loved This Game!!!
This game had it all, acceptable music (no accordions), nifty mini-games, and a plausible story line.
After I discovered the facts the villainess became a somewhat sympathetic figure although murder for revenge's sake is just plain wrong.
You gotta admit, the little mechanical spider in the bonus section was kinda cute.
As for the human actors, they did drag things out a bit but what the hey. It looks like they were very pleased with themselves and happy to have an acting job. Campy, that's my take on it.
I very much recommend this game!
October 30, 2012
Good Game with a Different Storyline
I usually play a different game everyday and I really enjoyed this one. Puzzles and HOS's were enjoyable and harder than average. Graphics were excellent and the acting of the characters wasn't too bad either. I definitely recommend this game.
October 17, 2012
The graphics are great and the music is good. Has voice over. The hint button works good but a little slow. The HOS are good some you really need to look for. The puzzles are challenging. What I did not like was you had to listen to all the talking or not at all. Could not speed it up. If you click on anything you skipped it all. The other thing is that you had to do lots of going back and forth to do things and find things to use. Not a bad game just lots to do.
May 10, 2013
I played this one when it first out and never give a review. So I'm just say, I do really enjoy and having fun playing this game from beginning 'til the end. Love it! One of my favorite list games I ever played.
Thank you Blam Games as developer you do make a good job! I hope the next sequel will be good too or even better!
April 6, 2013