Haunted Halls: Revenge of Doctor Blackmore
If you want to play all the episodes, just go ahead.
There's nothing really new.
Graphics are good, but the music got on my nerves, so I switched it off.
The game is totally linear, far too easy, minigames offer no challenge whatsoever... moreover, they get repeated again and again: mix some stuff, concoct a potion, make soap...
There is some interactivity in the HOS, but the dev's ran out of inspiration and the last chapter of the game is nothing but a succession of HOS, intermixed with some very easy and straightforward interactive things to do.
That's it... no need for a map, no need for a strategy guide, no need for a helpfull hint button.
It took me about 4 hours to finish the lot.
Dev's should learn to abstain from rechewing the same stuff over and over again, especially when they run out of inspiration.
I cannot really recommend the game, but again, if you want to play the whole series, then you must go ahead. And we are forewarned: a fourth installment is on its way.
October 20, 2012
I'm sorry I bought it, really. Why?
- The story is a bit stupid and not very funded on any deeper-going psychology; it's just this villain again, being obnoxious all the time, and you having to rescue four people before you can rescue your boyfriend.
- All the characters are very flat, nothing interesting there. Even the boyfriend doesn't have much more to say than 'the case isn't full yet" every time you return with another magic ball, and dr. Blackmore just keeps repeating himself.
- The graphics are a bit cartoon-like, they're OK I guess, but certainly not the best I've seen, and not one new scene I entered made me say 'o wow!'. It's all depressing, untidy and uncomfortable.
- Puzzles aren't really hard. Some kinds of puzzles keep returning (annoyingly enough) like the meters all to be set at the right values. The travelling laboratory is fun for one ore two times, but then I'm done with it.
So sorry guys - this game was just too easily made, and I'm not impressed.
November 19, 2012
First time to review a game.
This game was so disappointing. The first hour (as is the trial play) was ERS quality as expected. From there this game went downhill. The storyline was OK, but the artwork was dull, flat and uninteresting. I finished the game, but it is a "groaner."
October 24, 2012
love them all
This one is just as good as the others. I even like that it has a hint button but only tells you that there is nothing to do in that area. The graphics are great and the music is not bad. The HOS are few and different but fun. Not hard. The puzzles can be difficult at times. Has a good flow and not running all over the place too bad.
May 5, 2013
Pretty Good Game
This sequel leaves room for another sequel.
Some of the HO's are different
Hint system just lets you know nothing to do in a scene
Didn't need the SG
Minigames were not my thing
Journal is sometimes helpful
Not a bad game
November 4, 2012
The Kangaroo is Adorable!
I've played this game before. A good Hidden Object Adventure game.
October 20, 2012
Another great "Haunted Halls"
If you like the other games of the series, then you should get this one too! The crazy doc is back and you have to save four persons. I played first in Advanced mode but there is too much help, so I switched to Hard Core.
- The graphics are beautiful, crisp.
- The objects in the HOS are easy to find.
- The puzzles are really interesting and not too hard.
- You have a journal but no map. You don't need one since each chapter is in another location.
- The hint system is of the type "nothing to do here".
- The music is adding to the creepy atmosphere and the voice-overs are good.
- The game is not too short; it took me about 3 hours to finish.
The game is not as challenging as the previous ones, but I enjoyed every minute and would be happy to meet the doctor again!
October 22, 2012
At first i don't feel buying this game as I dislike the first one in the series. I finally bought this game using free game coupon so I think I have nothing to lose. Turns out it was pretty good, in my opinion so much better than the first one. There are many places to see and I especially like Chernobyl and Pompeii. Other thing that I like in this game is the cute baby animals like kitten, cub and bear, although I am not sure the purpose of having them there, doesn't really make any sense, like giving an iron tooth to a beaver? however it was pretty nice game. The ending however, does not. Not much conflict and just ends like that. If it was better, it could have been perfect score.
November 4, 2012
The graphics are great and the storyline is fun and interesting. Its not an easy game which makes it fun, I don't like games that are too easy. I do not have any negatives about this game and I would recommend you try it/buy it.
October 31, 2012
wonderful and great game (:
i loved the first part of that game and i love this part...just a amazing game, great graphic, great funfactor, great story and even the music in that game is great, love it and hope to see some more parts of my favorite game.
October 22, 2012