Ashes of Immortality
great game, few bugs
- beatiful story and nice concept
- loved playing it
- annoying bugs when the next quest was not triggered or flying with a bat into town gets you stuck in the room and you cannot progress unless you have a save
January 28, 2013
Looks like the original Nintendo games without any of the zip or quality
I got this for the kids after they'd worn out the Aveyond series, since this was supposed to be similar. At first, they were enjoying the challenge, but they kept getting stuck and asking for help. So, I finally sat down and tried it myself.
At first, I also enjoyed the plot and challenges. The interface and music reminded me a lot of the very first Final Fantasy games, which was kind of funky. But, as time went on, it got a lot less enjoyable.
I'm a programmer and am old enough to remember the time before the original video games, so maybe I'm overly picky, but...
1. A very primitive design, with unimaginative maps. In one area, you're in the pitch black and have to run a maze to find foes. When you're partway through the vertical or horizontal distance, you'll suddenly appear to have hit a wall, but if you keep your character moving, eventually the second half of the map kicks in...we're talking about 10+ seconds of constant keypress to kick this over (I timed it. WOW!
2. A lot of the interfaces won't work with a mouse; you have to use the keyboard to, for instance, try to "speak" with a character on the other side of a counter#
3# The foes and battles were inconsistent, jumping from super easy to near impossible without warning# This is based on numerous trials using different approaches#
4# Places weren't easily found#
5# I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume and idiocy of the misspellings and grammatical errors in dialogue and labels# Sloppy appearance = sloppy programming/testing = poor quality.
6. I inadvertently crashed the game by performing several expected actions; in each case I was able to replicate this crash. See the comment #5 above.
7. In a lot of cases, actions which shouldn't have been allowed were...for instance, Curing an ally who has full health...instead of disabling the option as was done with many other items/options in similar cases, it just lets you waste your MP.
In summary...I was intrigued at first, but quickly became disillusioned and disappointed. Definitely not up to the usual standards for games from Big Fish.
BTW..on the first read of the above as I posted it, some helpful gremlin inserted a whole bunch of pound signs for my periods. So, if it goes to press that way, sorry. :)
December 13, 2012
stuck will not let me go further
I have talked to everyone been every where finished quest but can not go any further at the beginning of game. The game does not give me a clue how to get this girl to move out of the way just that she is fine where she is at!
February 25, 2013
Everything was bad.
Everything about this game was bad.
I wasted my time downloading it.
January 24, 2013