Dark Mysteries: The Soul Keeper Collector's Edition
Love the art work
Just finished and LOVED the artwork. Have played a few new ones and they forgot? how to use their craft? Not, this game, it has it all fun, beautiful artwork and good story line. It was fun to see the crew, creating in the extras.
December 18, 2012
Meh -- Not So Much
I finished the demo, but this is a definite no-buy for me. Too dark, HOS are not really challenging, not much of a storyline.
December 13, 2012
Downloaded the demo,played for about 10-15 minutes got bored and uninstalled it.
This is another HOG based on Lovecraft story but I found it dull,amateurish and maybe too basic for my liking. There's nothing spectacular with the artwork (too colourful for dark theme HOG),music and voice acting was boring,way too many HOS than puzzles. Overall this game didn't impress me enough to buy the full version.
I highly suggest players to get Haunted Hotel Charles Dexter Ward instead of this.
January 17, 2013
An entertaining game, but it doesn't keep you hooked.
This game was really beautiful to look at, and the hidden objects scenes were mildly entertaining, but it doesn't draw you in.
- Really beautiful graphics and artwork, a pleasure to look at.
- Equally beautiful character artwork;
- Nice music. The one that played whenever a ghost showed up was really eerie;
- The hidden objects artwork was beautiful and crisp, so I enjoyed playing them;
- Curwen's voice-over was nice;
- The development video in the extras was nice and really interesting to see;
- Fun puzzles as well as nice gameplay;
- Uninteresting storyline. The story, although the main focus of the game, feels very thin. I never cared about what was going on. The characters didn't help, too. I never cared about them, either. Not even the ghosts...;
- All the characters' voice-overs (except for the revenant's) were awful to listen to, especially Ward's;
- The bonus chapter was just like the main game. The only good thing was the artwork;
This is a game I probably won't play again. It had high-production, no doubt about it. I feel bad for the developers who clearly loved what they were doing, but I couldn't appreciate this game. Uninteresting game, overall. Except for the artwork, that is. However, it still can provide you with some fun since the puzzles, as well as the HO are fun to play.
May 27, 2013
Heck. I knew I would like this game as soon as I started to play. The audio itself is good, but I am not too crazy about the character voices.
Otherwise, it is a fun, cool game!
December 11, 2012