The Curse of the Werewolves
I need new glasses!
I agree, some items were extremely small and the areas were way too dark. Graphics seemed good, music okay (I like sound FX, but not necessarily music), HOGs were pretty much junk piles. Some movements were a bit choppy.
This could have been a very nice little game without much help. I couldn't finish the demo, because I got a headache trying to find some items. Not worth it to me..guess my eyes are too old. Too bad.
As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. I have recommended this game because people with better eyes might like it. Thanks for the reviews.
December 19, 2012
Ok HOG did not like the fact there was no hint button outside of the HOG's I spent the last 10 min of my free play trying to figure out what to do next. Not a game I will buy but I might use one of my free game coupons.
December 19, 2012
It was awful, stupid storyline and total waste of time.
December 22, 2012
Oh boy. This game was ah-mah-zing.
I don't get the many bad reviews this game got at all.
It was such a creepy and eerie experience. I felt like I was in a horror movie. The atmosphere was just brilliant. I never needed to look at the walkthrough for this game at all. Not even once. And most of the time I usually do because I just lose my way, however, this didn't happen in "The Curse of the Werewolves" because I became completely enthralled in the game, because the map was extremely useful and also because the item interactions you were supposed to do were blantantly obvious. I have read in a review here that the search scenes can be zoomed in again even though there is nothing more to do in them, but when you pick up or interact with everything you can in such scenes, they automatically close and that's how you know there's nothing more for you to do there even though you can still zoom in.
- Almost palpable and breathing atmosphere. Just brilliant. Every little thing contributed to it. The nicely told and unfolded storyline, the effects, the artwork, the sound and the music. Un-be-li-evable.
- The ambient sounds and the music were pratically always the same but they didn't bothered me not even once. That is definitely a feat. The footsteps sound effects were delightful, too not to mention the howling sounds outside. Top notch;
- The effects were beautiful. The dust falling all around the mansion, the lamps or the lit candles, the moonlight. So beautiful;
- The artwork is the bomb, too. The mansion is so beautiful to look at. My favorite location was the dinning room with the creepy wolf head above the fireplace. The scenes are more dark than usual but that's part of the story and the setting and enveloped everything in an incredible aura of mystery;
- The hidden objects scenes weren't few but they were a pleasure for me to play and I love when that happens. Although some of the objects were very small, they were still pretty easy for me to spot. The HO scene I liked the most was the one inside Robert's house. The artwork was beautiful;
- The puzzles weren't very tough but not very easy either. I was really pleased that I didn't had to skip any!;
- The storyline, although not original, was a delight for me since I love the ideia of werewolves. It was also very well achieved throughout the locations (the dead bodies, the splattered blood all over, the silence...);
- Ashley's voice-over (she's the only one who gets to talk apart from the wolf) was very, very good and not annoying for me at all. Very believable!;
- I really wished the game would have been longer... It wasn't very short, but it could have lasted more. I wish it did...;
- The bonus chapter was really, really short. I still loved it, but when I got to the end all I could think about was "that's it?";
- The collector's (or premium) edition isn't really worth it. For me it was since I completely loved the game and wanted more apart from the main game, but, as I mentioned above, the bonus chapter is very short and all that you have left after that are wallpapers and just three of them. Not even concept art... :(;
Overall, this was one of the best games I ever played. So atmospheric and so beautiful looking... The storyline is also very good and it doesn't leave too many questions unanswered and that's great in these types of games.
I'm really saddened by all the bad reviews people gave this gem but the game being absolutely awesome more than makes up for it.
So much, much more!
May 14, 2013
Hard on the eyes. Don't know how the game progressed I stop at the first HO'S. What happened who ever did this game.
May 10, 2013
I hated this game
I kept finding objects and was never able to figure out where they go. The lack of a help button outside of the HOS was frustrating to say the least. I saw that some people were able to make it through using the walk through. I did see a walk through for this and I looked. I wish I hadn't wasted on of my free game credits on this one but it was getting ready to expire and I didn't want to lose it. I would have been better off. This game stinks.
March 24, 2013
Much better than it's rating
Excellent graphics, good story line, plenty challenging and plenty long. Don't know what it has a lore rating, it's great!
March 1, 2013
I guess I cannot get past the muddy graphics. Everything is so small and dark. It does not challenge as much as annoy. I got through most of the free demo and realized I would rather let a free game coupon expire than play this.
March 1, 2013
i just found myself really bored. They should just toss this game out
February 28, 2013
Hidden Objects too dark
I don't like HO's when they are dark on dark background.
The game itself is a bit mundane as you just trawl around.
Some puzzles were good as that is what I like to do as there is more of a challenge there.
The ending explains what happened in a summary, so if you have got that far, don't skip it.
February 5, 2013