Ancient Rome 2
Fun and a little different
I enjoyed the game. I like other strategy games like My kingdom, and Road to Rome, this is slightly different, but well worth it!
January 15, 2013
NO! so ninety's!
sorry, but I liked it once, in the 90's!
why such poor graphics?
wast of time
January 9, 2013
Not really any challenge
Boring... just click and build...
January 9, 2013
not fun at all, was boring. if you like unchallenged games this is for you.
January 7, 2013
Great Game to Spend Time on
i missed the old games of Caesar and Pharaoh that i used to play when i was younger, just really simple city-building games like this. the steps to build the city is really easy, uncomplicated. the only con is that the levels are pretty repetitive and not really challenging. once you have a pattern of a good city, you can basically use it for all the levels. But it's still great fun to play.
May 19, 2013
Interface & game mechanics need improvement...
*sigh* I was so looking forward to this one...the rare resource management game with no timer. Sadly, there were too many interface and game mechanics issues to overlook.
1. The inability to move/rotate buildings caused repetitive "there are no roads to this building" messages. You had to delete and rebuild rather than simply move or rotate. Annoying.
2. Even though I always built a tax collector, that meter was always at zero. Apparently, no one wanted to pay taxes in my cities, or my tax collector was inept.
3. An "undo" button would have been great, especially when building roads.
4. The tutorial and instructions were sketchy, leaving you to figure out an awful lot on your own.
5. I had the sound volume all the way up, yet still always missed the sound meaning something was on fire. As a result, things often burned to the ground before I realized it. Also, at times I was unable to put the fire out myself by just clicking on it. When I tried, I was instructed to build another prefecture.
Overall, there were poor decisions made regarding which aspects were controlled by the game and which by the player. I can't recommend it unless improvements are made.
May 4, 2013
Love this game. Great strategy game. Loved the building and producing goods. Cant wait for Ancient Rome 3.
February 25, 2013
I have played a lot of games in the last ten years and this is one of the best ever. I have played all of the levels at least once and nearly twice.I lke the pace, almost as slow as you like. l also iike the chance to 'build' a city. The sound and graphics could certainly use improvement.i would like more challenging levels where supplies are lacking or Rome is more demanding, to make it more fun to play again,
February 11, 2013
FUN CITY/ECONOMY BUILDING GAME
I love city building games and I enjoyed playing this game. Growing, building, trading, mining, fighting, etc., and keeping everyone happy is challenging at times but fun. I liked how the game became more challenging with each of the 30 scenarios. I completed it in a couple days but will enjoy playing again and again. There is also a sandbox option that becomes available.
February 8, 2013
I really Liked it
This one is way better than the 1st one. Once you figured out some tips to avoid fires and make money faster it wasn't as challenging. I would have liked it more if there was a time limt to complete the goals so maybe you would have a gold, silver ect.. level. I did like it and hope they make another one.
February 1, 2013