Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma Collector's Edition
OK, I'll give it a bump
This game may not be for the hardcore, expert, I don't need no stinkin' sparkles/hints/maps crowd but it sure is pretty and it gave me lots of enjoyment. Is it worth it as a CE? Maybe not because. as others have said, you don't need the Strategy Guide (I never even looked at it) and the bonus chapter was no great shakes. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I recognize a couple of HOS lifted directly from an earlier game from this developer in the bonus round. And there's still the occasional "lost in translation factor" in some item descriptions.
Nonetheless, I can heartily recommend the SE version or the CE if you can get it at a discount.
Bottom line is that I've played a couple of these games now and I'll probably buy the next one as well because I got my money's worth both times.
January 24, 2013
A good sequel to the first but wait for the SE
If you liked the first, then you should play this game. You don't need the CE, however, as the bonus game is full of scenes and HOS directly copied from the first and the second regular game. It is also very short. If this is the only difference between the SE and CE, then I feel robbed for buying the CE.
The game is heavy on HOS and light on minigames. The time travel aspect keeps it from being just another HOG.
However, in addition to a bad bonus game ( the first game had a good one), there are several things that make this not as good as the first.
Again you can't turn off the annoying voiceovers, which is always a minus for me because then I have to play on mute.
Even on expert mode, you are prompted to scenes where there is something to do. You can't avoid it, because you have to use the time machine to travel.
My recommendation is to buy the SE if you liked the first.
January 19, 2013
Map in time travelling form
I didn't buy the game because I found the time travel screen impossibly repetitive. I get it I'm going through time but everytime I change location it runs again. The graphics are great the game play is enjoyable al beit a bit easy. I tentatively don't recommend this game
January 16, 2013
How many centuries to go back just to light a candle?
Good storyline, and the producers stuck to it. There was so much going back and forth that if I didn't have the CE I probably would have given up. I have to give credit for originality--it's the first time I've seen a "Steampunk" circular saw featured. Other than that, the only thing that kept me in the game was the minigames.
March 18, 2013
This was good
I enjoyed the game though it was too easy to be called challenging. It was a great diversion.
Sometimes, I think I have been playing too long and am a bit jaded. I want every game to have the thrill of Dire Grove or 13 Skulls or MYST for that matter. But the fact is that I am past so many of what were once surprises and am able to anticipate the game moves ahead if it follows a logical sequence.
January 21, 2013
Ample HOS though there weren't enough puzzles for my liking.
I liked the map feature which allows u to transport to any scene in any 'time zone'. I used it more than the Hint button when I got stuck somewhere as it shows u where something needs to be done.
January 24, 2013
This game started off well, but something in the game just got me SO angry that I quit. It's a shame really, because this is quite a good game
This review is based on 33 minutes of the 1 hour free trial.
HOS & Puzzles
- Hos are great. If you don't want to do the junkpile scene, you can switch to a minigame, which I also found to be quite enjoyable.
- Depending on what puzzles you talk about, there were some good and bad ones. For example, the fuse one (the first one you run in to# was really annoying and I had to skip it. The crystal puzzle however, was a different story. This was easy for me and I enjoyed it.
HINT AND SKIP
- The hint took #approx# 18 sec to recharge.
- The skip took #approx# 50 sec to recharge.
- The hint was very useful untill you got the map. If you needed to be in a different location, instead of telling you, it just directed you to the map. This is what got me really angry, and is the main reason why this game fails. I found this to be time consuming.
- A diary was used to keep note of everything you did in the game.
- There is a time machine which acts like a map that you acquire early in to the game. I really hated this map, because
#a# the hint directed you to it.
#b# the map would tell you there were tasks that needed to be completed, but sometimes you didnt need to be there. I would need to use a hint to tell me WHERE I needed to go on the map.
- Strategy guide is included, and my advice would be to use it over the hint. The startegy guide indicates there are 7 chapters #including bonus#
GRAPHICS & VOICE-OVERS
- As usual,the graphics are stunning. Artwork and animations are fantastic. Really felt like a 2013 game.
- Voice-overs are also good, a mixture of British & American accents #mostly british). the voice-artists have voiced the characters really well.
The storyline is kind of a medieval legends/sci-fi one set in 1796. The storyline looked to be very promising and I would have liked to have continued on, had it not been for the ridiculous map.
So in conclusion, Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma's content was great, but the game really failed to deliver. I can't even recommend the SE.
January 19, 2013
Not that great
This one was confusing and not all that interesting. The games were very easy, the HOs were very easy; nothing about this game screams, "PAY $14." not worth it. I didnt bother finishing the demo.
January 17, 2013
Horrible for a Collector's Edition
The first two in the series were great. I really enjoyed them. This one was WAY too easy - the mini games all had hints, even though I turned off the tutorial. And the whole game was WAY TOO short!!! Very disappointing. What a waste.
February 4, 2013
Hope this is not the final
Loved this game, a change from the ordinary and enjoyed every single minute of it. The story line was great and kept your interest, hope another one comes out soon would buy without even playing the demo !! Great Game
February 1, 2013