Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma Collector's Edition
my review was grate thought it was a good and fun game thanks for leting me try it out
January 17, 2013
much ,to do
i did not care for this game, to much do to. maybe somebody else would like it.
January 13, 2013
If you like very easy games ...
... then this is most probably the one you should try.
The graphics are in general well done, cut-scenes overall very good, pretty good voice-overs, eventhough a couple of scenes are very blurred and simply don't meet my taste.
I did buy one installment of this series, but honestly I guess I just outgrew this kind of game. It's extremely easy, absolutely no challenge, even if you play in expert mode (I'm not sure what the difference is between standard and expert mode in this game as you always get hints); the problem with this game is that you jump from one year to the other, and you have to use the time zeptre to do so, and hence you see exactly in which scene there is a task to do; at least in expert mode they could have left that out. Where's all the fun in seeking?
The mini puzzles are ridiculously easy, absolutey nothing new, the HOS are standard. Overall this game is just another disappointment.
I also didn't "feel" the story as you always have to go backwards and forwards in time. Then the style of music changes and considering that you stay in a scene for rather a short time, I've found this extremely annoying.
Furthermore, having finished the demo I was almost at the end of chapter 3 and there are 6 chapters in total, plus a bonus chapter - so I guess this is a very short game and most certainly not worthy a collector's edition.
This game might be fun for kids but most certainly would not be appreciated by people who love a good game play.
January 13, 2013
I don't get the attraction - TEDIOUS!
BASED ON GAME PLAY IN EXPERT MODE - Still sparkles on HOS.
Based on the wildly rave reviews I was expecting something polished, imaginative, fun, and interesting. This game is none of these things. It is extremely tedious and time consuming without much beauty or action to keep things lively.
There is one gimmick and it is put to constant use- A special time portal device requiring at least 3 clicks to get the gamer deposited into to different points in time and space.
Based on the game construct the player hops back and forth and back and forth and back and forth to these various eras and places acquiring odds and ends to make potions, repair tools, find odd-ball shapes that will open something that also contains an odd-ball shape for later use.
HOS are mildly interactive, not creative or intricate. Match-3 is an alternate to each HOS, but somehow even that is made trying. A nice feature is that clicking on a list item will reveal the shape.
Mini-Games are few and easy to pass by without realizing much has happened. Many were push these stones or these metal hands or these levers in the correct order.
I don't recommend this game for those who love HOS because there isn't much to see or do. The items are very mundane and without detail.
I don't recommend this game for those who love mini-games or puzzles because there isn't much there either.
Maybe this is one for those who like adventure, although I didn't find much of that either.
As always I applaud the hard work that went into constructing any game and am glad that so many enjoy it. It's just that for me it's a zero and I can't recommend.
May 2, 2013
Not worthy of being a CE
I'm not sure I would even buy the SE. I own nearly every CE from the past 5 years and this game wouldn't even qualify back then. Way to easy! Jumping back and forth between time periods where they show you exactly where to go is boring. I think it may be too short for me too.
January 13, 2013
This game started off well, but something in the game just got me SO angry that I quit. It's a shame really, because this is quite a good game
This review is based on 33 minutes of the 1 hour free trial.
HOS & Puzzles
- Hos are great. If you don't want to do the junkpile scene, you can switch to a minigame, which I also found to be quite enjoyable.
- Depending on what puzzles you talk about, there were some good and bad ones. For example, the fuse one (the first one you run in to# was really annoying and I had to skip it. The crystal puzzle however, was a different story. This was easy for me and I enjoyed it.
HINT AND SKIP
- The hint took #approx# 18 sec to recharge.
- The skip took #approx# 50 sec to recharge.
- The hint was very useful untill you got the map. If you needed to be in a different location, instead of telling you, it just directed you to the map. This is what got me really angry, and is the main reason why this game fails. I found this to be time consuming.
- A diary was used to keep note of everything you did in the game.
- There is a time machine which acts like a map that you acquire early in to the game. I really hated this map, because
#a# the hint directed you to it.
#b# the map would tell you there were tasks that needed to be completed, but sometimes you didnt need to be there. I would need to use a hint to tell me WHERE I needed to go on the map.
- Strategy guide is included, and my advice would be to use it over the hint. The startegy guide indicates there are 7 chapters #including bonus#
GRAPHICS & VOICE-OVERS
- As usual,the graphics are stunning. Artwork and animations are fantastic. Really felt like a 2013 game.
- Voice-overs are also good, a mixture of British & American accents #mostly british). the voice-artists have voiced the characters really well.
The storyline is kind of a medieval legends/sci-fi one set in 1796. The storyline looked to be very promising and I would have liked to have continued on, had it not been for the ridiculous map.
So in conclusion, Time Mysteries: The Final Enigma's content was great, but the game really failed to deliver. I can't even recommend the SE.
January 19, 2013
Not that great
This one was confusing and not all that interesting. The games were very easy, the HOs were very easy; nothing about this game screams, "PAY $14." not worth it. I didnt bother finishing the demo.
January 17, 2013
Horrible for a Collector's Edition
The first two in the series were great. I really enjoyed them. This one was WAY too easy - the mini games all had hints, even though I turned off the tutorial. And the whole game was WAY TOO short!!! Very disappointing. What a waste.
February 4, 2013