Dark Canvas: A Brush With Death Collector's Edition
Okay for beginners
I expected a lot more from this game. It has promise, but it was very limited in the story line and the general layout. The story was obvious and whilst it kept me occupied for a little while I would not say it rates with so many other really good Collector's Editions...
It was too short for a CE and I have come away from it feeling it was dull, so it probably was.
Not for people who enjoy a long game with a good story line, lots of locations and a challenge.
January 20, 2013
way better than yesterday
I liked the demo enough to buy the game, but I finished it in 2 hours. I like my CE games to last at least 3 hours. Kudos to the devs who can make a game last longer than that.
The game it's self was nice and I liked the storyline. I was bummed out when I realized who the bad person was, and that was the first time I heard the lady's voice.
Do we really need the stereotype characters.
The visual quality can get a bit cartoony at times, but It didn't bother me.
Infact the only thing that did bother me was the fake accent of the lady.
January 17, 2013
Another Great One For Some
I tire of the schizophrenic scramble these developers are taking these days. Was this another great one for Elephant?? Yes, it has some new twists that are much needed in HOG'S these days. Are the Graphics superb? Yes. All developers can take lessons from Elephant. For me I will pass because my life is a scramble and I like something to make me relax...not feel shredded in the story plot of running to and fro. I will recommend this game because this is right up a lot of alleys! :-)
January 21, 2013
Completed Game Review
Story was boring, extra games were simple, showed no challenge. Hard to see hidden objects but completed game without using help. Just another HO game I could not wait to finish. Kind of a snooze.
March 23, 2013
This game was way too short. What a waste of money. And I will seriously consider not buying any more games that don't let you lock the inventory. Drives me crazy not to have it stationery!
January 26, 2013
Vast Games Deliver Another Dud!
Vast games have not given me many games to smile about, and this was no exception. I played 40 minutes of the trial before declaring this a no-go.
HINT AND SKIP
- Hint takes approx 1 minute to recharge.
- Skip takes approx 1 minute to recharge.
- There is a diary to keep track of your progress. The diary also contains Angie's sketchbook, which documents her story.
- While surfing through the diary, I also found a tab for achievements. There is nothing here that says what the achievements are or how to collect them, it simply says there are 15 achievements.
- A strategy guide is also featured, which I found very useful. If I was having a bit of trouble on the puzzles, or figuring out what to do next, opening this would help me a lot.
HOS & PUZZLES
- both were a bit challenging for me, but the HOS were easier.
- HOS included extra step objects (highlighted in green#. The other objects were challenging to find. There was an even amount of HOS; not too many or too little.
- The puzzles in my opinion were way too hard. I couldn't complete them. Skipped every one. Instructions were complex for the ship puzzle especially.
- Based on what I've seen, there are more HOS than puzzles.
- Graphics are pretty good. They are modern, nothing is un--clear.
- Voices are your typical American accents, and are done well. They are not over-done, like some games I've played #notably, Web of Deceit: Black Widow), and seem to match the game well.
-The storyline is your typical one; You are investigating your friend/daughter's disappearance, and some mysterious being is trying to stop you. I've seen it many times before, and this one was average, not too good and not too bad. There was one bit of the story that was different though; a man is able to predict the future in his paintings.
- Gameplay at times was slow and glitchy. Many breif pauses occured, as if the game was not running properly.It may be my computer, or the game itself, I do not know.
Backtracking is minimal, but noticable. At one stage I had to backtrack right to the first scene.
I don't know what it is with games this year, but none are pleasing me. This one is certainly no acception. I would not recommend this game; it started off boring and did not get much better.
January 20, 2013
I'll just pass on this game. I couldn't even finish playing the demo because I was bored. I really hate giving bad reviews because I know that the developers put a lot of time and effort in creating these games. But, I have to be honest; this is a game I wouldn't even buy the standard let alone the CE. Guess I'm spoiled by the better games out there.
January 17, 2013
hidden object game
I played the demo and it felt like I played for hours. I did not like it at all. I actually had a headache after playing it. I don't like going back and forth to find objects to be used in other screens. I don't like having to use the hint button in order to progress so that may have added to my stress. The game was dark and not interesting to me at all. I looked forward to playing because I am a huge fan of art and it seemed like it would be my ideal type of game. I was really disappointed. Hidden objects were challenging and I did like that.
January 17, 2013