My game is hung up on the music box????
Has this game done this with anyone else? Ive got the handle and go into the music box and everytime i get done its like it never happened am I doing something wrong?? otherwise good game till now...
March 27, 2013
Lunna "sees dead people"!
Lunna is a special young girl who sees and talks to dead people.
She is in her new school and when looking for her lost medallion, only reminder of her parents died, she hears a girl singing and goes looking for her in the school.
The game tries to give a sinister air, with the girl humming a sad melody, but for being a bit slow, ends tiring.
Graphics not too much crisp
Two play modes.
Lots of HOS
Mini games are easy
It has a map with tasks.
A simple game, far from being good as those launched today. Somewhat outdated
May be a good game for beginners since it is not really challenging.
Recommended for beginner players.
February 12, 2013
Not that bad
I actually didn't find this game overly dark except as someone else pointed out you have to find a bulb for one of the scenesThis is one of those games you either love or hate you are left to figure out a lot of things on your own The opening scenes which you can skip set the story young girl at a boarding school with a hidden gift AKA see's dead people .leaves her locket in her locker goes to find it is followed by a black shape and it turns out to be a ghost who needs her help I actually found some of the tasks challenging until I got into the game There is a map which opens up the more places you visit The hint button does help but only if you are somewhere relevent .Don't expect lots of hand holding sometimes it is just telling you you need to do something not where to go to get it and what you need . I moved around a bit and then the hints made more sense I also liked the way the angle of the scenes changed at different locations . I started out with an open mind and really enjoyed the demo It will go on my list of to get
February 12, 2013
Average HOPA ? Game has potential but misses the mark.
The storyline is compelling, and I immediately wanted to help Lunna. I found it interesting that the credits are included in the opening cutscene, like the beginning of a movie. A promising start. Based on the demo, I liked it.
Both visuals and sound effectively create a haunting atmosphere, which is entirely appealing, and the music enhances the mood. The cutscenes use superimposed characters with little animation. Not what we have become used to, but nevertheless well drawn.
There have been many comments on the dark graphics with which I agree, but I did find the scenes colourful and the artwork well done. A significant contribution to an overall eerie experience. There are many detailed and attractive locations, with very little activity required in any of them. You just pass through them on your way from one place to another. Have to wonder why.
The HOS are disappointing. Some items are difficult to see and others are out of proportion. Didn't encounter any puzzles, but didn't play long either. Hint locates items in HOS and, other than indicating direction, provides no further help. Tasks can be viewed only one at a time. The map is not helpful, with no jumping and no task markers. Basically, you have to think, remember and work things out on your own. Some find this challenging, others frustrating.
Will use a coupon on this game. I have to find out how the story ends!
February 13, 2013
I wanted to be in the minority...
Oh no. I really, really loved this game when I first played the trial, and even after playing the normal version I still did love it. But after a while the insane back & forth started, the "too many HOG's" started, and I couldn't take no more.
I couldn't and I didn't wanted to finish this game. I got tired and impacient playing it! By the time I got to the swamp maze to get to the church again, I gave up.
Here are the cons:
- The mechanics of the game are slow (menu, cursor speed, the rain effects also made the game slow);
- Way too many hidden objects by the end;
- Useless map;
- Something that ruined the story completely and the overall game, too: I made some significant and interesting discoveries and yet nothing would happen or change in the game;
- The back and forth. OMG! Unbelievable. I never had to "back & forth" so much in a game ever before. This is mainly what made me so bored playing this game;
- This game didn't advance fluidly at all. At all.
- The hint wasn't very helpful;
- This is no intuitive gaming experience;
- Frustation. Desperation.The distance between the hidden objects scenes. One in the canteen. The next one in the swamp hut. The objects had to be used in the tunnel. 'Nuff said;
- Great, memorable music;
- Wonderful background noises, the whispers, specially!;
- Pleasant graphics with interesting and diferent perspectives;
- Lunna was nice, overall;
- The atmosphere was really eerie. Amazing;
- Nice development of the story in the first night and in about half of the second;
- The "first night", "second night" and "third night" thing, was really nice since every night you had different areas to explore in places you had been before.
- i loved the Hawkins school building. Very well achieved and very interesting to explore (but not so by the end of the game...);
So much for the 4 stars I wanted to give it initially...
I'm so disappointed since it was an amazing experience in the beginning, but not overall...
March 12, 2013
This has been the most illogical game I've encountered here. The tasks do not help in figuring out where to go and what to do next. I have played here for several years now and have never had to use the hint button as much as I do here because there simply is no flow to it.
May 4, 2013
I was very excited to start this game as it was an actual story line that seemed intriguing. There are many great graphics that could have had interactions. I guess I am spoiled with the usual. I do hope the devs redo this game as there is so very much that could done with it.
February 12, 2013
Why I chose not to purchase:
1) The atrocious English was a real turn off. I don't mind a couple of mistakes, but some of it made no sense at all.
2# The map is useless, not that a map has to be interactive to be of use, but at least give some relevant info.
3) Whenever a box comes up, you have to hit the X to get it out of the way #as opposed to just clicking anywhere outside of the box).
4) After using a hint, you have to wait tooo long for it to recharge in casual mode
5) The skip takes entirely too long to recharge
6) In the hour trial, the two minigames I encountered were both math related. Many people like number puzzles, I don't.
7) Overall, the game was clunky and just did not flow.
March 8, 2013
This game doesn't really flow well. The actions don't make sense...you wander around trying to figure out what to do and the hints are horrible. Didn't even finish the demo.
February 21, 2013
10/10 vision required
Horrible visual. Why the map doesn't take you anywhere...??
February 20, 2013