Brink of Consciousness: The Lonely Hearts Murders Collector's Edition
No buy for me. I found the continual conversations annoying, the items were sometimes almost impossible to see. Trying to figure out what do next was difficult with out the hint button. Just not my cup of tea.
March 31, 2013
Too Much Talking
The graphics were not too bad in this game. The one thing I could not stand was the talking, you may find a couple of items and then enter into a dialouge with everyone you meet. You weren't able to take the game at your own pace, because you were constantly stopping to talk. The puzzles also were not very challenging. If you don't mind talking constantly throughout the game, you may like this one.
November 20, 2012
I read the reviews of other players, and they must have been playing a diffferent game. I found the game boring, and honestly could not wait for it to be done. I wish I would not have purchased the ce version.
December 13, 2012
Bad Mini-Game Novel
I wanted to play an HOG but Bad Playhouse Theater broke out.... rim shot. The cut scene dialogue here is SOOOO tedious. It goes on and on..... and on. Then you play for 1 minute and 2 more minutes of dialogue.... repeat.
The puzzles are super easy as if they can't wait for you to hear more annoying dialogue, hahaha. And half of the story makes no sense. I'm not even sure why the killer had a broken heart, come to think about. Which reminds me, don't think about playing this game!
Ok, here comes another cut scene :)
August 9, 2013
Be Warned: Mostly Dialog
I cannot believe that this thing is getting five star ratings. I say "thing" because to call this a game is a huge stretch. This is more of an experience of you watching animated characters act out an old fashioned who-done-it. I will give you two facts to help you determine if you will like this "game."
1. This is mostly dialog. It is a one gigabyte download and most of that is dialog. You sit and listen to characters talk for long stretches of time; then they stop talking and you get to do a couple of things; then the characters start talking again. What's worse is that you can't even skip through the dialog line by line: it's either listen to the whole thing or skip the whole speech. How bad is it really? It's so bad that some of the chapters of the story are ENTIRELY dialog. That's right: you don't do anything except sit, watch, and listen. Not a game by my definition.
2. The few puzzles in the game aren't really puzzling. It's just token fiddling with stuff. In fact, my young son was watching me work through one of the "puzzles" and he chuckled and said, "You call THAT a puzzle?" It's pathetic.
This was a total waste of the cost of a CE "game." If I could get a refund, I would. The only restitution is to warn others. If you don't like dialog in your games, you will hate this thing.
November 19, 2012
Boring and tedious
I only played for the 1 hour trial, but it was enough for me to decide whether to buy or not... in this case, definately NOT.
Far too much long winded dialogue, which you cannot skip through at a faster pace, skip means skip through entirely, well whats the point of that.. so you sit and sit and sit some more. When I did get a chance to play, it was very quickly over before I had to sit and listen again.
not for me.
November 27, 2012
I normally do not buy collector's editions as I try to wait for the SE to come out. I was excited when I purchased this and couldn't wait to get started. I am very surprised at the 5 star ratings.
1) DIALOGUE DIALOGUE DIALOGUE!!!
-You cannot skip line by line. You either have to wait for it to finish slowly or skip the ENTIRE scene.
-There is SOOOO MUCH OF IT!!
2)The hidden object scenes are not challenging and the interaction to find certain items in the HOS scenes does not always make sense.
3)Be prepared to trek around a lot. You will go 10 scenes in only to find an item you needed several scenes back.
The graphics are ok, nothing spectacular, the mini games are sooo easy and do not always make sense.
Overall, I would certainly recommend downloading the trial first or waiting for the SE to become available. I found this game boring, tedious, frustrating and more like watching a bad movie. This was definitely not for me. Couldn't wait to finish it.
December 7, 2012
Big on Words,Little Entertainment
The last time I buy a game based on star rating without trying the game out first.What a Ripoff.Talk,talk,talk and more talk.The puzzles were either too easy or too hard.Backtracking is never ending.Not worth the price that's for sure.I enjoyed the hidden object scenes and that's saying a lot as I am not a hidden object fan.
November 20, 2012
This game has a LOT of dialogue, which really takes away from the pace of the game.
The storyline was ok, could've been better, which is a shame. There was a chance at an interesting story, but this game couldn't hold my interest to find out any more.
It seemed a little lacking.
I won't be buying this or even the SE when it comes out
April 2, 2013
a real disappointment
I was giddy when I saw this new installment of "Brink of Consiousness" for I loved the first part but it was a real disappointment
1. the characters talk, talk, talk (the skip button is my new BFF)
2. Graphics : everything looks washed out, tired. the look of the first part was much better
3. mass hidden object games - looking for some junk in a heap of even more junk in the most unlikely places is not my idea of a good time. And it also destroyes every bit of atmosphere.
That's one of the things I loved with the first part no massive hidden object games.
I think this game is a dive compared to the Dorian Gray Syndrome.
December 7, 2012