Adelantado Trilogy: Book Two
Better than Book One!
This second chapter in the trilogy is far better than Book 1. For one thing you can save a chapter part way through rather than play the whole chapter or lose your progress. When the hero opens the gold or the food the player doesn't have to stop and click on each piece to retrieve it. The storyline is improving with each chapter, and I for one, like the game. It is not my usual genre, but a great break from the usual horror/mystery/thriller. Can hardly wait for Book Three! Wonder what that will have in store for us.
April 7, 2013
Great but no-shows drive me crazy
I love this type of game. It's fun to get lost in another world. The visuals, sound, storyline, and characters are all great. The cave scenes are very well executed visually. The generating sites that need efficiency upgrades add to the challenge. HOWEVER, I've found glitches at every single level in the game. Sometimes a necessary site or character shows up and sometimes they don't. I have to restart the level only to find another no-show. Maybe it's my system. Maybe it's because I take so long. I've checked the forums more times than usual just to see what was supposed to happen. It's very frustrating because, otherwise, it's a great game. Hope they come out with a third sequel with improved programming.
May 2, 2013
Some improvements, but still feels the same.
This second "Adelantado", although it showed great improvements, still made me tired of practically always doing the same.
- You now have rewards! Great!;
- Great graphics improvements, you can clearly see it and they look better than ever;
- More level related variety. In some levels you don't have to set up camp, but go through a series of characters quests in order to advance. You also have more variety in the normals levels, you have more tombs and burial chambers to visit and they are larger;
- You can now exit the game and your level progress is saved! Hurray!;
- Beautiful artwork and cutscenes, without a doubt;
- Still the same music! Since its always the same, I always end up turning off the sound because it annoys me;
- The gameplay is still the same and so, the game becomes tiring after a while;
- I noticed that now the efficiency of the buildings drops much more quickly than in the first game and although you can now restore it, it costs too much and then it drops down quickly again;
Although it has been improved, it still practically feels the same to me and the gameplay becomes tiring as you advance through the levels. By the end, I'm sick of doing the same things over again and never accomplishing nothing at all. However, I still liked it and when "Book Three" comes out I'll definitely try it.
April 29, 2013
Very Boring Game
This game is along the lines of the Westward Series
but it is missing Loads of elements that Westward has
there is nothing really beyond building buildings
and waiting while your resources build up
no warring or real fighting
no side quests no challanges really
just Waiting..that in itself is the challange
can you wait without falling asleep!!
This is gameplay in a nutshell...
build buildings Player Waits
sims gather resources Player Waits
hero sim chops down bushes and bashes vases
Staring at a screen Waiting is not my personal idea of fun..
Two chapters are devoted to your hero fetching items
for the natives..while there is no waiting in those chapters
i found fetching items also Boring...
While the first game in this series
had several challanging chapters even in normal mode
this one was not a challange at all
the conclusion chapter i replayed
just to see if i could make it a challange
the only way i could was to spend time building up
too many resources And to Not build the cobblers shop
my hero beat his competitor on first try..
i was so bored with the game
i did not play the hard mode
perhaps it does offer some sort of challange
i dont know..
i suggest trying the game out Before purchasing
and i also suggest that the first in this series
is better than this one...
i doubt i will play either one again in the future...
April 13, 2013
don't like it it's not a good time managment game this is the worst i've ever play
April 2, 2013