The Saint: Abyss of Despair
Okay Game But Short in Length
I really enjoyed playing the Saint: Abyss of Despair. The unique storyline of an ex-priest in africa is rather nice. The graphics, HOGs and dialogue is about perfect. The only complaint i had is that this is shorter than i think it should be. I felt like it should have been a longer game.
Given the fact I spent a game credit on it, I don't feel as bad. I recommend the demo play first before purchasing this.
May 8, 2013
The Game had Potential ...
... but it missed. It could have been WOW if the Developers had put a little more effort into it, but as it is, it was just OK. The Hint button was tediously slow to recharge and I thought the puzzles were mostly terrible. A sort of nice Game to play on a rainy day when there is nothing else to do. Use a "Free Credit Coupon" on this one if you can't find anything better.
April 10, 2013
Okay at best
Biggest problem I found was the length of time after completing a step in being able to move on to the next step - as in putting together recipes. You had to wait for the game to catch up.
April 5, 2013
Ended too soon
I enjoyed the story line but it ended with 17 minutes to spare.
April 7, 2013
NICE AVERAGE GAME WITH INTERESTING STORY
- Mystery with a satisfactory ending
- Good graphics; nice African details
- Told nothing to do when clicking on a room with no actions pending.
- Average HOS; objects are generally not too small
- Provides your next objectives on screen
NEITHER GOOD NOR BAD:
- Lots of adventure
- Puzzles are rather easy
- Some voice overs are quite good; others not so much
NOT SO GOOD:
- This is one of the slowest developing storylines I've seen (I thought the early cutscenes would never end and they weren't told in a very interesting way, which is a shame because the story promises more oomph)
- Sometimes difficult to pick up items
December 3, 2013
What...a...boring...game! First off, if you decide to try this, be sure to hit mute; there is no way anyone could possibly stand the wretched dialogue. I have never heard worse voice overs! The story could have had potential, I guess, although an ex-priest and ex-soldier? Possibly, the author has issues as the scenes are full of religious icons, but whatever...that can be overlooked, but this game simply is no fun. The HOs are boring; nothing interactive. There is a lot of useless dialogue (time wasting fluff, in my opinion) and some simple mini games, a transporting map and wishy washy graphics. I mean, come on, it's set in Africa, at least the graphics could be interesting.
Alas....I think I would end up in the abyss of despair should I continue to play this!
April 5, 2013