Home Sweet Home
Unique, personalized, home designing game that is so fun!
I fell in love with this game. I don't know of another interior decoration challenge game, but this one is unique and you get more freedom than you would expect. It's like you are an interior decorator. You try to create what the customer really wants, but you can decide how challenging it's going to be by how you personally would like to create the theme. It's one of those games I keep coming back to, and I have to say this is on my top games. They also have sequels.
November 22, 2011
Fun Interior Design Game
I really loved this game. You get a good amount of free reign when decorating living spaces, which was really cool, and you get a decent amount of things to choose from, which was nice as well. You are a designer and you are to decorate there space, and you also have a limited amount of spending money, so you learn to shop frugal too. You are told when you're doing really good, and if the owner loves it you can move onto the next step, however, if you don't put enough effort or pay attention to what they might want, you'll have to start over again. You can get the hint to tell you what belongs in the house, but that ruins the whole point of a challenge. Onto the next stage you have workers that will finish the construction of your living space, and you only get a certain amount of "days" to complete it. This stage of the game will become challenging with the little things the game creator added here and there. I have to admit, I was mad sometimes. What I liked about the game was everything. I love being able to choose items to decorate with, and the challege was nice as well. I recommend "Home Sweet Home: Kitchens & Baths" edition as well.
December 29, 2011
Great designing game
Loved the game and would love to play it all day.
February 11, 2012
Addicted -- I want more!
I love this game. I love any interior decorating and this fits the bill. I like that you have to solve a riddle to figure out what your clients want. When you decorate all the colors are gray tone. The room doesn't become colorful until you're all done building it. I wish they changed this.
Most importantly, I wish they came out with another version. The Christmas one is good. The kitchen and baths...meh, not so great. I've been waiting for another game in this series but it looks like it won't happen. :( If you like to do interior decorating then this is the game for you!
December 1, 2011
Interior Design Fun
This game is fun for anyone who likes interior decorating and strategy games. It is not as visually detailed or realistic as I would prefer, but it does present a timed challenge that is fun. It would be great to see this game concept developed into a visually stunning and more mature style.
February 12, 2012
Interior designing at its best.
It was fun, it was challenging (ish) and highly enjoyable. Recommended to all.
July 10, 2013
This is fun if you like to decorate home
July 12, 2012
A great family's game
I love to play this game with my daughter. It's a great game to play together !
August 25, 2013
1) I hated the fact that whilst designing, everything I choose is in sketch mode, which means that I cannot see the whole thing come together.
2) When you are done with building the home, they give you a picture of the whole thing, but it's gone really quick, and I'm sure you can find the picture in your portfolio, but I'm too lazy. I'd like to admire the 10 min effort I put into the room immediately, y'know?
3) The choices seemed a lot initially, but started to turn out really monotonous, esp when the customers are asking for something and all you find is the same furniture over and over again. [and the choices given don't really match what the customer wants]
4) The game looks like it will be over quickly. [I only got the demo]
If you are into interior designing, I'll recommend this to you. :)
However, for players in general, I recommend the demo.
Honestly, I'd only get the full game if there was an offer, like at $2.99 or something. :/
Still an ok game tho'.
December 27, 2011
I like this game, but I do have a few complaints:
1) I'm on the 12th house, and I still only have the same furniture and accessories to use.
2) While you can decorate your own home outside of play mode, you can't expand your living space to add more furniture, regardless of how much money you earn.
3) You need to be careful about placing items too close together or in front of one another. For example, if a worker needs to use the trash can, but is behind a floor lamp, you will be unable to click on him without highlighting the lamp, no matter how precisely you try to select him.
April 12, 2012